We are a fit mid-60's couple flying into and out of Auckland. We will rent a car and plan to take ferry both ways. We are interested in 5-10 mile walks/hikes, gardens, architecture, culture, mountains, waterfalls, & out-of-the way spots. There are so many interesting places, it is hard to narrow down our choices. While honeymooning, we are frugal and plan on more budget accommodations with perhaps a splurge at 1 or 2 homestays. Please help us with itinerary and accommodation suggestions. We have decided to skip Waitomo caves. We have checked some of the forum postings, especially indiancouple, and have ideas; but wonder what is best for 9/23 through 10/20. Thanks.
Honeymooning 28 days Sept./Oct. New Zealand N&S Islands by car
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 2 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 3 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 4 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 5 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 6 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 7 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 8 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 9 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 10 14 days in NZ in February
- 11 Emirates and Jetstar
- 12 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 13 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 14 16 days all over New Zealand
- 15 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 16 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 17 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 18 Heading to Australia!
- 19 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 20 South Island Itinerary
- 21 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 22 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 23 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 24 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 25 Information on Transit Visa in Australia