We are a fit mid-60's couple flying into and out of Auckland. We will rent a car and plan to take ferry both ways. We are interested in 5-10 mile walks/hikes, gardens, architecture, culture, mountains, waterfalls, & out-of-the way spots. There are so many interesting places, it is hard to narrow down our choices. While honeymooning, we are frugal and plan on more budget accommodations with perhaps a splurge at 1 or 2 homestays. Please help us with itinerary and accommodation suggestions. We have decided to skip Waitomo caves. We have checked some of the forum postings, especially indiancouple, and have ideas; but wonder what is best for 9/23 through 10/20. Thanks.
Honeymooning 28 days Sept./Oct. New Zealand N&S Islands by car
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Paging Cathies
- 2 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 3 5 days in Tasmania
- 4 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 5 Help
- 6 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 7 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 8 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 9 Byron Bay or ...
- 10 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 11 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 12 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 13 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 14 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 15 NZ vs Aust
- 16 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 17 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 18 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 19 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 20 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 21 August week end in Auckland
- 22 28 days to campervan around australia
- 23 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 24 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 25 Sydney Weather in September