I am currently in the process of thinking through some ideas for a honeymoon for my fiancee and I post our wedding in July of 2017. We will be wed in Chicago towards the end of the month and were looking to take about 2 weeks to travel somewhere truly unique / exotic for our honeymoon. We are big fans of the beach, but also would like to enjoy some adventure (whether that is hiking, kayaking, or exploring a new city)
We were originally thinking Australia (Sydney or Melbourne), New Zealand (Queenstown), and French Polynesia (Bora Bora / Morea) but given that it is winter in the Southern Hemisphere we are concerned about the New Zealand / Australia portion of trip as it will be cold and potentially snowy.
My fiancee ideally would like to not encounter snow on our honeymoon but we would love to get your thoughts on winter time in both NZ / AUS. That being said, we would also like to hear what other countries we should considering visiting if we still wanted to do something with French Polynesia or Cook Islands.
Thank you for the help -- I know that this group can provide me with some ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 2 Picton Drive Through
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 5 August Honeymoon Help?
- 6 How to split up Australia?
- 7 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 8 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 9 Brisbane to Sydney
- 10 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 11 East Coast Australia
- 12 North and South Island of NZ
- 13 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 14 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 15 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 16 Marlborough Sounds
- 17 Blue mountain in July
- 18 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 19 Tonga January Weather
- 20 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 21 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 22 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 23 Alesund - Geiranger
- 24 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 25 australia for first time