I am currently in the process of thinking through some ideas for a honeymoon for my fiancee and I post our wedding in July of 2017. We will be wed in Chicago towards the end of the month and were looking to take about 2 weeks to travel somewhere truly unique / exotic for our honeymoon. We are big fans of the beach, but also would like to enjoy some adventure (whether that is hiking, kayaking, or exploring a new city)
We were originally thinking Australia (Sydney or Melbourne), New Zealand (Queenstown), and French Polynesia (Bora Bora / Morea) but given that it is winter in the Southern Hemisphere we are concerned about the New Zealand / Australia portion of trip as it will be cold and potentially snowy.
My fiancee ideally would like to not encounter snow on our honeymoon but we would love to get your thoughts on winter time in both NZ / AUS. That being said, we would also like to hear what other countries we should considering visiting if we still wanted to do something with French Polynesia or Cook Islands.
Thank you for the help -- I know that this group can provide me with some ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 2 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 3 west and north Tasmania
- 4 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 5 Trip to Cairns
- 6 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 7 Beers in Oz
- 8 NZ visa denials
- 9 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 10 Brisbane to Sydney
- 11 5 days in South Island
- 12 Vini SIM card?
- 13 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 14 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary
- 16 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 17 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 18 Help on Itinerary
- 19 Sydney Trip
- 20 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 21 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 22 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 23 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 24 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 25 Extra 2 nights = help