Hoping you may be able to provide some advice on a road trip we are planning around New Zealand for our honeymoon in mid October.
We have got 16 days in New Zealand, flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch. We are planning on renting a car and then stopping at hotels along the way. I know we will be slightly under pressure for time as we are planning to cover the main tourist spots across the north and South Island.
We ideally don't want to take any internal flights once we are in NZ and will plan to get the ferry between the north and South Island.
Would be great if anyone could provide a suggested itinerary for the 16 days or any key spots we shouldn't miss. Any recommended places to stay for honeymooners will also be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 16 Days on the South Island
- 4 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 5 Hamilton Island
- 6 Need help in Auckland
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 8 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 9 Six Weeks Down Under
- 10 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 11 Uber in Sydney
- 12 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 13 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 14 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 15 Darwin Accomodations
- 16 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 17 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 18 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 19 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 20 The Red Center?
- 21 Trip to Cairns
- 22 Blue mountain Or Daintree in July
- 23 Sydney Restauranr Near Opera House for Early Dining
- 24 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 25 Australia Wide Roadtrip