I went to Heron Island for 6 days. At the right time, you can witness turtles come on shore to lay eggs, the small hatchlings leave the nest, witness multitude of nesting Noddy Terns, get woken up during the night from the hooting of nesting mutton birds, snorkel on the fringing reef from outside your bungalow and go scuba diving on the reef. But to be there at the right time requires some planning. To this end I have written an illustrated report including maps at http://www.artphototravel.net/the-pacific/heron-island-australia/
Heron Island, best time
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Night Out Byron Bay
- 2 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 3 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 4 Sydney and Auckland
- 5 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 6 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 7 10 days itinerary
- 8 Fremantle my love..
- 9 Internet access
- 10 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 11 Packing List
- 12 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 13 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 14 Books?
- 15 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 16 Choosing a Visa
- 17 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 18 One spare day in Darwin
- 19 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 20 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 21 Travel Visa
- 22 Canberra
- 23 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 24 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney
- 25 Family Trip to New Zealand: Would love itinerary thoughts!