We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help needed--GBR, Daintree, Mossman, Atherton
- 2 Pre cruise Sydney hotel recommendations
- 3 Car hire in NZ
- 4 Hobbiton Movie Set Tour Question
- 5 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 6 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 7 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 8 Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
- 9 5 days in Tasmania--help needed
- 10 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 11 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 12 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 13 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 14 Hobart accommodation
- 15 Car rental for Kangaroo Island
- 16 to Kangaroo Island by rented car on the ferry ?
- 17 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 18 New Zealand advice
- 19 Sydney - GTG with Raincitygirl - April
- 20 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 21 Sydney Airport Hotels?
- 22 Extra time in Melbourne
- 23 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 24 Perth, Red Center itinerary - need help!
- 25 Four Seasons Sydney