We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 2 South and North New Zealand in three weeks
- 3 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 4 Ghan, Indian Pacific trains -- reserve ASAP
- 5 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 6 Best Car rental company to use--Australia & New Zealand
- 7 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 8 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 9 Cairns Activities & Excursions for 4 Days
- 10 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 11 Accommodation Brisbane
- 12 Accommodation Brisbane
- 13 Happy Australia Day!
- 14 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 15 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 16 Tim Tam
- 17 Tipping
- 18 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 19 Transit Time at SYD
- 20 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 21 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 22 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 23 Car rentals south island
- 24 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 25 Brisbane, need short term accommodation