We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 2 Queensland north and Perth south
- 3 Melbourne or Sydney?
- 4 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 5 Tips for Cook Islands - Solo Female Traveler
- 6 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 7 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 3
- 8 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 9 NZ- Nov or Dec?
- 10 Proposed itinerary- comments please!
- 11 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 12 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 13 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 14 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 15 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 16 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 17 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 18 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 19 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 20 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 21 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 22 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 23 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 24 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 25 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2