We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 3 The southern lights
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 6 Mel's NZ Photos
- 7 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 8 August Honeymoon Help?
- 9 How to split up Australia?
- 10 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 11 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 12 Brisbane to Sydney
- 13 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 14 East Coast Australia
- 15 North and South Island of NZ
- 16 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 17 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 18 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 19 Marlborough Sounds
- 20 Blue mountain in July
- 21 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 22 Tonga January Weather
- 23 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 24 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 25 Scenary around Winton QLD