We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Location suggestions: beachy long weekend from Auckland?
- 2 mobile wifi device for Australia
- 3 Sydney
- 4 One day in Fiji
- 5 NZ: A Series of Bitter Disappointments -- a Songdoc Trip Report
- 6 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 7 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 8 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 9 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 10 Experienced Aussie travellers needed for a survey
- 11 Done crying and only drinking a little.
- 12 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help
- 13 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 14 Sydney MyMulti Pass
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 16 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 17 Which Fiji or Cook Island ?
- 18 Hobart
- 19 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 20 Should we change our plans ???
- 21 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 22 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 23 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 24 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 25 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos