We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dec trip - Itinerary planning help and recommendations
- 2 Sydney CBC Serviced Apartment
- 3 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 4 3 days for trip from Christchurch
- 5 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 6 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 7 New Zealand Itinerary January/February
- 8 Need help on 2 week itinerary - North Island, winter, with kids (5, 7, 10)
- 9 Help a North American understand winter in New Zealand
- 10 Need Advice for NZ winter trip itinerary
- 11 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 12 Franz Josef or Mt. Cook?
- 13 One day in Sydney
- 14 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 15 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Sydney & New Zealand (South Island)
- 16 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 17 9 days in Fiji
- 18 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 19 Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?
- 20 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 21 Australia Itinerary Help In July/August
- 22 Red Centre - how long to stay
- 23 New Zealand/Fiji/Tahiti/Australia oh my
- 24 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 25 Final leg of trip: SI to NI