We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 2 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 3 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 4 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 5 Question about the "Build Up"
- 6 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 7 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 8 Tipping
- 9 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 10 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance
- 11 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 12 auckland connection
- 13 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 14 Five weeks in ANZ
- 15 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 16 Drive from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
- 17 Pictures and HD Videos from one week in Palau
- 18 A Good Day Trips Company in New Zealand
- 19 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 20 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 21 New Zealand Travel Agencies
- 22 Sydney
- 23 10 Day Itinerary South Island
- 24 Which route to take - to/from Kaikoura
- 25 Is there a "best time" to visit Abel Tasman and the northern South Island?