We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 13 days New Zealand (both NI & SI) - Final Itinerary - Request for Feedback
- 2 9 Hour layover in Sydney, what to do?
- 3 Advice for 21 Day New Zealand Motorhome
- 4 Planning 2 weeks in Australia (Dec, 2015)
- 5 16 Days NZ Trip
- 6 Phone card/prepaid phone
- 7 Best route from Launceston to Cradle Mtn and return to Freycinet
- 8 Warrnambool AND Oddball.
- 9 18 days in New Zealand - Advise
- 10 Queenstown/Otango for 72 hours
- 11 February visit to scuba in Great Barrier Reef?
- 12 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 13 Queensland Tips
- 14 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 15 Wineries with accomodations
- 16 Drivers license
- 17 Road trip to Canberra and Sydney
- 18 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 19 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 20 South Island New Zealand 28 days in a motor home
- 21 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 22 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 23 Tahiti vs Moorea vs Bora Bora
- 24 Cell Phone/Data Service for NZ
- 25 Itinerary: Both Islands in 27 days