We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 2/3 day stay on the GBR from Brisbane
- 2 Feedback on 8 week OZ/NZ Itin
- 3 Girls long weekend to Sydney/Katoomba
- 4 North Island
- 5 Port Arthur v Alcatraz
- 6 North Island New Zealand itinerary help Oct 2015
- 7 4 weeks itinerary
- 8 Aug Trip with 2 kiddos, please advise
- 9 Vale - Peterallan, a fine Australian Fodorite
- 10 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 11 Aussie fodorites - can u help?
- 12 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 13 Rental Cars Locations Auckalnd
- 14 Driving quesitons for New Zealand in the Winter
- 15 Knowing the right shipping cargo container.
- 16 Travel to New Zealand
- 17 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 18 Tour operators
- 19 time needed - disembarking ferry and to WLG airport
- 20 Winterfest - Medieval Festival - Parramatta
- 21 Need advice for South Island New Zealand trip
- 22 Sydney-Queensland-New Zealand
- 23 travel agency for PNG
- 24 Blue Mountains
- 25 New Zealand North Island Trip recommendations