We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help
- 2 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 3 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 4 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 5 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 6 Packing List
- 7 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 8 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 9 Sydney and Auckland
- 10 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 11 Internet access
- 12 Night Out Byron Bay
- 13 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 14 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 15 10 days itinerary
- 16 Fremantle my love..
- 17 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 18 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 19 Books?
- 20 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 21 Choosing a Visa
- 22 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 23 One spare day in Darwin
- 24 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 25 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas