We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 nakedbus passport to sell!
- 2 Great Ocean Road
- 3 Wallaby vs All Blacks in Sydney in August
- 4 Australia & New Zealand tour companies
- 5 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 6 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 7 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 8 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 9 Planning a trip in Australia
- 10 North Island New Zealand itinerary help Oct 2015
- 11 Good Base for a stay in Australia
- 12 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 13 New Zealand South Island trip - Itinerary guidance
- 14 2/3 day stay on the GBR from Brisbane
- 15 Campervans/Motorhome questions
- 16 Tasmania Itinerary for a fly fisherman
- 17 2 weeks trip in Australia
- 18 How is this itinerary?
- 19 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 20 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 21 Wallis and Futuna decision
- 22 practical advice needed - GPS, phone, hotels
- 23 My 2 weeks trip in Perth with 2 kiddos
- 24 Itinerary help: 14 day NZ+Sydney trip in September
- 25 North Island