We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 2 Six Weeks Down Under
- 3 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 6 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 7 North and South Island of NZ
- 8 The southern lights
- 9 Mel's NZ Photos
- 10 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 11 August Honeymoon Help?
- 12 How to split up Australia?
- 13 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 14 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 15 Brisbane to Sydney
- 16 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 17 East Coast Australia
- 18 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 19 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 20 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 21 Marlborough Sounds
- 22 Blue mountain in July
- 23 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 24 Tonga January Weather
- 25 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015