We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 help with intinerary please!
- 2 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 3 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 4 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 5 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 6 Quaint
- 7 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 8 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 9 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 10 Western Australia + Where?
- 11 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 12 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 13 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 14 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 15 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 16 A few days in Darwin
- 17 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 18 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 19 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
- 20 Ride sharing Service
- 21 Our Three weeks in Australia and PNG
- 22 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 23 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 24 Which glowworm dell is better – Hokitika or Fox Glacier (Minnehaha)?
- 25 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)