We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 2 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 3 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 4 New Zealand itinerary help
- 5 Hotel in Sydney
- 6 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 7 Melbourne Drive
- 8 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 9 Sydney or Melbourne
- 10 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 11 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 12 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 13 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 14 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 15 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 16 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 17 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 18 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 19 New York Times guide to Perth
- 20 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 21 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 22 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 23 Shopping for Opals
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Tasmania-where to stay for Freycinet Park,Launceston,Cradle Mt?