We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Free Camping
- 2 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 3 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 4 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 5 Clever, mischievous keas
- 6 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 7 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 8 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 9 Kaikoura roads update
- 10 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 11 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 14 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 15 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 16 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 17 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 18 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 19 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 20 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 21 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 22 Translation of documents
- 23 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 24 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne