We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 2 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 3 Byron Bay or ...
- 4 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 5 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 6 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 7 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 8 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 9 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 10 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 11 Paging Cathies
- 12 NZ vs Aust
- 13 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 14 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 15 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 16 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 17 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 18 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 19 August week end in Auckland
- 20 28 days to campervan around australia
- 21 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 22 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 23 Sydney Weather in September
- 24 South Island Suggestions ...
- 25 Favorite things to do in Melbourne