We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 2 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 3 EASTER SPECIAL OFFER,MAASAI MARA,KENYA,AFRICA
- 4 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 5 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 6 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 7 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 8 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 9 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 10 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 11 Question about the "Build Up"
- 12 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 13 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 14 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 15 Tipping
- 16 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 17 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance
- 18 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 19 auckland connection
- 20 Five weeks in ANZ
- 21 Drive from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
- 22 Pictures and HD Videos from one week in Palau
- 23 A Good Day Trips Company in New Zealand
- 24 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 25 New Zealand Travel Agencies