My husband and I are planning our first trip to New Zealand. Following is the itinerary we came up with:
Day 1: Auckland
Day 2 and 3: Rotorua and Thermal Attractions
Day 4: Fly to Queenstown
Day 5 and 6: Queenstown
Day 7: Doubtful Sounds
Day 8: Te Anau
Day 9: Milford Track
Day 10 and 11: Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers
Day 12: Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
Day 13: Abel Tasman
Day 14: Abel Tasman to Kaikoura
Day 15: Kaikoura to Christchurch
Is this a reasonable itinerary? Any input is appreciated. We are planning on going there early December. What will the weather be like?
Help! First trip to New Zealand
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 2 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 3 Sydney and Auckland
- 4 10 days itinerary
- 5 Fremantle my love..
- 6 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 7 Internet access
- 8 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 9 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 10 Packing List
- 11 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 12 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 13 Books?
- 14 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 15 Choosing a Visa
- 16 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 17 One spare day in Darwin
- 18 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 19 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 20 Travel Visa
- 21 Canberra
- 22 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 23 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney
- 24 Family Trip to New Zealand: Would love itinerary thoughts!
- 25 Bicycle Traving - What not to do