I am flying into Auckland this weekend for a conference and will have 3.5 days to travel before hand. I've been to the south island before, which I loved it, and I am thinking of returning during this trip. However, I am trying to decide where to go with only 3 days (and jetlagged). Can anyone suggest where exactly I should spend my brief amount of time? I visited Queenstown, Milford Sound and the Routeburn track during my last visit, which was years ago.
I was thinking of either Wanaka, Glenorchy or Te Anau. Would anyone suggest one place over the other?
Help deciding where to go in South Island of New Zealand
- 1 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 2 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 3 Emirates and Jetstar
- 4 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 5 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 6 16 days all over New Zealand
- 7 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 8 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 9 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 10 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 11 Heading to Australia!
- 12 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 13 South Island Itinerary
- 14 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 15 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 16 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 17 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 18 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 19 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 20 victoria in march
- 21 3 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 22 Victoria with kids
- 23 Puffing billy day trip from Melbourne
- 24 Egyptian Clay Bowl
- 25 Australia for 4 weeks