I am flying into Auckland this weekend for a conference and will have 3.5 days to travel before hand. I've been to the south island before, which I loved it, and I am thinking of returning during this trip. However, I am trying to decide where to go with only 3 days (and jetlagged). Can anyone suggest where exactly I should spend my brief amount of time? I visited Queenstown, Milford Sound and the Routeburn track during my last visit, which was years ago.
I was thinking of either Wanaka, Glenorchy or Te Anau. Would anyone suggest one place over the other?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 2 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 3 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 4 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 5 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 6 Uluru
- 7 16 days in Australia
- 8 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 9 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 10 Gluten free Australia
- 11 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 12 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 13 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 14 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 15 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 16 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 17 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 18 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 19 25day planning for Australia
- 20 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 21 Help New Zealand
- 22 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 23 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 24 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
- 25 Private Tour Guides Australian Coast