I am flying into Auckland this weekend for a conference and will have 3.5 days to travel before hand. I've been to the south island before, which I loved it, and I am thinking of returning during this trip. However, I am trying to decide where to go with only 3 days (and jetlagged). Can anyone suggest where exactly I should spend my brief amount of time? I visited Queenstown, Milford Sound and the Routeburn track during my last visit, which was years ago.
I was thinking of either Wanaka, Glenorchy or Te Anau. Would anyone suggest one place over the other?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 2 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 3 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 4 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 5 Quaint
- 6 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 7 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 8 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 9 Western Australia + Where?
- 10 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 11 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 12 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 13 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 14 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 15 A few days in Darwin
- 16 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 17 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 18 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
- 19 Ride sharing Service
- 20 Our Three weeks in Australia and PNG
- 21 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 22 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 23 Which glowworm dell is better – Hokitika or Fox Glacier (Minnehaha)?
- 24 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 25 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia