I am flying into Auckland this weekend for a conference and will have 3.5 days to travel before hand. I've been to the south island before, which I loved it, and I am thinking of returning during this trip. However, I am trying to decide where to go with only 3 days (and jetlagged). Can anyone suggest where exactly I should spend my brief amount of time? I visited Queenstown, Milford Sound and the Routeburn track during my last visit, which was years ago.
I was thinking of either Wanaka, Glenorchy or Te Anau. Would anyone suggest one place over the other?
Help deciding where to go in South Island of New Zealand
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 2 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 3 Night Out Byron Bay
- 4 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 5 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 6 Sydney and Auckland
- 7 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 8 10 days itinerary
- 9 Fremantle my love..
- 10 Internet access
- 11 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 12 Packing List
- 13 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 14 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 15 Books?
- 16 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 17 Choosing a Visa
- 18 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 19 One spare day in Darwin
- 20 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 21 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 22 Travel Visa
- 23 Canberra
- 24 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 25 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney