I am flying into Auckland this weekend for a conference and will have 3.5 days to travel before hand. I've been to the south island before, which I loved it, and I am thinking of returning during this trip. However, I am trying to decide where to go with only 3 days (and jetlagged). Can anyone suggest where exactly I should spend my brief amount of time? I visited Queenstown, Milford Sound and the Routeburn track during my last visit, which was years ago.
I was thinking of either Wanaka, Glenorchy or Te Anau. Would anyone suggest one place over the other?
Help deciding where to go in South Island of New Zealand
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 2 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 3 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 4 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 5 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 6 New Zealand itinerary help
- 7 Hotel in Sydney
- 8 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 9 Melbourne Drive
- 10 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 11 Sydney or Melbourne
- 12 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 13 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 14 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 15 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 16 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 17 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 18 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 19 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 20 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 21 New York Times guide to Perth
- 22 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 23 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 24 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 25 Shopping for Opals