My fiance and I are torn between picking Tahiti or Maui for our honeymoon, which will be late October, early November. I've read the other postings about Tahiti and Hawaii, but we would have a tighter budget than most. We were hoping to spend about $5,000. We were leaning toward Moorea if we went to any of the islands. Is it realistic to go to French Polynesia on that budget (flying from the Midwest USA) or would Hawaii be our better choice. We both love hiking especially to waterfalls, four-wheeling, snorkeling, and just playing at the beach. We'll have about 7 days for our trip, and I was afraid that there's so much to do in Maui that I won't be able to relax, but will constantly be on the go wanting to experience everything. Also, I've read all about the positives of both Hawaii and French Polynesia, but can anyone list some negatives of each place which may aid in our decision making. If we choose Moorea, would it be suggested to try to get a vacation package? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 2 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 3 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 4 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 5 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 6 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 7 Uluru
- 8 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 9 16 days in Australia
- 10 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 11 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 12 25day planning for Australia
- 13 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 14 Help New Zealand
- 15 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 16 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 17 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 18 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
- 19 Private Tour Guides Australian Coast
- 20 Great Ocean Road
- 21 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 22 New Zealand travel agents/itinerary
- 23 new zealand 18days
- 24 Tasting Tassie - November 2016
- 25 Issues Finding Camper Rentals