My fiance and I are torn between picking Tahiti or Maui for our honeymoon, which will be late October, early November. I've read the other postings about Tahiti and Hawaii, but we would have a tighter budget than most. We were hoping to spend about $5,000. We were leaning toward Moorea if we went to any of the islands. Is it realistic to go to French Polynesia on that budget (flying from the Midwest USA) or would Hawaii be our better choice. We both love hiking especially to waterfalls, four-wheeling, snorkeling, and just playing at the beach. We'll have about 7 days for our trip, and I was afraid that there's so much to do in Maui that I won't be able to relax, but will constantly be on the go wanting to experience everything. Also, I've read all about the positives of both Hawaii and French Polynesia, but can anyone list some negatives of each place which may aid in our decision making. If we choose Moorea, would it be suggested to try to get a vacation package? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help on Itinerary
- 2 New Zealand Itinerary
- 3 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 4 Sydney Trip
- 5 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 6 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 7 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 8 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 9 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 10 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 11 Extra 2 nights = help
- 12 February Australia Visit
- 13 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 14 Best wildlife near sydney
- 15 Where to go in Australia
- 16 Bruny Island
- 17 Western Australia
- 18 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 19 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 20 New Zealand South Island Alternative Itinerary
- 21 New Zealand travel agents/itinerary
- 22 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 23 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 24 10 days in Sydney and surrounding areas
- 25 Telephone Reception