My fiance and I are torn between picking Tahiti or Maui for our honeymoon, which will be late October, early November. I've read the other postings about Tahiti and Hawaii, but we would have a tighter budget than most. We were hoping to spend about $5,000. We were leaning toward Moorea if we went to any of the islands. Is it realistic to go to French Polynesia on that budget (flying from the Midwest USA) or would Hawaii be our better choice. We both love hiking especially to waterfalls, four-wheeling, snorkeling, and just playing at the beach. We'll have about 7 days for our trip, and I was afraid that there's so much to do in Maui that I won't be able to relax, but will constantly be on the go wanting to experience everything. Also, I've read all about the positives of both Hawaii and French Polynesia, but can anyone list some negatives of each place which may aid in our decision making. If we choose Moorea, would it be suggested to try to get a vacation package? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 about 24K Gold Serum:
- 2 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 3 How to split up Australia?
- 4 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 5 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 6 Brisbane to Sydney
- 7 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 8 East Coast Australia
- 9 Six Weeks Down Under
- 10 North and South Island of NZ
- 11 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 12 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 13 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 14 Marlborough Sounds
- 15 Blue mountain in July
- 16 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 17 Tonga January Weather
- 18 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 19 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 20 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 21 Alesund - Geiranger
- 22 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 23 australia for first time
- 24 August Honeymoon Help?
- 25 Auckland restaurants and brewpubs?