My fiance and I are torn between picking Tahiti or Maui for our honeymoon, which will be late October, early November. I've read the other postings about Tahiti and Hawaii, but we would have a tighter budget than most. We were hoping to spend about $5,000. We were leaning toward Moorea if we went to any of the islands. Is it realistic to go to French Polynesia on that budget (flying from the Midwest USA) or would Hawaii be our better choice. We both love hiking especially to waterfalls, four-wheeling, snorkeling, and just playing at the beach. We'll have about 7 days for our trip, and I was afraid that there's so much to do in Maui that I won't be able to relax, but will constantly be on the go wanting to experience everything. Also, I've read all about the positives of both Hawaii and French Polynesia, but can anyone list some negatives of each place which may aid in our decision making. If we choose Moorea, would it be suggested to try to get a vacation package? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Uluru
- 2 4-hour layover in Melbourne (From LAX to New Zealand)
- 3 Great Barrier Reaf or Sydney for Snorkeling
- 4 Base for visiting great barrier reef
- 5 Phone Cards
- 6 1 extra day to Nelson or Picton
- 7 Sydney to Brisbane
- 8 Australia Trip Report (Sydney, Cairns, Hamilton Island) 2012
- 9 February Travel
- 10 its just a post
- 11 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 12 24 day itinary on both islanxs
- 13 South Island versus North Island NZ
- 14 Is Mid October too late for the wildflowers in Western Australia?
- 15 Traveling through East Coast
- 16 NZ November!
- 17 New Zealand Sth Island
- 18 Advice for 21 Day New Zealand Motorhome
- 19 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 20 Australia in 2 Weeks
- 21 How to allocate time: bora bora, tahit, moorea?
- 22 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 23 AUS/NZ trip planning
- 24 Abel Tasman National Park
- 25 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April