My fiance and I are torn between picking Tahiti or Maui for our honeymoon, which will be late October, early November. I've read the other postings about Tahiti and Hawaii, but we would have a tighter budget than most. We were hoping to spend about $5,000. We were leaning toward Moorea if we went to any of the islands. Is it realistic to go to French Polynesia on that budget (flying from the Midwest USA) or would Hawaii be our better choice. We both love hiking especially to waterfalls, four-wheeling, snorkeling, and just playing at the beach. We'll have about 7 days for our trip, and I was afraid that there's so much to do in Maui that I won't be able to relax, but will constantly be on the go wanting to experience everything. Also, I've read all about the positives of both Hawaii and French Polynesia, but can anyone list some negatives of each place which may aid in our decision making. If we choose Moorea, would it be suggested to try to get a vacation package? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 2 Haast Village stay advice needed
- 3 Surprises in Australia
- 4 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 5 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 6 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 7 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 8 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 9 2 days in Auckland
- 10 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 11 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 12 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 13 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 14 5 nights in Sydney
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 16 Best places to travel in Australia
- 17 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 18 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 19 16 Days on the South Island
- 20 Cook Islands for families
- 21 B&B in NZ
- 22 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
- 23 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary
- 24 12 day Trip to NZ in Nov 2017
- 25 Bay of Islands Day tour?