My fiance and I are torn between picking Tahiti or Maui for our honeymoon, which will be late October, early November. I've read the other postings about Tahiti and Hawaii, but we would have a tighter budget than most. We were hoping to spend about $5,000. We were leaning toward Moorea if we went to any of the islands. Is it realistic to go to French Polynesia on that budget (flying from the Midwest USA) or would Hawaii be our better choice. We both love hiking especially to waterfalls, four-wheeling, snorkeling, and just playing at the beach. We'll have about 7 days for our trip, and I was afraid that there's so much to do in Maui that I won't be able to relax, but will constantly be on the go wanting to experience everything. Also, I've read all about the positives of both Hawaii and French Polynesia, but can anyone list some negatives of each place which may aid in our decision making. If we choose Moorea, would it be suggested to try to get a vacation package? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Perfecting my NZ Itinerary
- 2 Add Mt Cook or not.
- 3 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 4 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 5 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 6 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 7 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 8 Real estate question
- 9 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 10 Food to Try Out
- 11 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 12 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 13 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 14 Wainui Falls
- 15 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 16 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 17 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 18 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 19 Day trips from Wellington
- 20 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 21 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 22 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 23 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI
- 24 3 days on North Island, NZ
- 25 Australia Visit in Feb'18