My fiance and I are torn between picking Tahiti or Maui for our honeymoon, which will be late October, early November. I've read the other postings about Tahiti and Hawaii, but we would have a tighter budget than most. We were hoping to spend about $5,000. We were leaning toward Moorea if we went to any of the islands. Is it realistic to go to French Polynesia on that budget (flying from the Midwest USA) or would Hawaii be our better choice. We both love hiking especially to waterfalls, four-wheeling, snorkeling, and just playing at the beach. We'll have about 7 days for our trip, and I was afraid that there's so much to do in Maui that I won't be able to relax, but will constantly be on the go wanting to experience everything. Also, I've read all about the positives of both Hawaii and French Polynesia, but can anyone list some negatives of each place which may aid in our decision making. If we choose Moorea, would it be suggested to try to get a vacation package? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Car hire in NZ
- 2 GET YOUR EX BACK
- 3 HOW TO GET YOUR EX BACK.......
- 4 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 5 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 6 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 7 5 days in Tasmania--help needed
- 8 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 9 Hobart accommodation
- 10 Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
- 11 Car rental for Kangaroo Island
- 12 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 13 to Kangaroo Island by rented car on the ferry ?
- 14 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 15 New Zealand advice
- 16 Hobbiton Movie Set Tour Question
- 17 Sydney - GTG with Raincitygirl - April
- 18 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 19 Sydney Airport Hotels?
- 20 Extra time in Melbourne
- 21 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 22 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 23 Perth, Red Center itinerary - need help!
- 24 Four Seasons Sydney
- 25 Christchurch or Akaroa?