I'm trying to quickly map out an itinerary for my family as we have planned a last minute Spring Break vacation to New Zealand! My kids are 8 and 5, so any kid friendly things to see/do and hotel ideas would be much appreciated! Can anyone tell me if some of the Hostels would be family friendly or is a different type of accomodation better? Some looked more like motels to me and seem to be popular so need to ask....Also, since the earthquake is it best to not go to the Christchurch area and do other areas? Also if anyone on here could recommend a good Farmstay we thought that sounded neat! Thinking of skipping the Glaciers as I'm thinking this wouldn't be that exciting for young kids and thinking I would need to have pretty warm clothes to be there.....
I'm thinking of renting a car the entire time, but realized it might be challenging with the whole driving on the left side....anyone experience this and how hard is it to get the hang of?
Fly in and out of Auckland arr. Mar 19 Leave April 6
Areas we will want to go;
Glow Worm Caves Waitomo
Bay of Islands
Need a beach area for sure which would you recommend for kids swim beach (commodel peninsula, bay of islands??)
Can't decide what to try and see in South Island....got my work cut out for me!
Thanks so much!
Have 16 days to travel around New Zealand with young kidsl? Ideas?!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 2 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 3 NZ South Island February 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 5 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 6 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 7 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 8 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 9 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 10 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 11 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 12 New Zealand itinerary help
- 13 Hotel in Sydney
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Melbourne Drive
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne
- 17 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 18 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 19 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 20 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 21 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 22 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 23 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 24 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 25 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?