I'm trying to quickly map out an itinerary for my family as we have planned a last minute Spring Break vacation to New Zealand! My kids are 8 and 5, so any kid friendly things to see/do and hotel ideas would be much appreciated! Can anyone tell me if some of the Hostels would be family friendly or is a different type of accomodation better? Some looked more like motels to me and seem to be popular so need to ask....Also, since the earthquake is it best to not go to the Christchurch area and do other areas? Also if anyone on here could recommend a good Farmstay we thought that sounded neat! Thinking of skipping the Glaciers as I'm thinking this wouldn't be that exciting for young kids and thinking I would need to have pretty warm clothes to be there.....
I'm thinking of renting a car the entire time, but realized it might be challenging with the whole driving on the left side....anyone experience this and how hard is it to get the hang of?
Fly in and out of Auckland arr. Mar 19 Leave April 6
Areas we will want to go;
Glow Worm Caves Waitomo
Bay of Islands
Need a beach area for sure which would you recommend for kids swim beach (commodel peninsula, bay of islands??)
Can't decide what to try and see in South Island....got my work cut out for me!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Trip to Cairns
- 2 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 3 Beers in Oz
- 4 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 5 NZ visa denials
- 6 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 7 Brisbane to Sydney
- 8 5 days in South Island
- 9 Vini SIM card?
- 10 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 11 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 12 New Zealand Itinerary
- 13 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 14 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 15 Help on Itinerary
- 16 Sydney Trip
- 17 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 18 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 19 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 20 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 21 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 22 Extra 2 nights = help
- 23 February Australia Visit
- 24 Best wildlife near sydney
- 25 Where to go in Australia
Have 16 days to travel around New Zealand with young kidsl? Ideas?!