I'm trying to quickly map out an itinerary for my family as we have planned a last minute Spring Break vacation to New Zealand! My kids are 8 and 5, so any kid friendly things to see/do and hotel ideas would be much appreciated! Can anyone tell me if some of the Hostels would be family friendly or is a different type of accomodation better? Some looked more like motels to me and seem to be popular so need to ask....Also, since the earthquake is it best to not go to the Christchurch area and do other areas? Also if anyone on here could recommend a good Farmstay we thought that sounded neat! Thinking of skipping the Glaciers as I'm thinking this wouldn't be that exciting for young kids and thinking I would need to have pretty warm clothes to be there.....
I'm thinking of renting a car the entire time, but realized it might be challenging with the whole driving on the left side....anyone experience this and how hard is it to get the hang of?
Fly in and out of Auckland arr. Mar 19 Leave April 6
Areas we will want to go;
Glow Worm Caves Waitomo
Bay of Islands
Need a beach area for sure which would you recommend for kids swim beach (commodel peninsula, bay of islands??)
Can't decide what to try and see in South Island....got my work cut out for me!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 2 Few days in NZ, what to do
- 3 Awesome NewZealand Trip in Winter 2016
- 4 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 5 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 6 a month in Australia help please
- 7 AUSTRALIA
- 8 Winter tragedy on the Routeburn Track (NZ)
- 9 Help me choose among these Sydney hotels, please
- 10 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 11 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 12 Planning an Australia trip, not sure where to begin
- 13 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 14 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 15 6 Days South Island Help
- 16 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 17 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 18 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 19 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 20 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 21 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 22 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 23 New Zealand Itinerary
- 24 Dining
- 25 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne
Have 16 days to travel around New Zealand with young kidsl? Ideas?!