I'm trying to quickly map out an itinerary for my family as we have planned a last minute Spring Break vacation to New Zealand! My kids are 8 and 5, so any kid friendly things to see/do and hotel ideas would be much appreciated! Can anyone tell me if some of the Hostels would be family friendly or is a different type of accomodation better? Some looked more like motels to me and seem to be popular so need to ask....Also, since the earthquake is it best to not go to the Christchurch area and do other areas? Also if anyone on here could recommend a good Farmstay we thought that sounded neat! Thinking of skipping the Glaciers as I'm thinking this wouldn't be that exciting for young kids and thinking I would need to have pretty warm clothes to be there.....
I'm thinking of renting a car the entire time, but realized it might be challenging with the whole driving on the left side....anyone experience this and how hard is it to get the hang of?
Fly in and out of Auckland arr. Mar 19 Leave April 6
Areas we will want to go;
Glow Worm Caves Waitomo
Bay of Islands
Need a beach area for sure which would you recommend for kids swim beach (commodel peninsula, bay of islands??)
Can't decide what to try and see in South Island....got my work cut out for me!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in New Zealand! Looking for some final thoughts on itinerary
- 2 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 3 New Zealand - A 7 week road trip
- 4 using a credit card in AU and NZ
- 5 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 6 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 7 Sydney places to stay
- 8 2 days post cruise in Sydney
- 9 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 10 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 11 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 12 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 13 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 14 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 15 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 16 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 17 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 18 North island New Zealand-help
- 19 Rarotonga
- 20 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 21 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 22 South Island trip in Oct.
- 23 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 24 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 25 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
Have 16 days to travel around New Zealand with young kidsl? Ideas?!