My husband and I are going to drive the Great Ocean Road in Feb or Mar next year from Melbourne to Adelaide and I'd like some people's thoughts on where to stay for overnight. I'm thinking 2 over night stays along the way.
We don't want to rush it and time is flexible (around 7 nights).
We'll be flying in from Perth so probably spend a night in Melbourne and then hit the road the following morning. Our plan is to fly out of Adelaide (after spending a night or two in the Barossa as I'm dying to head back there).
We love scenery, wine and food and I would love to see a koala or two.
Any recommendations of thoughts would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 2 Help with NZ Travel
- 3 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 4 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 5 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 6 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 7 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 8 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 9 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 10 Kaikoura roads update
- 11 Free Camping
- 12 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 13 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 14 Clever, mischievous keas
- 15 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 16 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 17 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 18 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 19 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 20 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 21 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 22 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 23 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 24 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 25 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas