My husband and I are going to drive the Great Ocean Road in Feb or Mar next year from Melbourne to Adelaide and I'd like some people's thoughts on where to stay for overnight. I'm thinking 2 over night stays along the way.
We don't want to rush it and time is flexible (around 7 nights).
We'll be flying in from Perth so probably spend a night in Melbourne and then hit the road the following morning. Our plan is to fly out of Adelaide (after spending a night or two in the Barossa as I'm dying to head back there).
We love scenery, wine and food and I would love to see a koala or two.
Any recommendations of thoughts would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 2 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 3 Real estate question
- 4 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 5 Food to Try Out
- 6 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 7 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 8 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 9 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 10 Wainui Falls
- 11 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 12 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 13 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 14 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 15 Day trips from Wellington
- 16 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 17 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 18 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 19 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI
- 20 3 days on North Island, NZ
- 21 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 22 Kayak or cruise Milford Sound?
- 23 New Zealand with teenagers
- 24 Western Australia + Where?
- 25 Family Budget Vacation