My husband and I are going to drive the Great Ocean Road in Feb or Mar next year from Melbourne to Adelaide and I'd like some people's thoughts on where to stay for overnight. I'm thinking 2 over night stays along the way.
We don't want to rush it and time is flexible (around 7 nights).
We'll be flying in from Perth so probably spend a night in Melbourne and then hit the road the following morning. Our plan is to fly out of Adelaide (after spending a night or two in the Barossa as I'm dying to head back there).
We love scenery, wine and food and I would love to see a koala or two.
Any recommendations of thoughts would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Buy registered passports, driver licenses, IELTS and TOEFL, ESOL
- 2 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 3 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 4 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 5 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 6 Australia for two weeks.
- 7 Palau Travel Report
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 10 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 11 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 12 Visa
- 13 Guam Travel Report
- 14 New Zealand Car Hire
- 15 Tasmania itinerary
- 16 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 17 Research on Australian Tourism
- 18 Australia and NZ visit!
- 19 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 20 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 21 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast
- 22 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 23 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 24 Recommended guidebooks
- 25 Need Some suggestions on South Island