I have done lots of reading online trying to decide on a trip to a reef or island with my husband. I keep getting confused! I want to try snorkeling for the first time, but my husband is content to do other activities which don't require getting wet! I saw a video of Green Island and it looked beautiful. I like the idea of being on an island and getting in the water from there, rather than from a pontoon. We will be staying 4 nights in Cairns. I have read some rather negative reports about Green Island, but have also read about trips that go there and on to a reef. Does anyone have any recent information about Green Island? Thanks for any help!
Great Barrier Reef trip
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Travel options from Townsville
- 2 Rate where you've been!
- 3 Cell Phones
- 4 Advice? Packing for both cold Tasmania & warm Queensland in September?
- 5 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 6 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 7 Where would you stay between Launceston and Hobart Airport?
- 8 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 9 Sydney or Melbourne
- 10 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 11 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 12 NZ South Island Self Drive 7 day itinerary
- 13 NZ South Island February 2014 Trip Report
- 14 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 15 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 16 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 17 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 18 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 19 New Zealand itinerary help
- 20 Hotel in Sydney
- 21 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 22 Melbourne Drive
- 23 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 24 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 25 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis