My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for late August/early September next year and we are very interested in both Fiji and Queensland as options. Our main focus is going to be snorkeling, but since we are going for two weeks, we would like to have other options for activities as well. My main question is the difference in snorkeling quality between the Great Barrier Reef and Fiji. We are thinking about going to the Mamanucas and/or Yasawa Islands in Fiji.
I have been to Lizard Island in the GBR and thought it was just spectacular. I really appreciate the variety and healthiness of the coral there. We would love to go there, but the prices are pretty high and I don't think we'll make it there. Any advice on snorkeling Lizard vs other places on the GBR. Also has anyone been to both the GBR and Fiji and have advice on how the snorkeling compares between the two?
We really appreciate any advice and help, we are trying to make this the perfect trip!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 2 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 3 August Honeymoon Help?
- 4 How to split up Australia?
- 5 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 6 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 7 Brisbane to Sydney
- 8 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 9 East Coast Australia
- 10 Six Weeks Down Under
- 11 North and South Island of NZ
- 12 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 13 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 14 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 15 Marlborough Sounds
- 16 Blue mountain in July
- 17 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 18 Tonga January Weather
- 19 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 20 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 21 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 22 Alesund - Geiranger
- 23 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 24 australia for first time
- 25 Auckland restaurants and brewpubs?
Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?