My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for late August/early September next year and we are very interested in both Fiji and Queensland as options. Our main focus is going to be snorkeling, but since we are going for two weeks, we would like to have other options for activities as well. My main question is the difference in snorkeling quality between the Great Barrier Reef and Fiji. We are thinking about going to the Mamanucas and/or Yasawa Islands in Fiji.
I have been to Lizard Island in the GBR and thought it was just spectacular. I really appreciate the variety and healthiness of the coral there. We would love to go there, but the prices are pretty high and I don't think we'll make it there. Any advice on snorkeling Lizard vs other places on the GBR. Also has anyone been to both the GBR and Fiji and have advice on how the snorkeling compares between the two?
We really appreciate any advice and help, we are trying to make this the perfect trip!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Documentary on Lebanon
- 2 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 3 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 4 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 5 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 6 Australia for two weeks.
- 7 Palau Travel Report
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 10 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 11 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 12 Visa
- 13 Guam Travel Report
- 14 New Zealand Car Hire
- 15 Tasmania itinerary
- 16 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 17 Research on Australian Tourism
- 18 Australia and NZ visit!
- 19 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 20 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 21 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast
- 22 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 23 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 24 Recommended guidebooks
- 25 Need Some suggestions on South Island
Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?