My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for late August/early September next year and we are very interested in both Fiji and Queensland as options. Our main focus is going to be snorkeling, but since we are going for two weeks, we would like to have other options for activities as well. My main question is the difference in snorkeling quality between the Great Barrier Reef and Fiji. We are thinking about going to the Mamanucas and/or Yasawa Islands in Fiji.
I have been to Lizard Island in the GBR and thought it was just spectacular. I really appreciate the variety and healthiness of the coral there. We would love to go there, but the prices are pretty high and I don't think we'll make it there. Any advice on snorkeling Lizard vs other places on the GBR. Also has anyone been to both the GBR and Fiji and have advice on how the snorkeling compares between the two?
We really appreciate any advice and help, we are trying to make this the perfect trip!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://healthexpertsupplement.com/imperium-garcinia/
- 2 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 3 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 4 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 5 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 6 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 7 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 8 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 9 14 day South NZ Trip
- 10 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 11 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 12 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 13 One-day hike in Milford area
- 14 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 15 Best national park around Sydney
- 16 1 night stay around GOR
- 17 7 days in New Zealand
- 18 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 19 NZ repeat visitors
- 20 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 21 South Island Suggestions
- 22 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 23 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 24 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 25 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?