We are starting the planning of a first time trip to Australia and are looking to stretch our travel dollars by staying in a double room/shared bathroom in hostels or caravan parks (cabins) that are close to public transport. Am looking for the nicer places that will take us 60 year old geezers for under $100 a night. We need hostels in/around Sydney, Melbourne, Great Ocean Road and Port Douglas areas. Any suggestions?
Good hostels not just for the young?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 2 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 3 Sydney and Auckland
- 4 10 days itinerary
- 5 Fremantle my love..
- 6 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 7 Internet access
- 8 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 9 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 10 Packing List
- 11 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 12 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 13 Books?
- 14 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 15 Choosing a Visa
- 16 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 17 One spare day in Darwin
- 18 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 19 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 20 Travel Visa
- 21 Canberra
- 22 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 23 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney
- 24 Family Trip to New Zealand: Would love itinerary thoughts!
- 25 Bicycle Traving - What not to do