I am just starting to put together another long weekend for my girlfriends and myself. Last year we were seven all up and headed for Melbourne, where we had an amazing time.
This time I'm thinking Sydney and the Blue Mountains, but not sure. I'm planning 4 days/3 nights. Was thinking of transferring directly from airport to Katoomba for maybe 2 nights. Then back to Sydney where I was thinking some walks might be nice. Now I do remember that a number of you have offered some ideas for walks before - not too long and I think sort of inner cityish?
I was originally thinking of staying at Caves House at Jenolan but not sure any more - we do like a nice feed but the restaurant there doesn't seem to have an inspiring menu. Though we do like staying at older type establishments. So now I'm thinking of staying in Katoomba/Leura and just doing a day trip to the Caves. A visit to the three sisters, a little bit of bush walking. Then back to Sydney hopefully to fit in a quick trip to Bondi - is there a train to take us out there? And just a walking type tour. No shopping!
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 the required amount of imperative supplements
- 2 The whisky trail.
- 3 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 4 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 5 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 6 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 7 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 8 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 9 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 10 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 11 help with intinerary please!
- 12 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 13 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 14 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 15 Quaint
- 16 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 17 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 18 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 19 Western Australia + Where?
- 20 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 21 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 22 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 23 A few days in Darwin
- 24 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 25 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island