My husband and I are planning a 2 week trip from HK to the east coast of Australia in Feb. We plan to spend 5 days in Melbourne + Sydney and about 10 days along Gold Coast up north. I am keen to visit Gold Coast, Fraser Island, Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef. We are not the best divers, so dont intend to spend too much time diving. Can you pls help with the below questions
1) Should we visit the GBR from Cairns or from the Whitsundays? Given we have only 10 days, do we have the time to do the GBR from Cairns rather than from Whitsundays? How different is the GBR from both places?
2) How many days do we need in Fraser Island and Whitsundays considering both cases - doing GBR from Cairns vs doing from Whitsundays?
3) What is the best way to explore the Fraser Island? Do we need to book a tour? How many days?
4) Should we book the tours (Fraser Island as well as Whitsundays)in advance or can we get last minute deals at the beach?
Thank you all !
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 2 16 days in Australia
- 3 Indian Burrp
- 4 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 5 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 6 Motels in Cairns
- 7 Gluten free Australia
- 8 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 9 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 10 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 11 Uluru
- 12 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 13 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 14 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 15 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 16 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 17 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 18 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 19 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 20 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 21 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 22 25day planning for Australia
- 23 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 24 Help New Zealand
- 25 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney