My husband and I are planning a 2 week trip from HK to the east coast of Australia in Feb. We plan to spend 5 days in Melbourne + Sydney and about 10 days along Gold Coast up north. I am keen to visit Gold Coast, Fraser Island, Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef. We are not the best divers, so dont intend to spend too much time diving. Can you pls help with the below questions
1) Should we visit the GBR from Cairns or from the Whitsundays? Given we have only 10 days, do we have the time to do the GBR from Cairns rather than from Whitsundays? How different is the GBR from both places?
2) How many days do we need in Fraser Island and Whitsundays considering both cases - doing GBR from Cairns vs doing from Whitsundays?
3) What is the best way to explore the Fraser Island? Do we need to book a tour? How many days?
4) Should we book the tours (Fraser Island as well as Whitsundays)in advance or can we get last minute deals at the beach?
Thank you all !
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Amazing New Zealand - Trip Report
- 2 NZ S Island itinerary help please!
- 3 Stopover Toronto- Perth
- 4 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 5 Question on Driving from Sydney to Blue Mts
- 6 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 7 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 8 New Zeaaland
- 9 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 10 Bay of Islands vs Marlborough Sound
- 11 Tasmania Itinerary
- 12 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 13 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 14 January-March When to visit NZ
- 15 Hikes in New Zealand
- 16 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 17 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 18 Nervous American driving in AU
- 19 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 20 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 21 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 22 New Zealand on our own?
- 23 2nd year visa extentiom
- 24 Sydney places to stay
- 25 Sydney in March