My husband and I are planning a 2 week trip from HK to the east coast of Australia in Feb. We plan to spend 5 days in Melbourne + Sydney and about 10 days along Gold Coast up north. I am keen to visit Gold Coast, Fraser Island, Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef. We are not the best divers, so dont intend to spend too much time diving. Can you pls help with the below questions
1) Should we visit the GBR from Cairns or from the Whitsundays? Given we have only 10 days, do we have the time to do the GBR from Cairns rather than from Whitsundays? How different is the GBR from both places?
2) How many days do we need in Fraser Island and Whitsundays considering both cases - doing GBR from Cairns vs doing from Whitsundays?
3) What is the best way to explore the Fraser Island? Do we need to book a tour? How many days?
4) Should we book the tours (Fraser Island as well as Whitsundays)in advance or can we get last minute deals at the beach?
Thank you all !
GBR from Cairns vs Whitsundays
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Packages
- 2 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 3 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 4 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 5 Should we change our plans ???
- 6 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 7 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 8 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 9 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 10 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 11 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 12 Paging Cathies
- 13 Kangaroo island
- 14 Itinerary 20 days
- 15 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 16 One day in Fiji
- 17 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 18 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 19 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 20 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 21 Rent or buy campervan
- 22 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 23 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 24 South Island NZ: First 2 weeks of November
- 25 Cell phone providers