My fiance and I have an upcoming trip to Cairns/Port Douglas planned with the intention of doing some dives around that area. I realize the reef is undergoing some problems in the north with the coral bleaching issue. How bad is the situation and should we attempt to revise our travel to try to go further south to avoid some disappointing dives? I'm not sure how easy it will be to revise our travel, but if it isn't going to give us the GBR experience we're hoping for, I think we'll go for it and change our plans.
Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Assist : Norton Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 Norton 24*7
- 2 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 3 5 days trip in South Island
- 4 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 5 14 day South NZ Trip
- 6 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 7 North Island Itinerary Help
- 8 Visa for Australia
- 9 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 10 Hotel Sydney
- 11 Transportation advice needed
- 12 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 13 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 14 Three days in Cairns
- 15 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 16 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 17 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 18 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 19 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 20 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 21 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 22 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 23 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
- 24 Favorite activities in Moorea, Bora Bora?
- 25 Trip report: Ultimate 3-week Australia itinerary