My fiance and I have an upcoming trip to Cairns/Port Douglas planned with the intention of doing some dives around that area. I realize the reef is undergoing some problems in the north with the coral bleaching issue. How bad is the situation and should we attempt to revise our travel to try to go further south to avoid some disappointing dives? I'm not sure how easy it will be to revise our travel, but if it isn't going to give us the GBR experience we're hoping for, I think we'll go for it and change our plans.
Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia for two weeks.
- 2 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 3 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 4 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 5 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 6 Food to Try Out
- 7 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 8 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 9 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 10 Recommended guidebooks
- 11 South Island Road Trip
- 12 Surprises in Australia
- 13 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast