My fiance and I have an upcoming trip to Cairns/Port Douglas planned with the intention of doing some dives around that area. I realize the reef is undergoing some problems in the north with the coral bleaching issue. How bad is the situation and should we attempt to revise our travel to try to go further south to avoid some disappointing dives? I'm not sure how easy it will be to revise our travel, but if it isn't going to give us the GBR experience we're hoping for, I think we'll go for it and change our plans.
Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 the required amount of imperative supplements
- 2 The whisky trail.
- 3 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 4 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 5 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 6 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 7 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 8 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 9 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 10 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 11 help with intinerary please!
- 12 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 13 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 14 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 15 Quaint
- 16 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 17 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 18 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 19 Western Australia + Where?
- 20 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 21 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 22 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 23 A few days in Darwin
- 24 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 25 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island