My fiance and I have an upcoming trip to Cairns/Port Douglas planned with the intention of doing some dives around that area. I realize the reef is undergoing some problems in the north with the coral bleaching issue. How bad is the situation and should we attempt to revise our travel to try to go further south to avoid some disappointing dives? I'm not sure how easy it will be to revise our travel, but if it isn't going to give us the GBR experience we're hoping for, I think we'll go for it and change our plans.
Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 3 weeks in NZ
- 2 Cairns airfare getting too high
- 3 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 4 Hamilton Island
- 5 Six Weeks Down Under
- 6 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 7 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 8 In and around Sydney
- 9 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 10 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 11 Cruising AUS & NZ 2018
- 12 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 13 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 14 Flood Emergency Services
- 15 7 days in New Zealand
- 16 16 Days on the South Island
- 17 Need help in Auckland
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 19 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 20 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 21 Uber in Sydney
- 22 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 23 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 24 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 25 Darwin Accomodations