My fiance and I have an upcoming trip to Cairns/Port Douglas planned with the intention of doing some dives around that area. I realize the reef is undergoing some problems in the north with the coral bleaching issue. How bad is the situation and should we attempt to revise our travel to try to go further south to avoid some disappointing dives? I'm not sure how easy it will be to revise our travel, but if it isn't going to give us the GBR experience we're hoping for, I think we'll go for it and change our plans.
Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 2 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 3 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 4 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 5 Help with NZ Travel
- 6 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 7 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 8 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 9 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 10 Kaikoura roads update
- 11 Free Camping
- 12 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 13 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 14 Clever, mischievous keas
- 15 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 16 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 17 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 18 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 19 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 20 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 21 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 22 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 23 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 24 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 25 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas