We are looking to spend 2 nights at one of the glaciers in February. I'm interested in a glacier hike or walk (but not heli-hike) for one day or half a day. We'd also like to do some other hiking in the area. Which town is best to base ourselves at for scenery and proximity to the glacier and other hikes? Thanks for any insight on trying to decide!
Fox or Franz Josef Glacier
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 2 Itinerary Help
- 3 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 4 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 5 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 6 Packing List
- 7 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 8 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 9 Sydney and Auckland
- 10 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 11 Internet access
- 12 Night Out Byron Bay
- 13 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 14 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 15 10 days itinerary
- 16 Fremantle my love..
- 17 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 18 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 19 Books?
- 20 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 21 Choosing a Visa
- 22 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 23 One spare day in Darwin
- 24 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 25 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas