We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Should we change our plans ???
- 2 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 3 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 4 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 5 Paging Cathies
- 6 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 7 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 8 Kangaroo island
- 9 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 10 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 11 Itinerary 20 days
- 12 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 13 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 14 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 15 One day in Fiji
- 16 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 17 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 18 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 19 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 20 Rent or buy campervan
- 21 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 22 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 23 South Island NZ: First 2 weeks of November
- 24 Cell phone providers
- 25 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help