We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 We eat food of our choice we drink stuffs for refreshment
- 2 Tongariro NP hikes - advise please!
- 3 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/pure-natural-forskolin
- 4 Six Days in New Zealand South Island
- 5 Help with Australia Itinerary
- 6 Maternity Wear Online
- 7 Broad Intin for Australia
- 8 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 9 Fraser Island or Coffs harbour
- 10 Australia help
- 11 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 12 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 13 Which company is better? if we would like to buy a SIM card
- 14 Milford Track vs Jomalhari trek in Bhutan
- 15 Ferry between islands
- 16 A Short Stay in Adelaide City
- 17 28 days to campervan around australia
- 18 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 19 hotel options in Melbourne
- 20 Where can I rent a pocket wifi in NZ?
- 21 South Island Final Itinerary (mostly)
- 22 Port Douglas - Car Hire or not?
- 23 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 24 3 days itinerary for Melbourne- Suggestions required
- 25 Sydney - City Sights Travel Report
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid