We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Taormina to Palermo
- 2 The Great Australian Adventure
- 3 Very beginning of very rough itinerary
- 4 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 5 First time in NZ and only have a week
- 6 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 7 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 8 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 9 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 10 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 11 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 12 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 13 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 14 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 15 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 16 5 week itinerary help
- 17 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 18 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 19 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 20 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 21 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 22 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 23 This special community - Fodorville
- 24 New Zealand -help with itinerary
- 25 Traveling to Hawaii