We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand: Milford or Routeburn Track? 8 more days
- 2 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 3 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 4 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 5 Is there a "best time" to visit Abel Tasman and the northern South Island?
- 6 Options for Oceania Cruise - land excursion options
- 7 South and North New Zealand in three weeks
- 8 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 9 Ghan, Indian Pacific trains -- reserve ASAP
- 10 Best Car rental company to use--Australia & New Zealand
- 11 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 12 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 13 Cairns Activities & Excursions for 4 Days
- 14 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 15 Accommodation Brisbane
- 16 Accommodation Brisbane
- 17 Happy Australia Day!
- 18 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 19 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 20 Tim Tam
- 21 Tipping
- 22 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 23 Transit Time at SYD
- 24 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 25 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland