We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 2 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne