We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid
- 1 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 2 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 3 Transportation from Sydney Airport to Four Seasons
- 4 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 5 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 6 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 7 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 8 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 9 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 10 Paihia or coromandel
- 11 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 12 Emirates and Jetstar
- 13 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 14 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 15 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 16 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 17 14 days in NZ in February
- 18 16 days all over New Zealand
- 19 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 20 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 21 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 22 Heading to Australia!
- 23 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 24 South Island Itinerary
- 25 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013