We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Question on Driving from Sydney to Blue Mts
- 2 NZ S Island itinerary help please!
- 3 Tasmania Itinerary
- 4 Stopover Toronto- Perth
- 5 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 6 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 7 January-March When to visit NZ
- 8 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 9 Hikes in New Zealand
- 10 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 11 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 12 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 13 Nervous American driving in AU
- 14 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 15 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 16 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 17 New Zeaaland
- 18 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 19 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 20 New Zealand on our own?
- 21 2nd year visa extentiom
- 22 Sydney places to stay
- 23 Sydney in March
- 24 Help, 24 hours in Tassie to fill!!
- 25 Australia/New Zealand in 2 weeks
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid