We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dec trip - Itinerary planning help and recommendations
- 2 Australia Itinerary Help In July/August
- 3 New Zealand/Fiji/Tahiti/Australia oh my
- 4 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 5 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 6 Final leg of trip: SI to NI
- 7 Australia Trip Report: Hayman Island/SCUBA/GBR (part 5)
- 8 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 9 Need help on 2 week itinerary - North Island, winter, with kids (5, 7, 10)
- 10 Help a North American understand winter in New Zealand
- 11 Dining Solo in Australia's capital cities?
- 12 Sydney - inner west & eastern suburbs - local gems
- 13 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Sydney & New Zealand (South Island)
- 14 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 15 Pre cruise Sydney hotel recommendations
- 16 Wineglass Bay Cruise V Peppermint Bay Cruise
- 17 A week in Brisbane/Sunshine coast, sightseeing suggestions needed.
- 18 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 19 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 20 Worth giving up a day in Wanaka?
- 21 5 days in Tasmania--help needed
- 22 Car hire in NZ
- 23 Help needed--GBR, Daintree, Mossman, Atherton
- 24 Hobbiton Movie Set Tour Question
- 25 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid