We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 2 Six Weeks Down Under
- 3 Mel's NZ Photos
- 4 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 5 Picton Drive Through
- 6 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 7 August Honeymoon Help?
- 8 How to split up Australia?
- 9 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 10 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 11 Brisbane to Sydney
- 12 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 13 East Coast Australia
- 14 North and South Island of NZ
- 15 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 16 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 17 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 18 Marlborough Sounds
- 19 Blue mountain in July
- 20 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 21 Tonga January Weather
- 22 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 23 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 24 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 25 Alesund - Geiranger
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid