We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand with teenagers
- 2 New Zealand Itinerary Revised...Advice Please!
- 3 Australia Itinerary
- 4 Another itinerary question
- 5 Suggestions for 3 weeks
- 6 The whisky trail.
- 7 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 8 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 9 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 10 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 11 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 12 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 13 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 14 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 15 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 16 help with intinerary please!
- 17 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 18 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 19 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 20 Quaint
- 21 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 22 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 23 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 24 Western Australia + Where?
- 25 Port Douglas/Cairns
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid