We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid
- 1 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 2 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 3 16 days all over New Zealand
- 4 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 5 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 6 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 7 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 8 Heading to Australia!
- 9 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 10 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 11 South Island Itinerary
- 12 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 13 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 14 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 15 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 16 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 17 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 18 victoria in march
- 19 3 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 20 Victoria with kids
- 21 Puffing billy day trip from Melbourne
- 22 Egyptian Clay Bowl
- 23 Australia for 4 weeks
- 24 Fiji Luxury Resorts
- 25 Cruise New Zealand