We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney-Things to Do
- 2 drive or fly?
- 3 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 4 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 5 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 6 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 7 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 8 Nelson, New Zealand
- 9 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 10 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 11 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 12 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 13 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 14 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 15 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 16 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 18 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 19 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 20 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 21 Boat charter Raitea
- 22 Cairns, Darwin-Kakadu, Sydney in October
- 23 Cairns Australia
- 24 New Zealand Weather - Help!
- 25 Getting to Picton
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid