We'll be going on holiday to Australia with our three year old a the end of October/early November, and I'm looking for some restaurant recs, specifically in Adelaide and Sydney.
As per usual, lots of the recommendations available online for "kid-friendly" restaurants seem to be along the boring "kids eat burgers and pizza" line.
We're a family that appreciates good food, and my little one is an experienced international traveler, pretty well-behaved in restaurants, and loves ethnic food (even with some spice), as do his parents.
I'm not delusional enough to believe that he's ready for a five-star, white table cloth experience (definitely not!), but I was hoping for some recommendations for a range of hole-in-the-wall to sit down places that are can't miss food experiences where we won't be treated like pariahs because we're accompanied by a short human.
I'll be scanning through the Chowhound, as well, but thought it couldn't hurt to as here, as well/ Doesn't have to be restricted to ethnic food, we're open to anything, just wanted to make it clear that he can handle any kind of cuisine. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Apex car rental in Australia
- 2 Is it Worth a Detour to Ballarat before GOR Drive
- 3 8 Full Days South Island: Itinerary Advise
- 4 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 5 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 6 New Zealand North Island Logistics
- 7 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 8 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 9 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 10 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 11 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 12 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 13 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 14 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 15 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 16 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 17 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 18 Tasmania
- 19 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 20 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 21 Accommodations Brisbane
- 22 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 23 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 24 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 25 Repositioning cruise
Food/dining recs in Sydney & Adelaide with travel & food savvy kid