My girlfriend and I will be in Sydney in late June and will have three weeks to explore. With adventurous spirits and an eye on the budget, we want to see as many things as possible! Camping sounds great and we will plan on scuba diving on the GBR somewhere in our journey. We are both avid bikers as well. Any information or links to things the locals dig or are not your typical tourist sites but give good Australian highlights of the culture and of the natural wilds would be fantastic! Thanks for your help. It’s a big country, I know, so information on transportation would be most welcome!
Flying in to Sydney in June and out in July...
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand: Milford or Routeburn Track? 8 more days
- 2 Airport Customs in Auckland
- 3 Advice needed for South Pacific ports
- 4 "The Serengeti of Tasmania" - Photos from Narawntapu NP and elsewhere in Australia
- 5 Southern Australia Itinerary Advice July 3rd-July 19th
- 6 Second try for Australia Itinerary in October
- 7 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 8 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 9 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 10 16 days all over New Zealand
- 11 My Experience Traveling in New Zealand
- 12 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 13 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 14 Tahiti Honeymoon in November?
- 15 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 16 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 17 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 18 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 19 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 20 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 21 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 22 Question about the "Build Up"
- 23 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 24 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 25 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.