We are planning our first vacation to Australia for this coming December/January (2012) and are feeling a bit overwhelmed with the options.
We are from Canada so can either fly from Toronto - Vancouver-Australia or from Toronto - LA-Australia. Since we have never been to California we were thinking of flying Toronto-LA on Air Canada, then Booking a flight 2 days later from LA-Brisbane from V.Australia.
While on this vacation we want to see Sydney, Melbourne and New Zealand (and Brisbane of course), but we dont know the best order. Ideally, we could get a 1 or 2 day stopover in Sydney before flying to Brisbane but I am not sure if its possible.
Here are my questions:
1) What is the best airline to book with in terms of price, service and comfort
2) Can anyone recommend a good travel agent that specializes in Australian vacations
3) What are the must-do's and the nice to do's in Australia/new Zealand
4) Can anyone recommend an itinerary.
5) If we select Vaustralia, is it worth it to pay double (or more) for a premium economy ticket or is economy ok?
We are looking to travel total 20-25 days (including flying time) and are doing so on a tight budget (I guess Fiji is out of the question )
All the help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Jumping Koala with baby
- 2 Christmas and Business Loans Offer 2%
- 3 http://supplementstest.org/falcon-tactical-flashlight/
- 4 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 5 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 6 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 7 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 8 Clever, mischievous keas
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 10 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 11 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 12 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 13 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 14 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 15 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 16 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 17 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 18 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 19 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 20 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 21 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 22 Translation of documents
- 23 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 24 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne