We are planning our first vacation to Australia for this coming December/January (2012) and are feeling a bit overwhelmed with the options.
We are from Canada so can either fly from Toronto - Vancouver-Australia or from Toronto - LA-Australia. Since we have never been to California we were thinking of flying Toronto-LA on Air Canada, then Booking a flight 2 days later from LA-Brisbane from V.Australia.
While on this vacation we want to see Sydney, Melbourne and New Zealand (and Brisbane of course), but we dont know the best order. Ideally, we could get a 1 or 2 day stopover in Sydney before flying to Brisbane but I am not sure if its possible.
Here are my questions:
1) What is the best airline to book with in terms of price, service and comfort
2) Can anyone recommend a good travel agent that specializes in Australian vacations
3) What are the must-do's and the nice to do's in Australia/new Zealand
4) Can anyone recommend an itinerary.
5) If we select Vaustralia, is it worth it to pay double (or more) for a premium economy ticket or is economy ok?
We are looking to travel total 20-25 days (including flying time) and are doing so on a tight budget (I guess Fiji is out of the question )
All the help is much appreciated.
Flights to Australia/New Zealand
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 2 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 3 Byron Bay or ...
- 4 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 5 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 6 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 7 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 8 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 9 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 10 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 11 Paging Cathies
- 12 NZ vs Aust
- 13 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 14 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 15 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 16 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 17 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 18 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 19 August week end in Auckland
- 20 28 days to campervan around australia
- 21 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 22 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 23 Sydney Weather in September
- 24 South Island Suggestions ...
- 25 Favorite things to do in Melbourne