We are planning our first vacation to Australia for this coming December/January (2012) and are feeling a bit overwhelmed with the options.
We are from Canada so can either fly from Toronto - Vancouver-Australia or from Toronto - LA-Australia. Since we have never been to California we were thinking of flying Toronto-LA on Air Canada, then Booking a flight 2 days later from LA-Brisbane from V.Australia.
While on this vacation we want to see Sydney, Melbourne and New Zealand (and Brisbane of course), but we dont know the best order. Ideally, we could get a 1 or 2 day stopover in Sydney before flying to Brisbane but I am not sure if its possible.
Here are my questions:
1) What is the best airline to book with in terms of price, service and comfort
2) Can anyone recommend a good travel agent that specializes in Australian vacations
3) What are the must-do's and the nice to do's in Australia/new Zealand
4) Can anyone recommend an itinerary.
5) If we select Vaustralia, is it worth it to pay double (or more) for a premium economy ticket or is economy ok?
We are looking to travel total 20-25 days (including flying time) and are doing so on a tight budget (I guess Fiji is out of the question )
All the help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 2 Uluru
- 3 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 4 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 5 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 6 16 days in Australia
- 7 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 8 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 9 Gluten free Australia
- 10 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 11 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 12 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 13 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 14 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 15 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 16 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 17 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 18 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 19 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 20 25day planning for Australia
- 21 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 22 Help New Zealand
- 23 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 24 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 25 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment