My wife and I are at the preliminary planning stages of a trip to New Zealand. Depending on time we may visit Australia also, but New Zealand is the priority. We will be traveling from New York and are thinking of a stop over for a night in each direction in Los Angeles just to break up the flying a little.
Our initial thoughts were to go either in October or April. So the first question is, assuming we visit during a shoulder season, what time period would likely provide the best weather?
The second question may be more difficult. How much time would we need to have a reasonably relaxed vacation to see the highlights, do some hiking, etc.? I realize we could spend months and more time is always preferred, but is two weeks reasonable? If we wanted to add Australia, would we need an additional couple of weeks or would 3 weeks total be OK? And if we had only 3 weeks, would we be better off spending it all in New Zealand rather than trying to squeeze a little time in in Australia also? Because we will be traveling such a long distance, It would be a shame not to see both areas, but depending on the amount of time I have available, I would rather have a nice vacation than try to see everything and wind up feeling rushed and needing a vacation from my vacation .
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://skincaresfreetrial.com/allusiv-eye/
- 2 Noorani magic ring for love, financial, marriage +27786966898
- 3 The Bride Before The Wedding Preparations Checklist
- 4 Martina Liana Wedding Dress Style 684
- 5 Kaikoura roads update
- 6 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 7 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 8 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 9 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 10 Clever, mischievous keas
- 11 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 13 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 14 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 15 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 16 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 17 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 18 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 19 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 20 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 21 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 22 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 23 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 24 Translation of documents
- 25 SH1 to Kaikoura update