My wife and I are at the preliminary planning stages of a trip to New Zealand. Depending on time we may visit Australia also, but New Zealand is the priority. We will be traveling from New York and are thinking of a stop over for a night in each direction in Los Angeles just to break up the flying a little.
Our initial thoughts were to go either in October or April. So the first question is, assuming we visit during a shoulder season, what time period would likely provide the best weather?
The second question may be more difficult. How much time would we need to have a reasonably relaxed vacation to see the highlights, do some hiking, etc.? I realize we could spend months and more time is always preferred, but is two weeks reasonable? If we wanted to add Australia, would we need an additional couple of weeks or would 3 weeks total be OK? And if we had only 3 weeks, would we be better off spending it all in New Zealand rather than trying to squeeze a little time in in Australia also? Because we will be traveling such a long distance, It would be a shame not to see both areas, but depending on the amount of time I have available, I would rather have a nice vacation than try to see everything and wind up feeling rushed and needing a vacation from my vacation .
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Island - 8 days
- 2 5 days in South Island
- 3 ‡ › ‰ ≠ BUS97(.)COM ‡ › ‰ ≠바카라게임사이트‡ › ‰ ≠ 카지노배팅사이트
- 4 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 5 New Zealand Itinerary
- 6 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 7 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 8 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 9 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 10 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 11 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 12 west and north Tasmania
- 13 Trip to Cairns
- 14 Beers in Oz
- 15 NZ visa denials
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney
- 17 Vini SIM card?
- 18 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 19 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 20 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 21 Help on Itinerary
- 22 Sydney Trip
- 23 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 24 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 25 Sydney. Where to stay.