I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 2 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 3 Should we change our plans ???
- 4 Sydney MyMulti Pass
- 5 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 6 Hobart
- 7 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 8 One day in Fiji
- 9 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 10 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 11 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 12 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 13 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 14 Packages
- 15 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 16 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 17 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 18 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 19 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 20 Paging Cathies
- 21 Kangaroo island
- 22 Itinerary 20 days
- 23 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 24 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 25 Recommendations for kids travel book?