I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 2 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 Tour Suggestions for Sydney
- 5 Sydney and New Zealand honeymoon
- 6 East Coast Australia
- 7 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 8 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 9 NZ's Rees-Dart Track reopens
- 10 Surfing in Indonesia.
- 11 Vini SIM card?
- 12 Best way to exchange US dollars for Australian and NZ dollars
- 13 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 14 Picton Drive Through
- 15 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 16 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 17 North and South Island of NZ
- 18 The southern lights
- 19 Mel's NZ Photos
- 20 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 21 August Honeymoon Help?
- 22 How to split up Australia?
- 23 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 24 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 25 Brisbane to Sydney
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland