I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Byron Bay or ...
- 2 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 3 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 4 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 5 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 6 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 7 Paging Cathies
- 8 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 9 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 10 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 11 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 12 August week end in Auckland
- 13 NZ vs Aust
- 14 28 days to campervan around australia
- 15 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 16 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 17 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 18 Sydney Weather in September
- 19 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 20 South Island Suggestions ...
- 21 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 22 A Long Weekend Escape to Pemberton, WA
- 23 Bora Bora---Snorkeling AT the resort??
- 24 Sydney-Airport to Hotel Transfer Companies
- 25 Christchurch, NZ rebuilding