I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Uluru
- 2 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 3 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 4 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 5 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 6 16 days in Australia
- 7 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 8 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 9 Gluten free Australia
- 10 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 11 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 12 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 13 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 14 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 15 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 16 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 17 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 18 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 19 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 20 25day planning for Australia
- 21 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 22 Help New Zealand
- 23 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 24 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 25 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland