I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Vale - Peterallan, a fine Australian Fodorite
- 2 Aussie fodorites - can u help?
- 3 Girls long weekend to Sydney/Katoomba
- 4 Rental Cars Locations Auckalnd
- 5 Driving quesitons for New Zealand in the Winter
- 6 Knowing the right shipping cargo container.
- 7 Travel to New Zealand
- 8 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 9 Tour operators
- 10 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 11 4 weeks itinerary
- 12 time needed - disembarking ferry and to WLG airport
- 13 Winterfest - Medieval Festival - Parramatta
- 14 Need advice for South Island New Zealand trip
- 15 Sydney-Queensland-New Zealand
- 16 travel agency for PNG
- 17 Blue Mountains
- 18 New Zealand North Island Trip recommendations
- 19 Port Arthur v Alcatraz
- 20 Please critique our South Island, NZ itinerary
- 21 camper van tour.. 5 months itinery needed
- 22 A week in Brisbane/Sunshine coast, sightseeing suggestions needed.
- 23 Melbourne hotels
- 24 Car rental for Kangaroo Island
- 25 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland