I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 2 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 3 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 4 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 5 North island New Zealand-help
- 6 Rarotonga
- 7 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 8 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 9 South Island trip in Oct.
- 10 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 11 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 12 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 13 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 14 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
- 15 Cairns or Melbourne? Trip Feedback
- 16 Overnight Great Ocean Road
- 17 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 18 A week in Fiji
- 19 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 20 15 days Australia road trip off Sydney
- 21 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 22 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 23 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 24 New Zealand Christchurch area 3 days
- 25 Day trip to see baby seals!!!
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland