I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hey, Bokhara2 and cathies, need restaurant recommendations
- 2 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 3 Jet Star?
- 4 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 5 Fireworks Festival - A "MUST DO"
- 6 Aussie Trip Report: No cities, no worries
- 7 Song doc - one for you
- 8 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 9 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 10 Air New Zealand & Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 11 Katoomba vs. Leura vs ... ????
- 12 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 13 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 14 Itinerary Planning
- 15 Yarra Valley Wineries
- 16 8 Day South Island Itinerary in Oct
- 17 NZ Itinerary from Christchurch to Queenstown in 8 days
- 18 Suggestions/ Tips request for 15 Days trip to South Island New Zealand
- 19 NZ South Island Plan
- 20 Tahiti, Cooks Islands or Fiji 20th Anniversary trip
- 21 Campervan help please!
- 22 Campervan/Motorhomes vs Car hire in New Zealand
- 23 suggested 6 day itinerary for South island New Zealand in December
- 24 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 25 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities