I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Island - 8 days in February
- 2 Great food/local favorites
- 3 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 4 Australian Aborigines
- 5 Great food/local favorites
- 6 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 7 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 8 Sydney
- 9 Incredible hotel
- 10 Good places to stay for 2015 AFC Asian Cup
- 11 Sydney - Melbourne 2 night / 3 day Road Trip
- 12 australia new zealand trip advice
- 13 New Zealand trip -itinerary help please
- 14 Milford Sound Cruise
- 15 14 day South Island Self drive
- 16 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 17 Cruise New Zealand
- 18 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 19 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 20 New Zealand Accommodations
- 21 16 days all over New Zealand
- 22 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 23 Optimum time to visit both New Zealand and Australia
- 24 Land Portion of our Cruise Tour of Australia and New Zealand
- 25 Songdoc's 5th Trip to Gorgeous New Zealand: A Trip Report