I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 still distorted. I
- 2 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 3 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 4 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 5 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 6 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 7 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February
- 8 12-14 Days - Sydney and Auckland - January 2015
- 9 Tahiti? First time Impressions? Good French Polynesia Deals?
- 10 Paging Cathies
- 11 Transit time between international connections at Brisbane Airport?
- 12 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 13 Cape Trib-self-drive or tour
- 14 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 15 Weather ?
- 16 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 17 Need Help with a 16 night itinerary in Australia with Kids
- 18 Itinerary Planning
- 19 Sydney - City to Surf. 10 August 2014
- 20 South IslandItinerary Help
- 21 Australia Trip Report with Pictures May 2013
- 22 Lazy, don't want to research on line..
- 23 Sydney for 3 days
- 24 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 25 Help -- tight flight connection in Auckland