I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Opal card?
- 2 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 3 Milford Track - Alternate options when the huts are not available?
- 4 New Zealand Trip 13D/13N - Need help to finalize itinerary
- 5 Great Ocean Road
- 6 Wallaby vs All Blacks in Sydney in August
- 7 Australia & New Zealand tour companies
- 8 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 9 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 10 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 11 Planning a trip in Australia
- 12 North Island New Zealand itinerary help Oct 2015
- 13 Good Base for a stay in Australia
- 14 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 15 New Zealand South Island trip - Itinerary guidance
- 16 2/3 day stay on the GBR from Brisbane
- 17 Campervans/Motorhome questions
- 18 Tasmania Itinerary for a fly fisherman
- 19 2 weeks trip in Australia
- 20 How is this itinerary?
- 21 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 22 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 23 Wallis and Futuna decision
- 24 practical advice needed - GPS, phone, hotels
- 25 My 2 weeks trip in Perth with 2 kiddos
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland