I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland
- 1 Transportation from Sydney Airport to Four Seasons
- 2 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 3 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 4 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 5 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 6 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 7 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 8 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 9 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 10 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 11 Paihia or coromandel
- 12 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 13 Emirates and Jetstar
- 14 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 15 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 16 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 17 14 days in NZ in February
- 18 16 days all over New Zealand
- 19 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 20 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 21 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 22 Heading to Australia!
- 23 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 24 South Island Itinerary
- 25 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013