I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 2 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 3 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 4 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 5 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 6 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 7 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 8 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 9 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 10 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 11 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 12 New Zealand Itinerary
- 13 Dining
- 14 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne
- 15 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 16 Car Hire Insurance Excess in Melbourne
- 17 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 18 Kia Ora Sauvage and/or Tikehau Pearl Beach Resort
- 19 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 20 quick 5 day trip to New Zealand, North Island. Sugestions for our trip?
- 21 Cairns to brisbane
- 22 9 Days Queenstown/Moun Cook - help with itinerary
- 23 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 24 A major dilemma
- 25 North Island-Rotorua
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland