I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 2 Sydney
- 3 Craig and Jeane Visit Sydney and the Blue Mountains - September 2014
- 4 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 5 Globus
- 6 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 7 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 8 Best phone to use in US and Canada
- 9 Queenstown to Christchurch - Car Hire (P plates)
- 10 A Quick trip to NSW's Central West - an old brown dog, a grapefruit & a
- 11 Blue Mountains Australia
- 12 NEW ZEALAND
- 13 Byron Bay Surf Festival
- 14 New Zealand Marlborough wine country tour
- 15 Canberra Weekend - Art, Table 11 at the Pork Barrel Cafe & 'roo at the Ruby
- 16 Penguins in Bicheno or Phillip Island?
- 17 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 18 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 19 Sydney-which pass to buy?
- 20 Initial Planning for NZ trip
- 21 Honeymooning in Australia and NZ
- 22 Itinerary Planning
- 23 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 24 Air New Zealand & Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 25 Marlborough Sounds???