I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 9 Hour layover in Sydney, what to do?
- 2 Queenstown/Otango for 72 hours
- 3 February visit to scuba in Great Barrier Reef?
- 4 16 Days NZ Trip
- 5 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 6 Queensland Tips
- 7 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 8 Wineries with accomodations
- 9 Drivers license
- 10 Road trip to Canberra and Sydney
- 11 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 12 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 13 South Island New Zealand 28 days in a motor home
- 14 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 15 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 16 Tahiti vs Moorea vs Bora Bora
- 17 Cell Phone/Data Service for NZ
- 18 Itinerary: Both Islands in 27 days
- 19 New Zealand, South Island, 2 weeks, intinerary help?
- 20 New Zealand South Island itinerary advice
- 21 5 Day Circle trip along GOR from Melbourne
- 22 Trip to Australia
- 23 Advice on New Zealand Adventure
- 24 Floriade
- 25 Flying in to Sydney in June and out in July...
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland