I just found out about this forum when researching for my first trip outside the Americas. Me and my husband are from Brazil, and have never traveled so far away from home, but we dream to go to Australia and New Zeland... and we will be going in January 2014, a dream come true!
But I would like to ask for help regarding planning the trip. My husband wishes to go in a Contiki group... but I am just not so sure! I do not like to party late or anything like that - I would like to make this trip something like a second honeymoon.
But we don't know anything or anyone in Australia, and we would not be able to drive... so maybe a group tour could be a good idea.
So... does anyone recommend a group tour or something similar for us?
We would like to visit: Sydney, the great barrier reef, melbourne, and somewhere in New Zeland that is shown in the Lord of the Rings movie =)
Can anyone help us with any recommendations regarding cities to visit and any group tour to guide us?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 2 Where to go for vacation in Australia?
- 3 Self Drive or Tour the Red Centre
- 4 Weather in Fiji
- 5 SI Itinerary Advice - Feb 2016
- 6 Sydney CBC Serviced Apartment
- 7 Final Itinerary and A Few Questions
- 8 Need suggestions for limo hire parramatta
- 9 new zealand road maps?
- 10 Recommend car rental agency in Christchurch
- 11 2 full days in Cairns
- 12 Advice on Itinerary for New Zealand-12 full days
- 13 Need your help to participate: Travel & Tourism academic survey
- 14 Melbourne eateries
- 15 Au Pair
- 16 Transport changes in Prague
- 17 Manly Jazz Festival - 2015
- 18 Itinerary Help! Queenstown Five Day Return Trip
- 19 Complete Novice
- 20 Kangaroo Island
- 21 Which cruise in Strahan?
- 22 New Zealand by cruise vs. land
- 23 Where to visit
- 24 Which escorted tour of Australia, NZ, Tasmania?
- 25 Tahiti or Raiatea?
First trip outside the Americas - Australia and New Zeland