Well it's official... I'll be traveling down under for vacation for the first time ever and have decided to come to Melbourne. My vacation time is somewhat limited and I didn't want to try and do too much on vacation and end up feeling like I didn't really enjoy it. So I decided on Melbourne for my first ever Australia trip because it looks like it has so much to offer. A little background on myself: I'm not the "adventurous" type, by that I mean things like diving, snorkeling and such don't really appeal to me. I am more of a sightseeing, food person who also enjoys a good bar every now and then. So my questions would be:
What would you recommend seeing?
Good recommendations on restaurants, bars? I love breakfast so if you know of some great places, by all means let me know.
I haven't booked yet but will be very soon and plan on traveling in April. How is the weather? What hotels would you recommend?
Also, is there a "dress code" for Melbourne? I mean don't get me wrong, I want to look nice but do you need to wear a suit and tie for dinner all the time? Well a nice shirt and nice blue jeans suffice most of the time down there? I guess I just don't want to look or feel out of place there
I realize I will probably get some many different answers and recommendations but that's what I want and I will appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 2 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 3 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 4 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 5 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 6 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 7 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 8 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 9 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 10 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 11 New Zealand Itinerary
- 12 Dining
- 13 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne
- 14 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 15 Car Hire Insurance Excess in Melbourne
- 16 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 17 Kia Ora Sauvage and/or Tikehau Pearl Beach Resort
- 18 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 19 quick 5 day trip to New Zealand, North Island. Sugestions for our trip?
- 20 Cairns to brisbane
- 21 9 Days Queenstown/Moun Cook - help with itinerary
- 22 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 23 A major dilemma
- 24 North Island-Rotorua
- 25 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
First time to Melbourne, appreciate tips, help, and advice