Well it's official... I'll be traveling down under for vacation for the first time ever and have decided to come to Melbourne. My vacation time is somewhat limited and I didn't want to try and do too much on vacation and end up feeling like I didn't really enjoy it. So I decided on Melbourne for my first ever Australia trip because it looks like it has so much to offer. A little background on myself: I'm not the "adventurous" type, by that I mean things like diving, snorkeling and such don't really appeal to me. I am more of a sightseeing, food person who also enjoys a good bar every now and then. So my questions would be:
What would you recommend seeing?
Good recommendations on restaurants, bars? I love breakfast so if you know of some great places, by all means let me know.
I haven't booked yet but will be very soon and plan on traveling in April. How is the weather? What hotels would you recommend?
Also, is there a "dress code" for Melbourne? I mean don't get me wrong, I want to look nice but do you need to wear a suit and tie for dinner all the time? Well a nice shirt and nice blue jeans suffice most of the time down there? I guess I just don't want to look or feel out of place there
I realize I will probably get some many different answers and recommendations but that's what I want and I will appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 2 Stopover Toronto- Perth
- 3 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 4 January-March When to visit NZ
- 5 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 6 Hikes in New Zealand
- 7 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 8 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 9 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 10 Nervous American driving in AU
- 11 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 12 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 13 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 14 New Zeaaland
- 15 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 16 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 17 New Zealand on our own?
- 18 2nd year visa extentiom
- 19 Sydney places to stay
- 20 Sydney in March
- 21 Help, 24 hours in Tassie to fill!!
- 22 Australia/New Zealand in 2 weeks
- 23 Help with itinerary! 2 wks in Aus
- 24 Box Jellies on the GBR
- 25 2 wks in Aus - need help with itinerary
First time to Melbourne, appreciate tips, help, and advice