Well it's official... I'll be traveling down under for vacation for the first time ever and have decided to come to Melbourne. My vacation time is somewhat limited and I didn't want to try and do too much on vacation and end up feeling like I didn't really enjoy it. So I decided on Melbourne for my first ever Australia trip because it looks like it has so much to offer. A little background on myself: I'm not the "adventurous" type, by that I mean things like diving, snorkeling and such don't really appeal to me. I am more of a sightseeing, food person who also enjoys a good bar every now and then. So my questions would be:
What would you recommend seeing?
Good recommendations on restaurants, bars? I love breakfast so if you know of some great places, by all means let me know.
I haven't booked yet but will be very soon and plan on traveling in April. How is the weather? What hotels would you recommend?
Also, is there a "dress code" for Melbourne? I mean don't get me wrong, I want to look nice but do you need to wear a suit and tie for dinner all the time? Well a nice shirt and nice blue jeans suffice most of the time down there? I guess I just don't want to look or feel out of place there
I realize I will probably get some many different answers and recommendations but that's what I want and I will appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://supplement4help.com/x-alpha-boost/
- 2 Six Weeks Down Under
- 3 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 4 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 5 August Honeymoon Help?
- 6 How to split up Australia?
- 7 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 8 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 9 Brisbane to Sydney
- 10 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 11 East Coast Australia
- 12 North and South Island of NZ
- 13 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 14 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 15 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 16 Marlborough Sounds
- 17 Blue mountain in July
- 18 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 19 Tonga January Weather
- 20 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 21 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 22 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 23 Alesund - Geiranger
- 24 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 25 australia for first time
First time to Melbourne, appreciate tips, help, and advice