Well it's official... I'll be traveling down under for vacation for the first time ever and have decided to come to Melbourne. My vacation time is somewhat limited and I didn't want to try and do too much on vacation and end up feeling like I didn't really enjoy it. So I decided on Melbourne for my first ever Australia trip because it looks like it has so much to offer. A little background on myself: I'm not the "adventurous" type, by that I mean things like diving, snorkeling and such don't really appeal to me. I am more of a sightseeing, food person who also enjoys a good bar every now and then. So my questions would be:
What would you recommend seeing?
Good recommendations on restaurants, bars? I love breakfast so if you know of some great places, by all means let me know.
I haven't booked yet but will be very soon and plan on traveling in April. How is the weather? What hotels would you recommend?
Also, is there a "dress code" for Melbourne? I mean don't get me wrong, I want to look nice but do you need to wear a suit and tie for dinner all the time? Well a nice shirt and nice blue jeans suffice most of the time down there? I guess I just don't want to look or feel out of place there
I realize I will probably get some many different answers and recommendations but that's what I want and I will appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 8 Full Days South Island: Itinerary Advise
- 2 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 3 New Zealand North Island Logistics
- 4 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 5 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 6 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 7 Apex car rental in Australia
- 8 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 9 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 10 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 11 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 12 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 13 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 14 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 15 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 16 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 17 Tasmania
- 18 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 19 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 20 Accommodations Brisbane
- 21 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 22 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 23 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 24 Repositioning cruise
- 25 18 days nz.
First time to Melbourne, appreciate tips, help, and advice