Well it's official... I'll be traveling down under for vacation for the first time ever and have decided to come to Melbourne. My vacation time is somewhat limited and I didn't want to try and do too much on vacation and end up feeling like I didn't really enjoy it. So I decided on Melbourne for my first ever Australia trip because it looks like it has so much to offer. A little background on myself: I'm not the "adventurous" type, by that I mean things like diving, snorkeling and such don't really appeal to me. I am more of a sightseeing, food person who also enjoys a good bar every now and then. So my questions would be:
What would you recommend seeing?
Good recommendations on restaurants, bars? I love breakfast so if you know of some great places, by all means let me know.
I haven't booked yet but will be very soon and plan on traveling in April. How is the weather? What hotels would you recommend?
Also, is there a "dress code" for Melbourne? I mean don't get me wrong, I want to look nice but do you need to wear a suit and tie for dinner all the time? Well a nice shirt and nice blue jeans suffice most of the time down there? I guess I just don't want to look or feel out of place there
I realize I will probably get some many different answers and recommendations but that's what I want and I will appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 2 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 3 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 4 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 5 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 6 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 7 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 8 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 9 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 10 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 11 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 12 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 13 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 14 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 15 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 16 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 17 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 18 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice
- 19 Sorting out time in Sydney
- 20 Please help finalize our Tasmania itinerary
- 21 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 1
- 22 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 23 10 day sailing French Polynesia on a budget
- 24 Seven weeks in Campervan
- 25 Tasmania feedback please
First time to Melbourne, appreciate tips, help, and advice