Well it's official... I'll be traveling down under for vacation for the first time ever and have decided to come to Melbourne. My vacation time is somewhat limited and I didn't want to try and do too much on vacation and end up feeling like I didn't really enjoy it. So I decided on Melbourne for my first ever Australia trip because it looks like it has so much to offer. A little background on myself: I'm not the "adventurous" type, by that I mean things like diving, snorkeling and such don't really appeal to me. I am more of a sightseeing, food person who also enjoys a good bar every now and then. So my questions would be:
What would you recommend seeing?
Good recommendations on restaurants, bars? I love breakfast so if you know of some great places, by all means let me know.
I haven't booked yet but will be very soon and plan on traveling in April. How is the weather? What hotels would you recommend?
Also, is there a "dress code" for Melbourne? I mean don't get me wrong, I want to look nice but do you need to wear a suit and tie for dinner all the time? Well a nice shirt and nice blue jeans suffice most of the time down there? I guess I just don't want to look or feel out of place there
I realize I will probably get some many different answers and recommendations but that's what I want and I will appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hotel Sydney
- 2 14 day South NZ Trip
- 3 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 4 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 5 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 6 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 7 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 8 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 9 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 10 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 11 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 12 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 13 One-day hike in Milford area
- 14 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 15 Best national park around Sydney
- 16 1 night stay around GOR
- 17 7 days in New Zealand
- 18 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 19 NZ repeat visitors
- 20 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 21 South Island Suggestions
- 22 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 23 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 24 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 25 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
First time to Melbourne, appreciate tips, help, and advice