Im planning to visit New Zealand/Australia soon from Edmonton Alberta Canada and was wondering if I could get some pointers. I'm more of a fly by the seat of my pants (not making plans from one moment to the next, going with the flow type) kinda traveller, would this be possible at this time of year in this area? Mostly in the sense of actually getting accommodations without advance booking. I'm also looking for some pointers on how to fly to both countries as Id like to start in New Zealand and finish in Australia yet can only seem to find flights that start and end in New Zealand. Or any general pointers or links would be greatly appreciated. Ive done a fair amount of research so far but it feels kinda overwhelming almost to the point where I'm getting scared to go! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 2 Free Camping
- 3 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 4 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 5 Clever, mischievous keas
- 6 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 7 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 8 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 9 Kaikoura roads update
- 10 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 11 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 14 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 15 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 16 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 17 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 18 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 19 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 20 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 21 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 22 Translation of documents
- 23 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 24 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne
First time caller, first time traveller looking for advice