Realized I should be asking all of you wonderful Aussies what not to miss when we rent a car and go away this weekend for 3 days. We are headed out through the Yarra Valley, have lunch booked at the Giant Steps/Innocent Bystander winery and a room for one night in Mansfield at the Highton Manor (the motel part) but are open to any and all suggestions especially if anyone gets back to us quick enough for an interesting route to drive and a place for a good Charaz........... thought we could get to Beechworth, Mt Buffallo but don't know how to judge distances here. We not particularly interested in gold rush towns.....no kids, just me and my husband. Thanks for any thoughts..........we will have access to internet on the road so feel free to write over the weekend.
First Foray out of Melbourne this weekend..........thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 2 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 3 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 4 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 5 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 6 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 7 New Zealand itinerary help
- 8 Hotel in Sydney
- 9 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 10 Melbourne Drive
- 11 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 12 Sydney or Melbourne
- 13 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 14 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 15 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 16 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 17 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 18 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 19 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 20 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 21 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 22 New York Times guide to Perth
- 23 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 24 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 25 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions