Realized I should be asking all of you wonderful Aussies what not to miss when we rent a car and go away this weekend for 3 days. We are headed out through the Yarra Valley, have lunch booked at the Giant Steps/Innocent Bystander winery and a room for one night in Mansfield at the Highton Manor (the motel part) but are open to any and all suggestions especially if anyone gets back to us quick enough for an interesting route to drive and a place for a good Charaz........... thought we could get to Beechworth, Mt Buffallo but don't know how to judge distances here. We not particularly interested in gold rush towns.....no kids, just me and my husband. Thanks for any thoughts..........we will have access to internet on the road so feel free to write over the weekend.
First Foray out of Melbourne this weekend..........thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Packing List
- 2 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 3 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 4 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 5 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 6 Sydney and Auckland
- 7 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 8 Internet access
- 9 Night Out Byron Bay
- 10 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 11 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 12 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 13 10 days itinerary
- 14 Fremantle my love..
- 15 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 16 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 17 Books?
- 18 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 19 Choosing a Visa
- 20 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 21 One spare day in Darwin
- 22 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 23 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 24 Travel Visa
- 25 Canberra