Spending 5 weeks touring Australia this July/first wk Aug. Thought we'd break this trip by having 7 nights in Fiji (Westin, Denarau) but travel agent who has visited Fiji and all of east coast Aus thinks we would be wasting our time (4hr flight) and money as the Whitsunday Islands and tropical northern Queensland are far better value, warm enough and would save travelling time. Can anyone help -we are not into sailing and have our 2 adult children (18 and 21) with us. Our itinerary is Singapore, Sydney, Ayers Rock, Palm Cove/Port Douglas then work way down coast inc few nights in Surfer's paradise and Brisbane. Any advice welcome - he gave me impression we'd need to fly to the outlying islands of Fiji to get the gorgeous beaches and that would mean more travelling and much higher cost.
Fiji versus Whitsundays
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Canberra
- 2 Need suggestions for things to do in Australia
- 3 Europcar car rental scam - follow-up and solution
- 4 Is the ferry crossing between islands in NZ rough?
- 5 1st Visit to Australia: Itinerary Help
- 6 Tasmania in may with 11 month baby for about 12 days
- 7 Sydney - GTG with Raincitygirl - April
- 8 HELP New Zealand highlights in 10 days
- 9 Perth Hotels
- 10 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 11 Extra time in Melbourne
- 12 Anyone ever stayed at the Lighthouse Cottages on Kangaroo Island?
- 13 Is this overkill for Fiordland / The Sounds?
- 14 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 15 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 16 Sydney taxi driver-USD or credit card
- 17 Where to stop for lunch on way to Blue Mountains
- 18 Kangaroo island
- 19 Kangaroo Island - need sanity check and inputs
- 20 REX AIRLINES-from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
- 21 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 22 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 23 Whitsundays Rainforest survival tour
- 24 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 25 Sculptures by the Sea 2015, Cottesloe Beach