Spending 5 weeks touring Australia this July/first wk Aug. Thought we'd break this trip by having 7 nights in Fiji (Westin, Denarau) but travel agent who has visited Fiji and all of east coast Aus thinks we would be wasting our time (4hr flight) and money as the Whitsunday Islands and tropical northern Queensland are far better value, warm enough and would save travelling time. Can anyone help -we are not into sailing and have our 2 adult children (18 and 21) with us. Our itinerary is Singapore, Sydney, Ayers Rock, Palm Cove/Port Douglas then work way down coast inc few nights in Surfer's paradise and Brisbane. Any advice welcome - he gave me impression we'd need to fly to the outlying islands of Fiji to get the gorgeous beaches and that would mean more travelling and much higher cost.
Fiji versus Whitsundays
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 2 New Zealand: Milford or Routeburn Track? 8 more days
- 3 Airport Customs in Auckland
- 4 Advice needed for South Pacific ports
- 5 "The Serengeti of Tasmania" - Photos from Narawntapu NP and elsewhere in Australia
- 6 Southern Australia Itinerary Advice July 3rd-July 19th
- 7 Second try for Australia Itinerary in October
- 8 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 9 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 10 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 11 16 days all over New Zealand
- 12 My Experience Traveling in New Zealand
- 13 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 14 Tahiti Honeymoon in November?
- 15 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 16 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 17 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 18 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 19 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 20 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 21 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 22 Question about the "Build Up"
- 23 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 24 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 25 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.