Spending 5 weeks touring Australia this July/first wk Aug. Thought we'd break this trip by having 7 nights in Fiji (Westin, Denarau) but travel agent who has visited Fiji and all of east coast Aus thinks we would be wasting our time (4hr flight) and money as the Whitsunday Islands and tropical northern Queensland are far better value, warm enough and would save travelling time. Can anyone help -we are not into sailing and have our 2 adult children (18 and 21) with us. Our itinerary is Singapore, Sydney, Ayers Rock, Palm Cove/Port Douglas then work way down coast inc few nights in Surfer's paradise and Brisbane. Any advice welcome - he gave me impression we'd need to fly to the outlying islands of Fiji to get the gorgeous beaches and that would mean more travelling and much higher cost.
Fiji versus Whitsundays
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 2 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 3 Byron Bay or ...
- 4 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 5 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 6 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 7 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 8 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 9 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 10 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 11 Paging Cathies
- 12 NZ vs Aust
- 13 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 14 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 15 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 16 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 17 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 18 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 19 August week end in Auckland
- 20 28 days to campervan around australia
- 21 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 22 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 23 Sydney Weather in September
- 24 South Island Suggestions ...
- 25 Favorite things to do in Melbourne