Spending 5 weeks touring Australia this July/first wk Aug. Thought we'd break this trip by having 7 nights in Fiji (Westin, Denarau) but travel agent who has visited Fiji and all of east coast Aus thinks we would be wasting our time (4hr flight) and money as the Whitsunday Islands and tropical northern Queensland are far better value, warm enough and would save travelling time. Can anyone help -we are not into sailing and have our 2 adult children (18 and 21) with us. Our itinerary is Singapore, Sydney, Ayers Rock, Palm Cove/Port Douglas then work way down coast inc few nights in Surfer's paradise and Brisbane. Any advice welcome - he gave me impression we'd need to fly to the outlying islands of Fiji to get the gorgeous beaches and that would mean more travelling and much higher cost.
Fiji versus Whitsundays
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 2 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 3 Internet access
- 4 Night Out Byron Bay
- 5 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 6 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 7 Sydney and Auckland
- 8 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 9 10 days itinerary
- 10 Fremantle my love..
- 11 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 12 Packing List
- 13 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 14 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 15 Books?
- 16 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 17 Choosing a Visa
- 18 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 19 One spare day in Darwin
- 20 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 21 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 22 Travel Visa
- 23 Canberra
- 24 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 25 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney