Spending 5 weeks touring Australia this July/first wk Aug. Thought we'd break this trip by having 7 nights in Fiji (Westin, Denarau) but travel agent who has visited Fiji and all of east coast Aus thinks we would be wasting our time (4hr flight) and money as the Whitsunday Islands and tropical northern Queensland are far better value, warm enough and would save travelling time. Can anyone help -we are not into sailing and have our 2 adult children (18 and 21) with us. Our itinerary is Singapore, Sydney, Ayers Rock, Palm Cove/Port Douglas then work way down coast inc few nights in Surfer's paradise and Brisbane. Any advice welcome - he gave me impression we'd need to fly to the outlying islands of Fiji to get the gorgeous beaches and that would mean more travelling and much higher cost.
Fiji versus Whitsundays
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne