Spending 5 weeks touring Australia this July/first wk Aug. Thought we'd break this trip by having 7 nights in Fiji (Westin, Denarau) but travel agent who has visited Fiji and all of east coast Aus thinks we would be wasting our time (4hr flight) and money as the Whitsunday Islands and tropical northern Queensland are far better value, warm enough and would save travelling time. Can anyone help -we are not into sailing and have our 2 adult children (18 and 21) with us. Our itinerary is Singapore, Sydney, Ayers Rock, Palm Cove/Port Douglas then work way down coast inc few nights in Surfer's paradise and Brisbane. Any advice welcome - he gave me impression we'd need to fly to the outlying islands of Fiji to get the gorgeous beaches and that would mean more travelling and much higher cost.
Fiji versus Whitsundays
- 1 Amazing vacation in Sydney!!
- 2 Hidden Gems in Melbourne
- 3 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 4 Hotels in Australia
- 5 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 6 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 7 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 8 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 9 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 10 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 11 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 12 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 13 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 14 Micronesia- when to visit
- 15 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 16 Melbourne Airport / Rental Car Question
- 17 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 18 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 19 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
- 20 1st trip to New Zealand
- 21 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
- 22 Hotel suggestions near Brisbane airport?
- 23 South Island of New Zealand end of May?
- 24 Foodies, help! Melbourne Chinese Restaurant recommendations
- 25 Experience with GrabOne