My family will be traveling to NZ from Seattle next January/February. The kids will be 9 and 11 years old. We will have about 2.5-3 weeks to see some highlights - I know that isn't enough time to cover everything, but hope to catch some of the North and South Islands highlights. I would love any suggestions about my proposed itinerary:
Fly into Auckland
-3 nights Auckland (see city sights, Devonport, Mission Bay, day trip to Waiheke Island)
Drive to Coromandel Peninsula
-2 nights in Whitianga (Hot Water Beach, kayak, Cathedral Cove, etc)
Drive to Waitomo
-1 night Waitomo (Glowworm cave, Spellbound cave)
Drvie to Rotorua
-3-4 nights Rotorua (see town, thermal parks, Cable Car, luge, possible day trip to Taupo)
Fly from Rotorua to Queenstown
Drive to Te Anau
-3 nights Te Anau (drive to Milford sound, boat tour, Doubtful Sound)
Drive back to Queenstown
-3-4 nights Queenstown (city sights, jetboating, daytrip to Wanaka, puzzling world)
Thoughts? Am I missing anything MAJOR? Should I have more time in any of those places? If you were to add in one more "beachy" place, what would that be?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementoffers.org/alpha-monster-advanced/
- 2 5 days in South Island
- 3 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 4 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 5 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 6 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 7 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 8 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 9 west and north Tasmania
- 10 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 11 Trip to Cairns
- 12 Beers in Oz
- 13 NZ visa denials
- 14 Brisbane to Sydney
- 15 Vini SIM card?
- 16 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 17 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary
- 19 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 20 Help on Itinerary
- 21 Sydney Trip
- 22 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 23 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 24 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 25 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
Family Trip to New Zealand: Would love itinerary thoughts!