We finally put some frequent flyer tickets on hold for end of March, first week of April. We are a family of 4 (2 teens) and are well-traveled. We just want to see the highlights and relax as well. We have a total of 10 days in Australia (I am not counting the 2 travel days from NY). I am leaning towards just splitting it 5/5 between Sydney and Cairns. I looked into Uluru.Ayers Rock and don't think I should take the 2-3 days to take the side trip. I would like to concentrate on doing some nice side trips. Do you think this is a good plan. I had started an earlier thread but it was for a Dec trip. We just moved it to April which I think will be perfect weather. One last Q-should we stay at sam ehotel in the both cities (Sydney and PD?) or move around.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 2 Sydney places to stay
- 3 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 4 2 days post cruise in Sydney
- 5 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 6 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 7 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 8 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 9 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 10 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 11 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 12 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 13 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 14 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 15 North island New Zealand-help
- 16 Rarotonga
- 17 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 18 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 19 South Island trip in Oct.
- 20 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 21 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 22 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
- 23 Cairns or Melbourne? Trip Feedback
- 24 Overnight Great Ocean Road
- 25 A week in Fiji