We finally put some frequent flyer tickets on hold for end of March, first week of April. We are a family of 4 (2 teens) and are well-traveled. We just want to see the highlights and relax as well. We have a total of 10 days in Australia (I am not counting the 2 travel days from NY). I am leaning towards just splitting it 5/5 between Sydney and Cairns. I looked into Uluru.Ayers Rock and don't think I should take the 2-3 days to take the side trip. I would like to concentrate on doing some nice side trips. Do you think this is a good plan. I had started an earlier thread but it was for a Dec trip. We just moved it to April which I think will be perfect weather. One last Q-should we stay at sam ehotel in the both cities (Sydney and PD?) or move around.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 2 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 3 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 4 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 5 Uluru
- 6 16 days in Australia
- 7 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 8 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 9 Gluten free Australia
- 10 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 11 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 12 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 13 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 14 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 15 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 17 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 18 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 19 25day planning for Australia
- 20 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 21 Help New Zealand
- 22 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 23 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 24 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
- 25 Private Tour Guides Australian Coast