We finally put some frequent flyer tickets on hold for end of March, first week of April. We are a family of 4 (2 teens) and are well-traveled. We just want to see the highlights and relax as well. We have a total of 10 days in Australia (I am not counting the 2 travel days from NY). I am leaning towards just splitting it 5/5 between Sydney and Cairns. I looked into Uluru.Ayers Rock and don't think I should take the 2-3 days to take the side trip. I would like to concentrate on doing some nice side trips. Do you think this is a good plan. I had started an earlier thread but it was for a Dec trip. We just moved it to April which I think will be perfect weather. One last Q-should we stay at sam ehotel in the both cities (Sydney and PD?) or move around.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 2 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 3 Australia for two weeks.
- 4 Palau Travel Report
- 5 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 6 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 7 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 8 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 9 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 10 Visa
- 11 Guam Travel Report
- 12 New Zealand Car Hire
- 13 Tasmania itinerary
- 14 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 15 Research on Australian Tourism
- 16 Australia and NZ visit!
- 17 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 18 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 19 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast
- 20 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 21 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 22 Recommended guidebooks
- 23 Need Some suggestions on South Island
- 24 Auckland to Wellington with Toddler
- 25 Aussie chiller hats