We finally put some frequent flyer tickets on hold for end of March, first week of April. We are a family of 4 (2 teens) and are well-traveled. We just want to see the highlights and relax as well. We have a total of 10 days in Australia (I am not counting the 2 travel days from NY). I am leaning towards just splitting it 5/5 between Sydney and Cairns. I looked into Uluru.Ayers Rock and don't think I should take the 2-3 days to take the side trip. I would like to concentrate on doing some nice side trips. Do you think this is a good plan. I had started an earlier thread but it was for a Dec trip. We just moved it to April which I think will be perfect weather. One last Q-should we stay at sam ehotel in the both cities (Sydney and PD?) or move around.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://x4up.org/embova-rx/
- 2 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 3 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 4 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 5 14 day South NZ Trip
- 6 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 7 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 8 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 9 One-day hike in Milford area
- 10 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 11 Best national park around Sydney
- 12 1 night stay around GOR
- 13 7 days in New Zealand
- 14 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 15 NZ repeat visitors
- 16 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 17 South Island Suggestions
- 18 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 19 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 20 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 21 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 22 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 23 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 24 New Zealand Car Rental
- 25 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI