I've really enjoyed reading through the forums as my partner and I plan our NZ itinerary for next October. I did a backpackers trip of NI/SI using InterCity bus transportation almost twenty years ago after university and can't believe it's taking me this long to get back to one of my favorite places on the planet!
1) There appear to be a number of discount car rental agencies that allow for one way rentals between Auckland and Christchurch. Does anyone have any recent experience with any of the following: Apex, Jucy, Ezirent? I generally use Avis or Europcar so wondering if there is any benefit of using the discount providers other than cost?
2) Any good recommendations on mid-range hotels in the major tourist locations? I've been looking at Millennium/Copthorne/Rydges along with using airbnb is some locales.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 the required amount of imperative supplements
- 2 The whisky trail.
- 3 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 4 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 5 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 6 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 7 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 8 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 9 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 10 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 11 help with intinerary please!
- 12 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 13 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 14 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 15 Quaint
- 16 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 17 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 18 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 19 Western Australia + Where?
- 20 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 21 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 22 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 23 A few days in Darwin
- 24 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 25 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
Experience with one way car rentals and mid-range hotels in New Zealand