I've really enjoyed reading through the forums as my partner and I plan our NZ itinerary for next October. I did a backpackers trip of NI/SI using InterCity bus transportation almost twenty years ago after university and can't believe it's taking me this long to get back to one of my favorite places on the planet!
1) There appear to be a number of discount car rental agencies that allow for one way rentals between Auckland and Christchurch. Does anyone have any recent experience with any of the following: Apex, Jucy, Ezirent? I generally use Avis or Europcar so wondering if there is any benefit of using the discount providers other than cost?
2) Any good recommendations on mid-range hotels in the major tourist locations? I've been looking at Millennium/Copthorne/Rydges along with using airbnb is some locales.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Free Camping
- 2 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 3 Kaikoura roads update
- 4 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 5 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 6 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 7 Clever, mischievous keas
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 10 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 11 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 12 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 13 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February
Experience with one way car rentals and mid-range hotels in New Zealand