I've really enjoyed reading through the forums as my partner and I plan our NZ itinerary for next October. I did a backpackers trip of NI/SI using InterCity bus transportation almost twenty years ago after university and can't believe it's taking me this long to get back to one of my favorite places on the planet!
1) There appear to be a number of discount car rental agencies that allow for one way rentals between Auckland and Christchurch. Does anyone have any recent experience with any of the following: Apex, Jucy, Ezirent? I generally use Avis or Europcar so wondering if there is any benefit of using the discount providers other than cost?
2) Any good recommendations on mid-range hotels in the major tourist locations? I've been looking at Millennium/Copthorne/Rydges along with using airbnb is some locales.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://supplementsguide.org/naked-king-natural/
- 2 Cairns airfare getting too high
- 3 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 4 Living in the City on a Budget
- 5 Hamilton Island
- 6 Six Weeks Down Under
- 7 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 8 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 9 In and around Sydney
- 10 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 11 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 12 Cruising AUS & NZ 2018
- 13 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 14 3 weeks in NZ
- 15 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 16 Flood Emergency Services
- 17 7 days in New Zealand
- 18 16 Days on the South Island
- 19 Need help in Auckland
- 20 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 21 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 22 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 23 Uber in Sydney
- 24 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 25 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
Experience with one way car rentals and mid-range hotels in New Zealand