To all lovely members out there!
This is my first post on here and I've gone through so many East coast Australia posts on fodors but I still find I'm struggling with a few thoughts- and I'd so very appreciate your expert advice! I'm just going round in circles here!
I am mid-twenties and travelling to East Coast Aus the first week of November with my partner. This is our first time! Eek!
I've done an itinerary and would very much value any input! (Any input whatsoever!)
In terms of interests, we enjoy going on walks, nature, culture, generally exploring cities, museums, beaches, nature reserves, wildlife, film/movies, eating (but not drinking!) ....
We don't plan to do any water sports.
Fly to Melbourne
DAYS 1-4: MELBOURNE
DAY 5: MELBOURNE PHILLIP ISLAND
DAY 6: FLY TO SYDNEY
DAYS 7-10: SYDNEY
DAY 11: BLUE MOUNTAINS
DAY 12: FLY TO GOLD COAST
DAYS 13-17: GOLD COAST
DAYS 18: DRIVE TO MT TAMBORINE (hike) + (stay the night)
DAY 19: MT TAMBORINE
DAY 20: DRIVE SPRINGBROOK, hike, return to MT TAMBORINE stay the night
DAY 21: DRIVE TO GOLD COAST AIRPORT, FLY to HERVEY BAY stay the night
DAY 22-23: FRASER ISLAND TOUR
DAY 23 eve: FLY HERVEY BAY to BRISBANE
DAY24: FLY HOME
So.... Here are my troubles
1) is the above time scale realistic for each area (obviously I realise this differs person to person- but I'm hoping I'm not being unrealistic in my time scales)
If you think I'm allocating not enough time to Melbourne and too much time to Gold Coast please let me know!
2) I intend to fly between each place ie Melbourne to Sydney- Sydney to Gold Coast etc
Is this the most efficient way of doing things ?
3) would you do a tour in the blue mountains? Or do it yourself?
4) where would you stay in Gold Coast? Lennox head and have to drive longer distances up to surfers paradise area ....or stay more central?
5) would you stay in MT TAMBORINE and do a day trip to SPRINGBROOK
Or stay SPRINGBROOK and do a day trip to MT
Or should we focus just 3 days in one area?
6) what is the journey like between the two? Safe?
7) would you do tours in both or do your own thing? I've heard people say that some parts of MT TAMBORINE are SO STEEP to drive! If we rent a car should we be driving around MT TAMBORINE or is it safer to be in a more suitable tour vehicle?
Phew....that's all I think!
Hope it all makes sense and apologies in advance if any of the questions are foolish!
I cannot thank you enough!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 ◟ ₴ ◟ 바카라게임 ◟ ₴ ◟ BUS97.COM ◟ ₴ ◟ 카지노게임방법
- 2 How to split up Australia?
- 3 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 4 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 5 Brisbane to Sydney
- 6 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 7 East Coast Australia
- 8 Six Weeks Down Under
- 9 North and South Island of NZ
- 10 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 11 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 12 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 13 Marlborough Sounds
- 14 Blue mountain in July
- 15 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 16 Tonga January Weather
- 17 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 18 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 19 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 20 Alesund - Geiranger
- 21 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 22 australia for first time
- 23 August Honeymoon Help?
- 24 Auckland restaurants and brewpubs?
- 25 Best way to exchange US dollars for Australian and NZ dollars
To all lovely members out there!