To all lovely members out there!
This is my first post on here and I've gone through so many East coast Australia posts on fodors but I still find I'm struggling with a few thoughts- and I'd so very appreciate your expert advice! I'm just going round in circles here!
I am mid-twenties and travelling to East Coast Aus the first week of November with my partner. This is our first time! Eek!
I've done an itinerary and would very much value any input! (Any input whatsoever!)
In terms of interests, we enjoy going on walks, nature, culture, generally exploring cities, museums, beaches, nature reserves, wildlife, film/movies, eating (but not drinking!) ....
We don't plan to do any water sports.
Fly to Melbourne
DAYS 1-4: MELBOURNE
DAY 5: MELBOURNE PHILLIP ISLAND
DAY 6: FLY TO SYDNEY
DAYS 7-10: SYDNEY
DAY 11: BLUE MOUNTAINS
DAY 12: FLY TO GOLD COAST
DAYS 13-17: GOLD COAST
DAYS 18: DRIVE TO MT TAMBORINE (hike) + (stay the night)
DAY 19: MT TAMBORINE
DAY 20: DRIVE SPRINGBROOK, hike, return to MT TAMBORINE stay the night
DAY 21: DRIVE TO GOLD COAST AIRPORT, FLY to HERVEY BAY stay the night
DAY 22-23: FRASER ISLAND TOUR
DAY 23 eve: FLY HERVEY BAY to BRISBANE
DAY24: FLY HOME
So.... Here are my troubles
1) is the above time scale realistic for each area (obviously I realise this differs person to person- but I'm hoping I'm not being unrealistic in my time scales)
If you think I'm allocating not enough time to Melbourne and too much time to Gold Coast please let me know!
2) I intend to fly between each place ie Melbourne to Sydney- Sydney to Gold Coast etc
Is this the most efficient way of doing things ?
3) would you do a tour in the blue mountains? Or do it yourself?
4) where would you stay in Gold Coast? Lennox head and have to drive longer distances up to surfers paradise area ....or stay more central?
5) would you stay in MT TAMBORINE and do a day trip to SPRINGBROOK
Or stay SPRINGBROOK and do a day trip to MT
Or should we focus just 3 days in one area?
6) what is the journey like between the two? Safe?
7) would you do tours in both or do your own thing? I've heard people say that some parts of MT TAMBORINE are SO STEEP to drive! If we rent a car should we be driving around MT TAMBORINE or is it safer to be in a more suitable tour vehicle?
Phew....that's all I think!
Hope it all makes sense and apologies in advance if any of the questions are foolish!
I cannot thank you enough!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Advice: Tec*h SUPP0RT AOL MAIL CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 5 North Island Itinerary Help
- 6 Visa for Australia
- 7 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 8 Hotel Sydney
- 9 Transportation advice needed
- 10 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 11 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 12 Three days in Cairns
- 13 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 14 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 15 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 16 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 17 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 18 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 19 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 20 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 21 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
- 22 Favorite activities in Moorea, Bora Bora?
- 23 Trip report: Ultimate 3-week Australia itinerary
- 24 Blue mountain or Pacific Ocean drive
- 25 E-visa scams
To all lovely members out there!