To all lovely members out there!
This is my first post on here and I've gone through so many East coast Australia posts on fodors but I still find I'm struggling with a few thoughts- and I'd so very appreciate your expert advice! I'm just going round in circles here!
I am mid-twenties and travelling to East Coast Aus the first week of November with my partner. This is our first time! Eek!
I've done an itinerary and would very much value any input! (Any input whatsoever!)
In terms of interests, we enjoy going on walks, nature, culture, generally exploring cities, museums, beaches, nature reserves, wildlife, film/movies, eating (but not drinking!) ....
We don't plan to do any water sports.
Fly to Melbourne
DAYS 1-4: MELBOURNE
DAY 5: MELBOURNE PHILLIP ISLAND
DAY 6: FLY TO SYDNEY
DAYS 7-10: SYDNEY
DAY 11: BLUE MOUNTAINS
DAY 12: FLY TO GOLD COAST
DAYS 13-17: GOLD COAST
DAYS 18: DRIVE TO MT TAMBORINE (hike) + (stay the night)
DAY 19: MT TAMBORINE
DAY 20: DRIVE SPRINGBROOK, hike, return to MT TAMBORINE stay the night
DAY 21: DRIVE TO GOLD COAST AIRPORT, FLY to HERVEY BAY stay the night
DAY 22-23: FRASER ISLAND TOUR
DAY 23 eve: FLY HERVEY BAY to BRISBANE
DAY24: FLY HOME
So.... Here are my troubles
1) is the above time scale realistic for each area (obviously I realise this differs person to person- but I'm hoping I'm not being unrealistic in my time scales)
If you think I'm allocating not enough time to Melbourne and too much time to Gold Coast please let me know!
2) I intend to fly between each place ie Melbourne to Sydney- Sydney to Gold Coast etc
Is this the most efficient way of doing things ?
3) would you do a tour in the blue mountains? Or do it yourself?
4) where would you stay in Gold Coast? Lennox head and have to drive longer distances up to surfers paradise area ....or stay more central?
5) would you stay in MT TAMBORINE and do a day trip to SPRINGBROOK
Or stay SPRINGBROOK and do a day trip to MT
Or should we focus just 3 days in one area?
6) what is the journey like between the two? Safe?
7) would you do tours in both or do your own thing? I've heard people say that some parts of MT TAMBORINE are SO STEEP to drive! If we rent a car should we be driving around MT TAMBORINE or is it safer to be in a more suitable tour vehicle?
Phew....that's all I think!
Hope it all makes sense and apologies in advance if any of the questions are foolish!
I cannot thank you enough!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://alphagenixsweden.com/perlelux/
- 2 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 3 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 4 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 5 Real estate question
- 6 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 7 Food to Try Out
- 8 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 9 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 10 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 11 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 12 Wainui Falls
- 13 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 14 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 15 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 16 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 17 Day trips from Wellington
- 18 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 19 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 20 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 21 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI
- 22 3 days on North Island, NZ
- 23 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 24 Kayak or cruise Milford Sound?
- 25 New Zealand with teenagers
To all lovely members out there!