I am planning a trip to Australia and New Zealand for next January 16-February 5th. My husband and I are currently flying to Brisbane and plan to go to Heron Island for first three days. Then we are going to Melbourne for a couple days of the Australian Open. We are trying to decide if we want to spend two more days driving the Great Ocean Road or head on to New Zealand to rent a car and explore there. Will the GOR be jammed with tourists about the 24th of January? Is the scenery less spectacular on the GOR and should we just cover more of New Zealand? I've had several people tell me to skip the GOR and just go on to NZ, saying it is that much more spectacular. Would appreciate input from those who have done both.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Island - 8 days
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary
- 5 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 6 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 7 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 8 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 9 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 10 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 11 west and north Tasmania
- 12 Trip to Cairns
- 13 Beers in Oz
- 14 NZ visa denials
- 15 Brisbane to Sydney
- 16 Vini SIM card?
- 17 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 18 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 19 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 20 Help on Itinerary
- 21 Sydney Trip
- 22 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 23 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 24 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 25 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne