I am planning a trip to Australia and New Zealand for next January 16-February 5th. My husband and I are currently flying to Brisbane and plan to go to Heron Island for first three days. Then we are going to Melbourne for a couple days of the Australian Open. We are trying to decide if we want to spend two more days driving the Great Ocean Road or head on to New Zealand to rent a car and explore there. Will the GOR be jammed with tourists about the 24th of January? Is the scenery less spectacular on the GOR and should we just cover more of New Zealand? I've had several people tell me to skip the GOR and just go on to NZ, saying it is that much more spectacular. Would appreciate input from those who have done both.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 The Best Producer of HIGH-QUALITY Counterfeit Banknotes and Fake Documents
- 2 Australia for two weeks.
- 3 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 6 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 7 Food to Try Out
- 8 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 9 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 10 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 11 Recommended guidebooks
- 12 South Island Road Trip
- 13 Surprises in Australia
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast