I am planning a trip to Australia and New Zealand for next January 16-February 5th. My husband and I are currently flying to Brisbane and plan to go to Heron Island for first three days. Then we are going to Melbourne for a couple days of the Australian Open. We are trying to decide if we want to spend two more days driving the Great Ocean Road or head on to New Zealand to rent a car and explore there. Will the GOR be jammed with tourists about the 24th of January? Is the scenery less spectacular on the GOR and should we just cover more of New Zealand? I've had several people tell me to skip the GOR and just go on to NZ, saying it is that much more spectacular. Would appreciate input from those who have done both.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/black-diamond-force/
- 2 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 3 Uluru
- 4 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 5 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 6 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 7 16 days in Australia
- 8 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 9 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 10 Gluten free Australia
- 11 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 12 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 13 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 14 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 15 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 16 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 17 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 18 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 19 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 20 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 21 25day planning for Australia
- 22 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 23 Help New Zealand
- 24 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 25 8 day trip to New Zealand