I am planning a trip to Australia and New Zealand for next January 16-February 5th. My husband and I are currently flying to Brisbane and plan to go to Heron Island for first three days. Then we are going to Melbourne for a couple days of the Australian Open. We are trying to decide if we want to spend two more days driving the Great Ocean Road or head on to New Zealand to rent a car and explore there. Will the GOR be jammed with tourists about the 24th of January? Is the scenery less spectacular on the GOR and should we just cover more of New Zealand? I've had several people tell me to skip the GOR and just go on to NZ, saying it is that much more spectacular. Would appreciate input from those who have done both.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/barely-there-cream/
- 2 Suggestions for 3 weeks
- 3 The whisky trail.
- 4 Another itinerary question
- 5 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 6 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 7 Australia Itinerary
- 8 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 9 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 10 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 11 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 12 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 13 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 14 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 15 help with intinerary please!
- 16 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 17 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 18 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 19 Quaint
- 20 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 21 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 22 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 23 Western Australia + Where?
- 24 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 25 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November