We are a family of 4 (kids are 9 & 7, very good travelers). We have 11 days in Australia, flying into Sydney mid August. I am thinking CBD sydney for a couple of days and can't decide if we have time to do the great barrier reef. Pushing it? I might skip GBR this trip if its not do-able for such a short stay so, perhaps a trip down to Melbourne. We are adventurous and outdoorsy family. Things to do with kids around this 2 cities? I really rather not do a ton of museums, etc unless its a must see. My daughter would love to hold a koala (I am already putting Taronga Zoo on the list). My husband is a photographer but have decided to skip Uluru this time. I am thinking the great ocean road in Melb.
How are public transportation? Also looking at apartments, I was reading the board and see that I should use stayz instead of airbnb because the former is more "australian based", thoughts? Rental car companies, any recs?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://healthexpertsupplement.com/imperium-garcinia/
- 2 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 3 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 4 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 5 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 6 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 7 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 8 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 9 14 day South NZ Trip
- 10 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 11 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 12 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 13 One-day hike in Milford area
- 14 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 15 Best national park around Sydney
- 16 1 night stay around GOR
- 17 7 days in New Zealand
- 18 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 19 NZ repeat visitors
- 20 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 21 South Island Suggestions
- 22 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 23 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 24 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 25 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas