We are a family of 4 (kids are 9 & 7, very good travelers). We have 11 days in Australia, flying into Sydney mid August. I am thinking CBD sydney for a couple of days and can't decide if we have time to do the great barrier reef. Pushing it? I might skip GBR this trip if its not do-able for such a short stay so, perhaps a trip down to Melbourne. We are adventurous and outdoorsy family. Things to do with kids around this 2 cities? I really rather not do a ton of museums, etc unless its a must see. My daughter would love to hold a koala (I am already putting Taronga Zoo on the list). My husband is a photographer but have decided to skip Uluru this time. I am thinking the great ocean road in Melb.
How are public transportation? Also looking at apartments, I was reading the board and see that I should use stayz instead of airbnb because the former is more "australian based", thoughts? Rental car companies, any recs?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Picton Drive Through
- 3 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 4 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 5 North and South Island of NZ
- 6 The southern lights
- 7 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 8 Mel's NZ Photos
- 9 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 10 August Honeymoon Help?
- 11 How to split up Australia?
- 12 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 13 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 14 Brisbane to Sydney
- 15 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 16 East Coast Australia
- 17 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 18 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 19 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 20 Marlborough Sounds
- 21 Blue mountain in July
- 22 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 23 Tonga January Weather
- 24 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 25 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand