We are a family of 4 (kids are 9 & 7, very good travelers). We have 11 days in Australia, flying into Sydney mid August. I am thinking CBD sydney for a couple of days and can't decide if we have time to do the great barrier reef. Pushing it? I might skip GBR this trip if its not do-able for such a short stay so, perhaps a trip down to Melbourne. We are adventurous and outdoorsy family. Things to do with kids around this 2 cities? I really rather not do a ton of museums, etc unless its a must see. My daughter would love to hold a koala (I am already putting Taronga Zoo on the list). My husband is a photographer but have decided to skip Uluru this time. I am thinking the great ocean road in Melb.
How are public transportation? Also looking at apartments, I was reading the board and see that I should use stayz instead of airbnb because the former is more "australian based", thoughts? Rental car companies, any recs?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hamilton Island
- 2 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 3 7 days in New Zealand
- 4 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 5 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 6 16 Days on the South Island
- 7 Need help in Auckland
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 9 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 10 Six Weeks Down Under
- 11 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 12 Uber in Sydney
- 13 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 14 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 15 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 16 Darwin Accomodations
- 17 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 19 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 20 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 21 The Red Center?
- 22 Trip to Cairns
- 23 Blue mountain Or Daintree in July
- 24 Sydney Restauranr Near Opera House for Early Dining
- 25 Kaikoura-Picton coast road