We are a family of 4 (kids are 9 & 7, very good travelers). We have 11 days in Australia, flying into Sydney mid August. I am thinking CBD sydney for a couple of days and can't decide if we have time to do the great barrier reef. Pushing it? I might skip GBR this trip if its not do-able for such a short stay so, perhaps a trip down to Melbourne. We are adventurous and outdoorsy family. Things to do with kids around this 2 cities? I really rather not do a ton of museums, etc unless its a must see. My daughter would love to hold a koala (I am already putting Taronga Zoo on the list). My husband is a photographer but have decided to skip Uluru this time. I am thinking the great ocean road in Melb.
How are public transportation? Also looking at apartments, I was reading the board and see that I should use stayz instead of airbnb because the former is more "australian based", thoughts? Rental car companies, any recs?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia Itinerary
- 2 New Zealand with teenagers
- 3 Suggestions for 3 weeks
- 4 The whisky trail.
- 5 Another itinerary question
- 6 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 7 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 8 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 9 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 10 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 11 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 12 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 13 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 14 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 15 help with intinerary please!
- 16 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 17 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 18 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 19 Quaint
- 20 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 21 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 22 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 23 Western Australia + Where?
- 24 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 25 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November