We are a family of 4 (kids are 9 & 7, very good travelers). We have 11 days in Australia, flying into Sydney mid August. I am thinking CBD sydney for a couple of days and can't decide if we have time to do the great barrier reef. Pushing it? I might skip GBR this trip if its not do-able for such a short stay so, perhaps a trip down to Melbourne. We are adventurous and outdoorsy family. Things to do with kids around this 2 cities? I really rather not do a ton of museums, etc unless its a must see. My daughter would love to hold a koala (I am already putting Taronga Zoo on the list). My husband is a photographer but have decided to skip Uluru this time. I am thinking the great ocean road in Melb.
How are public transportation? Also looking at apartments, I was reading the board and see that I should use stayz instead of airbnb because the former is more "australian based", thoughts? Rental car companies, any recs?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 2 5 days in South Island
- 3 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 4 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 5 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 6 west and north Tasmania
- 7 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 8 Trip to Cairns
- 9 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 10 Beers in Oz
- 11 NZ visa denials
- 12 Brisbane to Sydney
- 13 Vini SIM card?
- 14 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 15 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 16 New Zealand Itinerary
- 17 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 18 Help on Itinerary
- 19 Sydney Trip
- 20 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 21 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 22 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 23 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 24 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 25 Extra 2 nights = help