Our family of 4 will be staying in Port Douglas for 5 nights at the end of June. My oldest daughter is convinced that we can not leave Australia without diving in the GBR. She spent 2 days on a live aboard last month and tried diving for the frist time. The rest of us have no experience. My questions: are we allowed to dive without ever having done it? I was surprised that she was able to. I thought there was some sort of required certificate, not to mention her asthma. If we are allowed to dive any recommendations for tour company for newbies? We are all very good swimmers, love the water and will have been snorkeling with Ocean Safari while in Cape Trib before we land in Port Douglas.
Diving the Great Barrier Reef
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 2 Emirates and Jetstar
- 3 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 4 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 5 14 days in NZ in February
- 6 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 7 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 8 16 days all over New Zealand
- 9 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 10 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 11 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 12 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 13 Heading to Australia!
- 14 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 15 South Island Itinerary
- 16 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 17 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 18 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 19 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 20 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 21 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 22 victoria in march
- 23 3 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 24 Victoria with kids
- 25 Puffing billy day trip from Melbourne