Our family of 4 will be staying in Port Douglas for 5 nights at the end of June. My oldest daughter is convinced that we can not leave Australia without diving in the GBR. She spent 2 days on a live aboard last month and tried diving for the frist time. The rest of us have no experience. My questions: are we allowed to dive without ever having done it? I was surprised that she was able to. I thought there was some sort of required certificate, not to mention her asthma. If we are allowed to dive any recommendations for tour company for newbies? We are all very good swimmers, love the water and will have been snorkeling with Ocean Safari while in Cape Trib before we land in Port Douglas.
Diving the Great Barrier Reef
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Packing List
- 2 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 3 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 4 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 5 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 6 Sydney and Auckland
- 7 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 8 Internet access
- 9 Night Out Byron Bay
- 10 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 11 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 12 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 13 10 days itinerary
- 14 Fremantle my love..
- 15 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 16 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 17 Books?
- 18 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 19 Choosing a Visa
- 20 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 21 One spare day in Darwin
- 22 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 23 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 24 Travel Visa
- 25 Canberra