Our family of 4 will be staying in Port Douglas for 5 nights at the end of June. My oldest daughter is convinced that we can not leave Australia without diving in the GBR. She spent 2 days on a live aboard last month and tried diving for the frist time. The rest of us have no experience. My questions: are we allowed to dive without ever having done it? I was surprised that she was able to. I thought there was some sort of required certificate, not to mention her asthma. If we are allowed to dive any recommendations for tour company for newbies? We are all very good swimmers, love the water and will have been snorkeling with Ocean Safari while in Cape Trib before we land in Port Douglas.
Diving the Great Barrier Reef
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 2 Margo Oz are you there ?
- 3 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 4 Tassie in winter
- 5 Renting (hiring) a car near Sydney - or not
- 6 NSW/Queensland- 4 free days
- 7 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 8 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 9 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 10 New Zealand advice
- 11 New Zealand for Solo Travelers
- 12 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 13 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 14 Bye-Bye Pemberton
- 15 Photobook from trip to New Zealand
- 16 looking for someone to preform our wedding on Moorea Tahiti
- 17 Need suggestions for things to do in Australia
- 18 Kangaroo Island or Cleland Wildlife Park in Adelaide
- 19 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 20 9 days in Fiji
- 21 Canberra
- 22 1st Visit to Australia: Itinerary Help
- 23 AAT Kings 5 day Monkey Mia tour from Perth, Oct 2012
- 24 Tasmania in may with 11 month baby for about 12 days
- 25 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba