Our family of 4 will be staying in Port Douglas for 5 nights at the end of June. My oldest daughter is convinced that we can not leave Australia without diving in the GBR. She spent 2 days on a live aboard last month and tried diving for the frist time. The rest of us have no experience. My questions: are we allowed to dive without ever having done it? I was surprised that she was able to. I thought there was some sort of required certificate, not to mention her asthma. If we are allowed to dive any recommendations for tour company for newbies? We are all very good swimmers, love the water and will have been snorkeling with Ocean Safari while in Cape Trib before we land in Port Douglas.
Diving the Great Barrier Reef
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 2 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 3 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 4 The Great Australian Adventure
- 5 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 6 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 7 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 8 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 9 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 10 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 11 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 12 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 13 5 week itinerary help
- 14 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 15 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 16 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 17 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 18 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 19 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 20 This special community - Fodorville
- 21 New Zealand -help with itinerary
- 22 Traveling to Hawaii
- 23 Great food/local favorites
- 24 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 25 Sydney