Our family of 4 will be staying in Port Douglas for 5 nights at the end of June. My oldest daughter is convinced that we can not leave Australia without diving in the GBR. She spent 2 days on a live aboard last month and tried diving for the frist time. The rest of us have no experience. My questions: are we allowed to dive without ever having done it? I was surprised that she was able to. I thought there was some sort of required certificate, not to mention her asthma. If we are allowed to dive any recommendations for tour company for newbies? We are all very good swimmers, love the water and will have been snorkeling with Ocean Safari while in Cape Trib before we land in Port Douglas.
Diving the Great Barrier Reef
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney CBD & Potts Point accommodation
- 2 Paging Cathies
- 3 Family trip over Spring Break
- 4 Cairns/PD - can we manage without a car?
- 5 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 6 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 7 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 8 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 9 Cairns itinerary - inputs needed
- 10 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 11 NewZealand honeymoon suggestions
- 12 5 days in Tasmania
- 13 August week end in Auckland
- 14 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 15 Limestone Coast, South Australia - ideas needed
- 16 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 17 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 18 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 19 Help
- 20 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 21 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 22 Byron Bay or ...
- 23 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 24 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 25 How many days needed in Sydney?