A while back I posted regarding a NZ/OZ cruise for two weeks. After reading all the postings I think we should change our thinking to a fly/drive agenda. Our plans are still in the early stage. Would we be missing a lot by cruising and taking tours from the ship? It visits both North and South Island of NZ and also Sydney and Brisbane in Australia. We were planning a week in Cairns post cruise to see the reef. This would be in February, 2003. ANY suggestions to help me get started would be GREATLY appreciated. We are from the Disney area of Florida and are NOT into typical tourist areas so that may be helpful to you. Also a thought we had was maybe doing Fiji on the way back instead of Cairns. Any feedback on that? We are avid snorkelers. I know this is a lot of info but I need to make some decisions and start organizing this trip as I'm sure it will be a once in a lifetime! HELP!!!
Cruise vs. Drive Tour
- 1 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 2 Melbourne Money Exchange
- 3 Jetstar boosts Transtasman flights
- 4 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 5 Fine-tuning advice re pre/post-cruise destinations in Australia please
- 6 New Zealand South Island (mostly) Trip Report
- 7 Tasmanian West Coast
- 8 Sydney hotel
- 9 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 10 Australia Tour Operator Help
- 11 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 12 Hotels in Australia
- 13 Hidden Gems in Melbourne
- 14 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 15 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 16 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 17 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 18 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 19 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 20 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 21 Micronesia- when to visit
- 22 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 23 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 24 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 25 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia