Never been to the area and since it's a long way from Michigan this will probably be our one and only trip there. Have a deposit on a 16 day Oceania cruise, but when all is said and done we will probably spend over $20,000 for two of us. So, I looked into About Australia self directed tour, which is about half that. Then I thought, why not just plan the tour myself, which would be cheaper still. Of course, the latter is a ton more stressful and more work in the planning and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the area to plan it well. To make matters worse we are traveling with another couple and that's a big responsibility. I think we would see much more of the country on land than on a sea tour (duh). Any of your expert advice is welcome!
Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 2 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 3 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 4 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 5 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 6 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 7 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 8 New Zealand itinerary help
- 9 Hotel in Sydney
- 10 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 11 Melbourne Drive
- 12 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 13 Sydney or Melbourne
- 14 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 15 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 16 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 17 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 18 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 19 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 20 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 21 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 22 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 23 New York Times guide to Perth
- 24 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 25 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas