Never been to the area and since it's a long way from Michigan this will probably be our one and only trip there. Have a deposit on a 16 day Oceania cruise, but when all is said and done we will probably spend over $20,000 for two of us. So, I looked into About Australia self directed tour, which is about half that. Then I thought, why not just plan the tour myself, which would be cheaper still. Of course, the latter is a ton more stressful and more work in the planning and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the area to plan it well. To make matters worse we are traveling with another couple and that's a big responsibility. I think we would see much more of the country on land than on a sea tour (duh). Any of your expert advice is welcome!
Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 First time in NZ and only have a week
- 2 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 3 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 4 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 5 The Great Australian Adventure
- 6 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 7 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 8 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 9 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 10 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 11 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 12 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 13 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 14 5 week itinerary help
- 15 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 16 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 17 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 18 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 19 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 20 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 21 This special community - Fodorville
- 22 New Zealand -help with itinerary
- 23 Traveling to Hawaii
- 24 Great food/local favorites
- 25 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA