Never been to the area and since it's a long way from Michigan this will probably be our one and only trip there. Have a deposit on a 16 day Oceania cruise, but when all is said and done we will probably spend over $20,000 for two of us. So, I looked into About Australia self directed tour, which is about half that. Then I thought, why not just plan the tour myself, which would be cheaper still. Of course, the latter is a ton more stressful and more work in the planning and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the area to plan it well. To make matters worse we are traveling with another couple and that's a big responsibility. I think we would see much more of the country on land than on a sea tour (duh). Any of your expert advice is welcome!
Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED AMERICAN PASSPORT. email@example.com
- 2 NSW/Queensland- 4 free days
- 3 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 4 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 5 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 6 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 7 New Zealand advice
- 8 New Zealand for Solo Travelers
- 9 Tassie in winter
- 10 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 11 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 12 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 13 Bye-Bye Pemberton
- 14 Photobook from trip to New Zealand
- 15 looking for someone to preform our wedding on Moorea Tahiti
- 16 Need suggestions for things to do in Australia
- 17 Kangaroo Island or Cleland Wildlife Park in Adelaide
- 18 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 19 9 days in Fiji
- 20 Canberra
- 21 1st Visit to Australia: Itinerary Help
- 22 AAT Kings 5 day Monkey Mia tour from Perth, Oct 2012
- 23 Tasmania in may with 11 month baby for about 12 days
- 24 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 25 Europcar car rental scam - follow-up and solution