Never been to the area and since it's a long way from Michigan this will probably be our one and only trip there. Have a deposit on a 16 day Oceania cruise, but when all is said and done we will probably spend over $20,000 for two of us. So, I looked into About Australia self directed tour, which is about half that. Then I thought, why not just plan the tour myself, which would be cheaper still. Of course, the latter is a ton more stressful and more work in the planning and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the area to plan it well. To make matters worse we are traveling with another couple and that's a big responsibility. I think we would see much more of the country on land than on a sea tour (duh). Any of your expert advice is welcome!
Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 2 Help
- 3 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 4 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 5 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 6 Byron Bay or ...
- 7 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 8 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 9 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 10 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 11 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 12 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 13 Paging Cathies
- 14 NZ vs Aust
- 15 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 16 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 17 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 18 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 19 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 20 August week end in Auckland
- 21 28 days to campervan around australia
- 22 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 23 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 24 Sydney Weather in September
- 25 South Island Suggestions ...