Never been to the area and since it's a long way from Michigan this will probably be our one and only trip there. Have a deposit on a 16 day Oceania cruise, but when all is said and done we will probably spend over $20,000 for two of us. So, I looked into About Australia self directed tour, which is about half that. Then I thought, why not just plan the tour myself, which would be cheaper still. Of course, the latter is a ton more stressful and more work in the planning and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the area to plan it well. To make matters worse we are traveling with another couple and that's a big responsibility. I think we would see much more of the country on land than on a sea tour (duh). Any of your expert advice is welcome!
Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 2 Paging Cathies
- 3 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 4 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 5 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 6 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 7 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 8 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 9 One day in Fiji
- 10 Kangaroo island
- 11 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 12 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 13 Itinerary 20 days
- 14 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 15 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 16 Rent or buy campervan
- 17 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 18 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 19 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 20 South Island NZ: First 2 weeks of November
- 21 Cell phone providers
- 22 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help
- 23 GBR - Where to base our 3 1/2 day visit
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit Sydney and the Blue Mountains - September 2014
- 25 New Zealand - 12 Nights Trip