Never been to the area and since it's a long way from Michigan this will probably be our one and only trip there. Have a deposit on a 16 day Oceania cruise, but when all is said and done we will probably spend over $20,000 for two of us. So, I looked into About Australia self directed tour, which is about half that. Then I thought, why not just plan the tour myself, which would be cheaper still. Of course, the latter is a ton more stressful and more work in the planning and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the area to plan it well. To make matters worse we are traveling with another couple and that's a big responsibility. I think we would see much more of the country on land than on a sea tour (duh). Any of your expert advice is welcome!
Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 2 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 3 NZ South Island February 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 5 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 6 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 7 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 8 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 9 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 10 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 11 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 12 New Zealand itinerary help
- 13 Hotel in Sydney
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Melbourne Drive
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne
- 17 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 18 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 19 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 20 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 21 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 22 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 23 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 24 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 25 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?