Never been to the area and since it's a long way from Michigan this will probably be our one and only trip there. Have a deposit on a 16 day Oceania cruise, but when all is said and done we will probably spend over $20,000 for two of us. So, I looked into About Australia self directed tour, which is about half that. Then I thought, why not just plan the tour myself, which would be cheaper still. Of course, the latter is a ton more stressful and more work in the planning and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the area to plan it well. To make matters worse we are traveling with another couple and that's a big responsibility. I think we would see much more of the country on land than on a sea tour (duh). Any of your expert advice is welcome!
Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Advice needed for South Pacific ports
- 2 "The Serengeti of Tasmania" - Photos from Narawntapu NP and elsewhere in Australia
- 3 Southern Australia Itinerary Advice July 3rd-July 19th
- 4 Second try for Australia Itinerary in October
- 5 Airport Customs in Auckland
- 6 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 7 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 8 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 9 16 days all over New Zealand
- 10 My Experience Traveling in New Zealand
- 11 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 12 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 13 Tahiti Honeymoon in November?
- 14 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 15 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 16 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 17 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 18 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 19 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 20 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 21 Question about the "Build Up"
- 22 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 23 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 24 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 25 Tipping