Never been to the area and since it's a long way from Michigan this will probably be our one and only trip there. Have a deposit on a 16 day Oceania cruise, but when all is said and done we will probably spend over $20,000 for two of us. So, I looked into About Australia self directed tour, which is about half that. Then I thought, why not just plan the tour myself, which would be cheaper still. Of course, the latter is a ton more stressful and more work in the planning and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the area to plan it well. To make matters worse we are traveling with another couple and that's a big responsibility. I think we would see much more of the country on land than on a sea tour (duh). Any of your expert advice is welcome!
Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 2 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 3 Sydney and Auckland
- 4 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 5 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 6 10 days itinerary
- 7 Fremantle my love..
- 8 Internet access
- 9 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 10 Packing List
- 11 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 12 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 13 Books?
- 14 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 15 Choosing a Visa
- 16 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 17 One spare day in Darwin
- 18 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 19 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 20 Travel Visa
- 21 Canberra
- 22 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 23 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney
- 24 Family Trip to New Zealand: Would love itinerary thoughts!
- 25 Bicycle Traving - What not to do