Never been to the area and since it's a long way from Michigan this will probably be our one and only trip there. Have a deposit on a 16 day Oceania cruise, but when all is said and done we will probably spend over $20,000 for two of us. So, I looked into About Australia self directed tour, which is about half that. Then I thought, why not just plan the tour myself, which would be cheaper still. Of course, the latter is a ton more stressful and more work in the planning and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the area to plan it well. To make matters worse we are traveling with another couple and that's a big responsibility. I think we would see much more of the country on land than on a sea tour (duh). Any of your expert advice is welcome!
Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 2 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 3 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 4 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 5 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 6 Packages
- 7 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 8 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 9 Should we change our plans ???
- 10 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 11 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 12 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 13 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 14 Paging Cathies
- 15 Kangaroo island
- 16 Itinerary 20 days
- 17 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 18 One day in Fiji
- 19 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 20 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 21 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 22 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 23 Rent or buy campervan
- 24 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 25 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors