Never been to the area and since it's a long way from Michigan this will probably be our one and only trip there. Have a deposit on a 16 day Oceania cruise, but when all is said and done we will probably spend over $20,000 for two of us. So, I looked into About Australia self directed tour, which is about half that. Then I thought, why not just plan the tour myself, which would be cheaper still. Of course, the latter is a ton more stressful and more work in the planning and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the area to plan it well. To make matters worse we are traveling with another couple and that's a big responsibility. I think we would see much more of the country on land than on a sea tour (duh). Any of your expert advice is welcome!
Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 2 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 3 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 4 14 days in NZ in February
- 5 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 6 Emirates and Jetstar
- 7 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 8 16 days all over New Zealand
- 9 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 10 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 11 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 12 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 13 Heading to Australia!
- 14 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 15 South Island Itinerary
- 16 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 17 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 18 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 19 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 20 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 21 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 22 victoria in march
- 23 3 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 24 Victoria with kids
- 25 Puffing billy day trip from Melbourne