Never been to the area and since it's a long way from Michigan this will probably be our one and only trip there. Have a deposit on a 16 day Oceania cruise, but when all is said and done we will probably spend over $20,000 for two of us. So, I looked into About Australia self directed tour, which is about half that. Then I thought, why not just plan the tour myself, which would be cheaper still. Of course, the latter is a ton more stressful and more work in the planning and I'm afraid I don't know enough about the area to plan it well. To make matters worse we are traveling with another couple and that's a big responsibility. I think we would see much more of the country on land than on a sea tour (duh). Any of your expert advice is welcome!
Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hey, Bokhara2 and cathies, need restaurant recommendations
- 2 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 3 Jet Star?
- 4 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 5 Fireworks Festival - A "MUST DO"
- 6 Aussie Trip Report: No cities, no worries
- 7 Song doc - one for you
- 8 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 9 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 10 Air New Zealand & Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 11 Katoomba vs. Leura vs ... ????
- 12 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 13 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 14 Itinerary Planning
- 15 Yarra Valley Wineries
- 16 8 Day South Island Itinerary in Oct
- 17 NZ Itinerary from Christchurch to Queenstown in 8 days
- 18 Suggestions/ Tips request for 15 Days trip to South Island New Zealand
- 19 NZ South Island Plan
- 20 Tahiti, Cooks Islands or Fiji 20th Anniversary trip
- 21 Campervan help please!
- 22 Campervan/Motorhomes vs Car hire in New Zealand
- 23 suggested 6 day itinerary for South island New Zealand in December
- 24 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 25 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities