I would love some destination recommendations (Oceania) for a 7-10 day island vacation I'm planning for early September.
I'm considering: Fiji, Bali, Bora Bora, Mo'orea, and open to other recs. I don't know much about how these options compare to one another.
Essentials: beautiful beaches, scenic
Would also like: surfing, diving, hiking, cultural experiences,
On previous trips I have enjoyed staying in Airbnb type places for a more "immersive experience" away from main tourist hubs. If you have knowledge around the availability of this type of accommodation on any of the islands I'm considering that would be greatly appreciated! It looks like Bali has a lot of cool exotic looking Airbnbs at very reasonable pricing...
Would be interesting to know how costs compare in these places (once there...I've already looked at airfare).
Please share any recs, stories, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 2 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 3 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 4 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 5 Help with NZ Travel
- 6 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 7 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 8 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 9 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 10 Kaikoura roads update
- 11 Free Camping
- 12 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 13 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 14 Clever, mischievous keas
- 15 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 16 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 17 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 18 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 19 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 20 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 21 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 22 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 23 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 24 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 25 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas