I would love some destination recommendations (Oceania) for a 7-10 day island vacation I'm planning for early September.
I'm considering: Fiji, Bali, Bora Bora, Mo'orea, and open to other recs. I don't know much about how these options compare to one another.
Essentials: beautiful beaches, scenic
Would also like: surfing, diving, hiking, cultural experiences,
On previous trips I have enjoyed staying in Airbnb type places for a more "immersive experience" away from main tourist hubs. If you have knowledge around the availability of this type of accommodation on any of the islands I'm considering that would be greatly appreciated! It looks like Bali has a lot of cool exotic looking Airbnbs at very reasonable pricing...
Would be interesting to know how costs compare in these places (once there...I've already looked at airfare).
Please share any recs, stories, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 5 days in South Island
- 2 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 3 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary
- 5 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 6 NZ visa denials
- 7 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 8 Help on Itinerary
- 9 Sydney Trip
- 10 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 11 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 12 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 13 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 14 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 15 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 16 Extra 2 nights = help
- 17 February Australia Visit
- 18 Best wildlife near sydney
- 19 Where to go in Australia
- 20 Bruny Island
- 21 Western Australia
- 22 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 23 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 24 New Zealand South Island Alternative Itinerary
- 25 New Zealand travel agents/itinerary