I would love some destination recommendations (Oceania) for a 7-10 day island vacation I'm planning for early September.
I'm considering: Fiji, Bali, Bora Bora, Mo'orea, and open to other recs. I don't know much about how these options compare to one another.
Essentials: beautiful beaches, scenic
Would also like: surfing, diving, hiking, cultural experiences,
On previous trips I have enjoyed staying in Airbnb type places for a more "immersive experience" away from main tourist hubs. If you have knowledge around the availability of this type of accommodation on any of the islands I'm considering that would be greatly appreciated! It looks like Bali has a lot of cool exotic looking Airbnbs at very reasonable pricing...
Would be interesting to know how costs compare in these places (once there...I've already looked at airfare).
Please share any recs, stories, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 2 Australia for two weeks.
- 3 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 6 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 7 Food to Try Out
- 8 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 9 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 10 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 11 Recommended guidebooks
- 12 South Island Road Trip
- 13 Surprises in Australia
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast