Plan to rent a car or camper in Aukland and drive to the southern island. I read somewhere that you don't take rental cars on the ferry. Is this ture? Also some car rental agencies seem to have a surcharge for a drop off on the souther island. Any ideas to make this affordable? Any recommendations on agencies? thank you.
car rental in NZ, ferries
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 2 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 3 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 4 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 5 Paihia or coromandel
- 6 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 7 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 8 Emirates and Jetstar
- 9 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 10 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 11 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 12 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 13 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 14 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 15 14 days in NZ in February
- 16 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 17 16 days all over New Zealand
- 18 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 19 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 20 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 21 Heading to Australia!
- 22 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 23 South Island Itinerary
- 24 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 25 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010