We were thinking about making Cairns our base and stay in that area for about 8 days. First question - would anyone recommend renting a car and if so, what is the best place to get on and what kind of price can we expect? Second - we are seriously considering staying at Lilybank B&B...any comments? How close is it to the beach and the city?
And finally, we are considering the option of only spending maybe 5 nights in Cairns and taking a cruise for 3 days among the islands, does anyone have any suggestions or advice about this idea? We had originally planned to go to an island and that is still a possibility but we are the types who don't really want to see or do the same things every day so we liked the idea of a cruise since it would hopefully allow us to see various islands. It also seems much more economical, surprisingly, to cruise as opposed to staying in an island resort!
Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
Car rental in Cairns & Lilybank B&B
- 1 Melbourne Money Exchange
- 2 Sydney hotel
- 3 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 4 Australia Tour Operator Help
- 5 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 6 Hotels in Australia
- 7 Hidden Gems in Melbourne
- 8 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 9 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 10 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 11 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 12 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 13 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 14 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 15 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 16 Micronesia- when to visit
- 17 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 18 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 19 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 20 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
- 21 1st trip to New Zealand
- 22 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
- 23 Hotel suggestions near Brisbane airport?
- 24 Melbourne Airport / Rental Car Question
- 25 South Island of New Zealand end of May?