Does anyone have any suggestions, experiences and/or recommendations for renting a small camper van to tour both Islands in? DH and I are considering this as opposed to a car and B&B's. We, well in all truth, HE has driven in Scotland and Ireland so has a bit of experience with the "wrong side" of narrow winding roads. I have heard that free camping as well as designated camping areas are very plentiful and the designated ones generally have laundry and shower facilities. Did you find this as well? We would be going for a month somewhere during Sept to Nov.
Camper van in NZ
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 2 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 3 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 4 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 5 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 6 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 7 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 8 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 9 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 10 14 days in NZ in February
- 11 Emirates and Jetstar
- 12 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 13 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 14 16 days all over New Zealand
- 15 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 16 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 17 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 18 Heading to Australia!
- 19 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 20 South Island Itinerary
- 21 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 22 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 23 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 24 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 25 Information on Transit Visa in Australia