Does anyone have any suggestions, experiences and/or recommendations for renting a small camper van to tour both Islands in? DH and I are considering this as opposed to a car and B&B's. We, well in all truth, HE has driven in Scotland and Ireland so has a bit of experience with the "wrong side" of narrow winding roads. I have heard that free camping as well as designated camping areas are very plentiful and the designated ones generally have laundry and shower facilities. Did you find this as well? We would be going for a month somewhere during Sept to Nov.
Camper van in NZ
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 2 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 3 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 4 16 days all over New Zealand
- 5 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 6 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 7 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 8 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 9 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 10 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 11 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 12 Question about the "Build Up"
- 13 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 14 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 15 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 16 Tipping
- 17 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 18 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance
- 19 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 20 auckland connection
- 21 Five weeks in ANZ
- 22 Drive from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
- 23 Pictures and HD Videos from one week in Palau
- 24 A Good Day Trips Company in New Zealand
- 25 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)