Does anyone have any suggestions, experiences and/or recommendations for renting a small camper van to tour both Islands in? DH and I are considering this as opposed to a car and B&B's. We, well in all truth, HE has driven in Scotland and Ireland so has a bit of experience with the "wrong side" of narrow winding roads. I have heard that free camping as well as designated camping areas are very plentiful and the designated ones generally have laundry and shower facilities. Did you find this as well? We would be going for a month somewhere during Sept to Nov.
Camper van in NZ
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Should we change our plans ???
- 2 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 3 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 4 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 5 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 6 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 7 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 8 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 9 Packages
- 10 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 11 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 12 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 13 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 14 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 15 Paging Cathies
- 16 Kangaroo island
- 17 Itinerary 20 days
- 18 One day in Fiji
- 19 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 20 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 21 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 22 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 23 Rent or buy campervan
- 24 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 25 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors