Hello, My husband I will be ending a two week NZ/AU cruise in Sydney, in March. We are considering spending several days exploring Sydney (Harbor Bridge Climb - Opera House tour. . .), then flying up to Cairns to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef (Day trip with a small group tour). However, from all that I read I'm concerned that mid March is not a good time to go up to Cairns and the GBR due to the humidity, wet/cyclone season and stinger season. Should we pass on the GBR at this time of year? We've snorkeled only one other time, so we are beginners. I really would love to see it, but we're not real keen on hot humid weather. Thank you so much for your suggestions!
Cairns and Great Barrier Reef in March, Go or Pass?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 2 Happy Australia Day!
- 3 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 4 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 5 Tim Tam
- 6 Tipping
- 7 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 8 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 9 Transit Time at SYD
- 10 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 11 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 12 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 13 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 14 Car rentals south island
- 15 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 16 Brisbane, need short term accommodation
- 17 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 18 Pls help with NZ South Island 12 days with surfing itinerary!
- 19 New Zealand South Island in 8 days!
- 20 OZ and NZ with a 16month old baby
- 21 NZ North Island 17 days in March
- 22 New Zealand
- 23 Need Rotorua advice
- 24 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 25 Broome to Cape Leveque