Hello, My husband I will be ending a two week NZ/AU cruise in Sydney, in March. We are considering spending several days exploring Sydney (Harbor Bridge Climb - Opera House tour. . .), then flying up to Cairns to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef (Day trip with a small group tour). However, from all that I read I'm concerned that mid March is not a good time to go up to Cairns and the GBR due to the humidity, wet/cyclone season and stinger season. Should we pass on the GBR at this time of year? We've snorkeled only one other time, so we are beginners. I really would love to see it, but we're not real keen on hot humid weather. Thank you so much for your suggestions!
Cairns and Great Barrier Reef in March, Go or Pass?
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 PURCHASE AUTHENTIC PASSPORT,ID CARDS,DRIVING LICENSE
- 2 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 3 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 4 Emirates and Jetstar
- 5 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 6 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 7 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 8 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 9 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 10 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 11 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 12 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 13 14 days in NZ in February
- 14 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 15 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 16 16 days all over New Zealand
- 17 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 18 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 19 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 20 Heading to Australia!
- 21 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 22 South Island Itinerary
- 23 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 24 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 25 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area