Hello, My husband I will be ending a two week NZ/AU cruise in Sydney, in March. We are considering spending several days exploring Sydney (Harbor Bridge Climb - Opera House tour. . .), then flying up to Cairns to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef (Day trip with a small group tour). However, from all that I read I'm concerned that mid March is not a good time to go up to Cairns and the GBR due to the humidity, wet/cyclone season and stinger season. Should we pass on the GBR at this time of year? We've snorkeled only one other time, so we are beginners. I really would love to see it, but we're not real keen on hot humid weather. Thank you so much for your suggestions!
Cairns and Great Barrier Reef in March, Go or Pass?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 2 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 3 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 4 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 5 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 6 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 7 New Zealand itinerary help
- 8 Hotel in Sydney
- 9 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 10 Melbourne Drive
- 11 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 12 Sydney or Melbourne
- 13 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 14 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 15 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 16 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 17 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 18 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 19 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 20 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 21 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 22 New York Times guide to Perth
- 23 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 24 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 25 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions