Hello, My husband I will be ending a two week NZ/AU cruise in Sydney, in March. We are considering spending several days exploring Sydney (Harbor Bridge Climb - Opera House tour. . .), then flying up to Cairns to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef (Day trip with a small group tour). However, from all that I read I'm concerned that mid March is not a good time to go up to Cairns and the GBR due to the humidity, wet/cyclone season and stinger season. Should we pass on the GBR at this time of year? We've snorkeled only one other time, so we are beginners. I really would love to see it, but we're not real keen on hot humid weather. Thank you so much for your suggestions!
Cairns and Great Barrier Reef in March, Go or Pass?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 2 Franz Josef hostels/cabins
- 3 Great food/local favorites
- 4 South Island - 8 days in February
- 5 Australian Aborigines
- 6 Great food/local favorites
- 7 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 8 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 9 Sydney
- 10 Incredible hotel
- 11 Good places to stay for 2015 AFC Asian Cup
- 12 Sydney - Melbourne 2 night / 3 day Road Trip
- 13 australia new zealand trip advice
- 14 New Zealand trip -itinerary help please
- 15 Milford Sound Cruise
- 16 14 day South Island Self drive
- 17 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 18 Cruise New Zealand
- 19 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 20 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 21 New Zealand Accommodations
- 22 16 days all over New Zealand
- 23 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 24 Optimum time to visit both New Zealand and Australia
- 25 Land Portion of our Cruise Tour of Australia and New Zealand