We finally managed to talk with our friends in Christchurch (via Skype so we could see them as well - ain't technology grand). What they are dealing with is unimagineable. We have been asking what we could do to help and our friend said that what we could do is go out and buy a bottle of New Zealand wine and drink a toast to them. It helps their economy and keeps people thinking about them and their plight. He also asked that we tell everyone we know to do the same. So I just came home with a lovely Pinot Noir from the South Island and will drink to their health and recovery. And I'm passing on the message.
Buy New Zealand Wine!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 2 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 3 NZ vs Aust
- 4 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 5 Byron Bay or ...
- 6 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 7 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 8 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 9 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 10 Paging Cathies
- 11 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 12 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 13 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 14 August week end in Auckland
- 15 28 days to campervan around australia
- 16 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 17 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 18 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 19 Sydney Weather in September
- 20 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 21 South Island Suggestions ...
- 22 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 23 A Long Weekend Escape to Pemberton, WA
- 24 Bora Bora---Snorkeling AT the resort??
- 25 Sydney-Airport to Hotel Transfer Companies