We finally managed to talk with our friends in Christchurch (via Skype so we could see them as well - ain't technology grand). What they are dealing with is unimagineable. We have been asking what we could do to help and our friend said that what we could do is go out and buy a bottle of New Zealand wine and drink a toast to them. It helps their economy and keeps people thinking about them and their plight. He also asked that we tell everyone we know to do the same. So I just came home with a lovely Pinot Noir from the South Island and will drink to their health and recovery. And I'm passing on the message.
Buy New Zealand Wine!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne