On a whim, my fiancee and I booked a trip to Christchurch, NZ and Fiji for January 2012, following our wedding. At first prices looked reasonable but the more I look, the more outrageous they seem.
Can anyone give me recommendations for a great, low-cost hotel and/or area to visit? Tour companies, etc.? I'm not looking to stay in a hostel or on a private island, but someplace easily accessible, beautiful and cozy.
Hoping I don't regret my decision...
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 2 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 3 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 4 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 5 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 6 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 7 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 8 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 9 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 10 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 11 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 12 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 13 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 14 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 15 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 16 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 17 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 18 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 19 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 20 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 21 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 22 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice
- 23 Sorting out time in Sydney
- 24 Please help finalize our Tasmania itinerary
- 25 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 1