I have read and posted (under the Maldives tag) seeking advice as I am interesting on 'surprising' my wife with a 15 year wedding anniversary trip to a romantic destination for a week or so (maybe up to 9 days including travel time). The idea of Maldives seemed very appealing to me based on the pics I saw regarding one of the most romantic islands. Then I checked flights and...prices were kind of deterring. Then I read someone elses request for ideas regarding bora bora vs other destinations and I read only positive comments. So, here it goes:
1. Planning to travel during the week of February 19 through 27, so we are talking about a stay of 5 or so days depending on total travel time.
2. We are looking for, definitely, a romantic destination, however, not too remote or too isolated.
3. Experience with local culture is a plus (little local shops, restaurants, etc).
4. Cost: Budgeting approximately about $ 5-6,000 + tickets (how realistic is this figure?)
5. Is Frebuary not a good month to go, in terms of temperature, as we are looking for warm weather (80-90s or higher is OK with us) and are interested in the crystal clear waters to swim in...
Finally, I may come up with more questions as I read your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Bills-vs-Redskins-Live
- 2 a month in Australia help please
- 3 Few days in NZ, what to do
- 4 Help me choose among these Sydney hotels, please
- 5 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 6 Awesome NewZealand Trip in Winter 2016
- 7 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 8 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 9 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 10 Planning an Australia trip, not sure where to begin
- 11 AUSTRALIA
- 12 Winter tragedy on the Routeburn Track (NZ)
- 13 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 14 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 15 6 Days South Island Help
- 16 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 17 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 18 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 19 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 20 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 21 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 22 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 23 New Zealand Itinerary
- 24 Dining
- 25 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne