I have read and posted (under the Maldives tag) seeking advice as I am interesting on 'surprising' my wife with a 15 year wedding anniversary trip to a romantic destination for a week or so (maybe up to 9 days including travel time). The idea of Maldives seemed very appealing to me based on the pics I saw regarding one of the most romantic islands. Then I checked flights and...prices were kind of deterring. Then I read someone elses request for ideas regarding bora bora vs other destinations and I read only positive comments. So, here it goes:
1. Planning to travel during the week of February 19 through 27, so we are talking about a stay of 5 or so days depending on total travel time.
2. We are looking for, definitely, a romantic destination, however, not too remote or too isolated.
3. Experience with local culture is a plus (little local shops, restaurants, etc).
4. Cost: Budgeting approximately about $ 5-6,000 + tickets (how realistic is this figure?)
5. Is Frebuary not a good month to go, in terms of temperature, as we are looking for warm weather (80-90s or higher is OK with us) and are interested in the crystal clear waters to swim in...
Finally, I may come up with more questions as I read your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Milford Sound Cruises
- 2 Travel passes within Australia
- 3 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 4 Sydney-Things to Do
- 5 Palm Cove in Feburary
- 6 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 7 drive or fly?
- 8 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 9 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 10 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 11 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 12 Nelson, New Zealand
- 13 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 14 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 15 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 16 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 17 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 18 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 19 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 20 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 21 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 22 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 23 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 24 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 25 Boat charter Raitea