I have read and posted (under the Maldives tag) seeking advice as I am interesting on 'surprising' my wife with a 15 year wedding anniversary trip to a romantic destination for a week or so (maybe up to 9 days including travel time). The idea of Maldives seemed very appealing to me based on the pics I saw regarding one of the most romantic islands. Then I checked flights and...prices were kind of deterring. Then I read someone elses request for ideas regarding bora bora vs other destinations and I read only positive comments. So, here it goes:
1. Planning to travel during the week of February 19 through 27, so we are talking about a stay of 5 or so days depending on total travel time.
2. We are looking for, definitely, a romantic destination, however, not too remote or too isolated.
3. Experience with local culture is a plus (little local shops, restaurants, etc).
4. Cost: Budgeting approximately about $ 5-6,000 + tickets (how realistic is this figure?)
5. Is Frebuary not a good month to go, in terms of temperature, as we are looking for warm weather (80-90s or higher is OK with us) and are interested in the crystal clear waters to swim in...
Finally, I may come up with more questions as I read your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://israelbigmarket.com/operalux-skin-review/
- 2 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 3 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 4 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 5 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 6 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 7 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 8 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 9 14 day South NZ Trip
- 10 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 11 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 12 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 13 One-day hike in Milford area
- 14 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 15 Best national park around Sydney
- 16 1 night stay around GOR
- 17 7 days in New Zealand
- 18 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 19 NZ repeat visitors
- 20 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 21 South Island Suggestions
- 22 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 23 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 24 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 25 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas