I have read and posted (under the Maldives tag) seeking advice as I am interesting on 'surprising' my wife with a 15 year wedding anniversary trip to a romantic destination for a week or so (maybe up to 9 days including travel time). The idea of Maldives seemed very appealing to me based on the pics I saw regarding one of the most romantic islands. Then I checked flights and...prices were kind of deterring. Then I read someone elses request for ideas regarding bora bora vs other destinations and I read only positive comments. So, here it goes:
1. Planning to travel during the week of February 19 through 27, so we are talking about a stay of 5 or so days depending on total travel time.
2. We are looking for, definitely, a romantic destination, however, not too remote or too isolated.
3. Experience with local culture is a plus (little local shops, restaurants, etc).
4. Cost: Budgeting approximately about $ 5-6,000 + tickets (how realistic is this figure?)
5. Is Frebuary not a good month to go, in terms of temperature, as we are looking for warm weather (80-90s or higher is OK with us) and are interested in the crystal clear waters to swim in...
Finally, I may come up with more questions as I read your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 2 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 3 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 4 Gluten free Australia
- 5 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 6 Uluru
- 7 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 8 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 9 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 10 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 11 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 12 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 13 16 days in Australia
- 14 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 15 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 16 25day planning for Australia
- 17 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 18 Help New Zealand
- 19 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 20 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 21 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
- 22 Private Tour Guides Australian Coast
- 23 Great Ocean Road
- 24 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 25 New Zealand travel agents/itinerary