I have read and posted (under the Maldives tag) seeking advice as I am interesting on 'surprising' my wife with a 15 year wedding anniversary trip to a romantic destination for a week or so (maybe up to 9 days including travel time). The idea of Maldives seemed very appealing to me based on the pics I saw regarding one of the most romantic islands. Then I checked flights and...prices were kind of deterring. Then I read someone elses request for ideas regarding bora bora vs other destinations and I read only positive comments. So, here it goes:
1. Planning to travel during the week of February 19 through 27, so we are talking about a stay of 5 or so days depending on total travel time.
2. We are looking for, definitely, a romantic destination, however, not too remote or too isolated.
3. Experience with local culture is a plus (little local shops, restaurants, etc).
4. Cost: Budgeting approximately about $ 5-6,000 + tickets (how realistic is this figure?)
5. Is Frebuary not a good month to go, in terms of temperature, as we are looking for warm weather (80-90s or higher is OK with us) and are interested in the crystal clear waters to swim in...
Finally, I may come up with more questions as I read your advice.
Bora Bora vs Maldives or other similar dest (advise pls)
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne