Visiting this area for 4-5 days without a car except perhaps to rent for 1 day to drive up to Cape Tribulation. Also want to tour GBR and scenic railway. Love beaches, water views and ocean swimming but Nov is stinger season so best to stay out of the water even with nets? (holes, smaller jellyfish etc). So best to stay in Cairns to access all and restaurants, shopping etc or not?
Best place to stay: Cairns, Trinity or Palm Cove?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 2 still distorted. I
- 3 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 4 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February
- 5 12-14 Days - Sydney and Auckland - January 2015
- 6 Tahiti? First time Impressions? Good French Polynesia Deals?
- 7 Paging Cathies
- 8 Transit time between international connections at Brisbane Airport?
- 9 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 10 Cape Trib-self-drive or tour
- 11 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 12 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 13 Weather ?
- 14 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 15 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 16 Need Help with a 16 night itinerary in Australia with Kids
- 17 Itinerary Planning
- 18 Sydney - City to Surf. 10 August 2014
- 19 South IslandItinerary Help
- 20 Australia Trip Report with Pictures May 2013
- 21 Lazy, don't want to research on line..
- 22 Sydney for 3 days
- 23 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 24 Help -- tight flight connection in Auckland
- 25 Conquering Great Walks