Hello Fodor Friends,
We came back from our trip from South Island, NZ and we had the trip of the lifetime. NZ is a beautiful country, with warm, friendly people, and gorgeous locations. Every turn we made, we saw one beautiful view after another. We didn’t feel like coming back and we know we will go back again. It was refreshing to know that this country has not commercialized any of the tourist spots. They have kept most of the must-sees natural and the way it should be, and by doing so they made the whole country beautiful. They could easily make millions of dollars, but they decided not to change it for us humans. Kudos to the country and its people!!!
I would love to write a trip report but it may take sometime to get there, however, I wanted to THANK following people for helping us prepare for this trip: Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb. Thanks friends for your sincere tips and wonderful suggestions.
We recently became vegetarians and we were able to maintain that in NZ. It was so nice to see multiple vegetarian options even in a remote restaurant. So no problem with food!!!! Melnq8, we tried Little India at couple places (Dunedin & Christchurch) and we loved it. We preferred the one in Dunedin.
This country is a must visit for everybody, especially for people from stressed out countries (e.g. USA). People in NZ have simple living but high thinking. NZ is a very conscience and forward-thinking country.
Signing off, while thinking of NZ’s beautiful lakes, mountains, wildlife enjoying natural habitat, and warm people.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Free Camping
- 2 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 3 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 4 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 5 Clever, mischievous keas
- 6 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 7 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 8 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 9 Kaikoura roads update
- 10 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 11 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 14 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 15 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 16 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 17 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 18 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 19 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 20 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 21 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 22 Translation of documents
- 23 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 24 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne
Back From NZ (South Island): THANKS Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb!!!
Hello Fodor Friends,