Hello Fodor Friends,
We came back from our trip from South Island, NZ and we had the trip of the lifetime. NZ is a beautiful country, with warm, friendly people, and gorgeous locations. Every turn we made, we saw one beautiful view after another. We didn’t feel like coming back and we know we will go back again. It was refreshing to know that this country has not commercialized any of the tourist spots. They have kept most of the must-sees natural and the way it should be, and by doing so they made the whole country beautiful. They could easily make millions of dollars, but they decided not to change it for us humans. Kudos to the country and its people!!!
I would love to write a trip report but it may take sometime to get there, however, I wanted to THANK following people for helping us prepare for this trip: Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb. Thanks friends for your sincere tips and wonderful suggestions.
We recently became vegetarians and we were able to maintain that in NZ. It was so nice to see multiple vegetarian options even in a remote restaurant. So no problem with food!!!! Melnq8, we tried Little India at couple places (Dunedin & Christchurch) and we loved it. We preferred the one in Dunedin.
This country is a must visit for everybody, especially for people from stressed out countries (e.g. USA). People in NZ have simple living but high thinking. NZ is a very conscience and forward-thinking country.
Signing off, while thinking of NZ’s beautiful lakes, mountains, wildlife enjoying natural habitat, and warm people.
Back From NZ (South Island): THANKS Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb!!!
Hello Fodor Friends,
- 1 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 2 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 3 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 4 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 5 Paihia or coromandel
- 6 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 7 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 8 Emirates and Jetstar
- 9 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 10 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 11 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 12 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 13 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 14 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 15 14 days in NZ in February
- 16 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 17 16 days all over New Zealand
- 18 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 19 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 20 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 21 Heading to Australia!
- 22 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 23 South Island Itinerary
- 24 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 25 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010