Hello Fodor Friends,
We came back from our trip from South Island, NZ and we had the trip of the lifetime. NZ is a beautiful country, with warm, friendly people, and gorgeous locations. Every turn we made, we saw one beautiful view after another. We didn’t feel like coming back and we know we will go back again. It was refreshing to know that this country has not commercialized any of the tourist spots. They have kept most of the must-sees natural and the way it should be, and by doing so they made the whole country beautiful. They could easily make millions of dollars, but they decided not to change it for us humans. Kudos to the country and its people!!!
I would love to write a trip report but it may take sometime to get there, however, I wanted to THANK following people for helping us prepare for this trip: Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb. Thanks friends for your sincere tips and wonderful suggestions.
We recently became vegetarians and we were able to maintain that in NZ. It was so nice to see multiple vegetarian options even in a remote restaurant. So no problem with food!!!! Melnq8, we tried Little India at couple places (Dunedin & Christchurch) and we loved it. We preferred the one in Dunedin.
This country is a must visit for everybody, especially for people from stressed out countries (e.g. USA). People in NZ have simple living but high thinking. NZ is a very conscience and forward-thinking country.
Signing off, while thinking of NZ’s beautiful lakes, mountains, wildlife enjoying natural habitat, and warm people.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 January-March When to visit NZ
- 2 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 3 Hikes in New Zealand
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 5 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 6 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 7 Nervous American driving in AU
- 8 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 9 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 10 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 11 New Zeaaland
- 12 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 13 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 14 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 15 New Zealand on our own?
- 16 2nd year visa extentiom
- 17 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 18 Sydney places to stay
- 19 Sydney in March
- 20 Help, 24 hours in Tassie to fill!!
- 21 Australia/New Zealand in 2 weeks
- 22 Help with itinerary! 2 wks in Aus
- 23 Box Jellies on the GBR
- 24 2 wks in Aus - need help with itinerary
- 25 Nelson, New Zealand
Back From NZ (South Island): THANKS Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb!!!
Hello Fodor Friends,