Hello Fodor Friends,
We came back from our trip from South Island, NZ and we had the trip of the lifetime. NZ is a beautiful country, with warm, friendly people, and gorgeous locations. Every turn we made, we saw one beautiful view after another. We didn’t feel like coming back and we know we will go back again. It was refreshing to know that this country has not commercialized any of the tourist spots. They have kept most of the must-sees natural and the way it should be, and by doing so they made the whole country beautiful. They could easily make millions of dollars, but they decided not to change it for us humans. Kudos to the country and its people!!!
I would love to write a trip report but it may take sometime to get there, however, I wanted to THANK following people for helping us prepare for this trip: Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb. Thanks friends for your sincere tips and wonderful suggestions.
We recently became vegetarians and we were able to maintain that in NZ. It was so nice to see multiple vegetarian options even in a remote restaurant. So no problem with food!!!! Melnq8, we tried Little India at couple places (Dunedin & Christchurch) and we loved it. We preferred the one in Dunedin.
This country is a must visit for everybody, especially for people from stressed out countries (e.g. USA). People in NZ have simple living but high thinking. NZ is a very conscience and forward-thinking country.
Signing off, while thinking of NZ’s beautiful lakes, mountains, wildlife enjoying natural habitat, and warm people.
Back From NZ (South Island): THANKS Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb!!!
Hello Fodor Friends,
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Island - 8 days in February
- 2 Great food/local favorites
- 3 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 4 Australian Aborigines
- 5 Great food/local favorites
- 6 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 7 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 8 Sydney
- 9 Incredible hotel
- 10 Good places to stay for 2015 AFC Asian Cup
- 11 Sydney - Melbourne 2 night / 3 day Road Trip
- 12 australia new zealand trip advice
- 13 New Zealand trip -itinerary help please
- 14 Milford Sound Cruise
- 15 14 day South Island Self drive
- 16 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 17 Cruise New Zealand
- 18 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 19 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 20 New Zealand Accommodations
- 21 16 days all over New Zealand
- 22 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 23 Optimum time to visit both New Zealand and Australia
- 24 Land Portion of our Cruise Tour of Australia and New Zealand
- 25 Songdoc's 5th Trip to Gorgeous New Zealand: A Trip Report