Hello Fodor Friends,
We came back from our trip from South Island, NZ and we had the trip of the lifetime. NZ is a beautiful country, with warm, friendly people, and gorgeous locations. Every turn we made, we saw one beautiful view after another. We didn’t feel like coming back and we know we will go back again. It was refreshing to know that this country has not commercialized any of the tourist spots. They have kept most of the must-sees natural and the way it should be, and by doing so they made the whole country beautiful. They could easily make millions of dollars, but they decided not to change it for us humans. Kudos to the country and its people!!!
I would love to write a trip report but it may take sometime to get there, however, I wanted to THANK following people for helping us prepare for this trip: Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb. Thanks friends for your sincere tips and wonderful suggestions.
We recently became vegetarians and we were able to maintain that in NZ. It was so nice to see multiple vegetarian options even in a remote restaurant. So no problem with food!!!! Melnq8, we tried Little India at couple places (Dunedin & Christchurch) and we loved it. We preferred the one in Dunedin.
This country is a must visit for everybody, especially for people from stressed out countries (e.g. USA). People in NZ have simple living but high thinking. NZ is a very conscience and forward-thinking country.
Signing off, while thinking of NZ’s beautiful lakes, mountains, wildlife enjoying natural habitat, and warm people.
Back From NZ (South Island): THANKS Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb!!!
Hello Fodor Friends,
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 2 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 3 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 4 New Zealand itinerary help
- 5 Hotel in Sydney
- 6 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 7 Melbourne Drive
- 8 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 9 Sydney or Melbourne
- 10 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 11 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 12 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 13 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 14 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 15 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 16 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 17 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 18 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 19 New York Times guide to Perth
- 20 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 21 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 22 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 23 Shopping for Opals
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Tasmania-where to stay for Freycinet Park,Launceston,Cradle Mt?