Hello Fodor Friends,
We came back from our trip from South Island, NZ and we had the trip of the lifetime. NZ is a beautiful country, with warm, friendly people, and gorgeous locations. Every turn we made, we saw one beautiful view after another. We didn’t feel like coming back and we know we will go back again. It was refreshing to know that this country has not commercialized any of the tourist spots. They have kept most of the must-sees natural and the way it should be, and by doing so they made the whole country beautiful. They could easily make millions of dollars, but they decided not to change it for us humans. Kudos to the country and its people!!!
I would love to write a trip report but it may take sometime to get there, however, I wanted to THANK following people for helping us prepare for this trip: Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb. Thanks friends for your sincere tips and wonderful suggestions.
We recently became vegetarians and we were able to maintain that in NZ. It was so nice to see multiple vegetarian options even in a remote restaurant. So no problem with food!!!! Melnq8, we tried Little India at couple places (Dunedin & Christchurch) and we loved it. We preferred the one in Dunedin.
This country is a must visit for everybody, especially for people from stressed out countries (e.g. USA). People in NZ have simple living but high thinking. NZ is a very conscience and forward-thinking country.
Signing off, while thinking of NZ’s beautiful lakes, mountains, wildlife enjoying natural habitat, and warm people.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 How to split up Australia?
- 2 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 3 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 4 Brisbane to Sydney
- 5 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 6 East Coast Australia
- 7 Six Weeks Down Under
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 10 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 11 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 12 Marlborough Sounds
- 13 Blue mountain in July
- 14 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 15 Tonga January Weather
- 16 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 17 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 18 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 19 Alesund - Geiranger
- 20 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 21 australia for first time
- 22 August Honeymoon Help?
- 23 Auckland restaurants and brewpubs?
- 24 Best way to exchange US dollars for Australian and NZ dollars
- 25 South Island - 8 days
Back From NZ (South Island): THANKS Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb!!!
Hello Fodor Friends,