Hello Fodor Friends,
We came back from our trip from South Island, NZ and we had the trip of the lifetime. NZ is a beautiful country, with warm, friendly people, and gorgeous locations. Every turn we made, we saw one beautiful view after another. We didn’t feel like coming back and we know we will go back again. It was refreshing to know that this country has not commercialized any of the tourist spots. They have kept most of the must-sees natural and the way it should be, and by doing so they made the whole country beautiful. They could easily make millions of dollars, but they decided not to change it for us humans. Kudos to the country and its people!!!
I would love to write a trip report but it may take sometime to get there, however, I wanted to THANK following people for helping us prepare for this trip: Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb. Thanks friends for your sincere tips and wonderful suggestions.
We recently became vegetarians and we were able to maintain that in NZ. It was so nice to see multiple vegetarian options even in a remote restaurant. So no problem with food!!!! Melnq8, we tried Little India at couple places (Dunedin & Christchurch) and we loved it. We preferred the one in Dunedin.
This country is a must visit for everybody, especially for people from stressed out countries (e.g. USA). People in NZ have simple living but high thinking. NZ is a very conscience and forward-thinking country.
Signing off, while thinking of NZ’s beautiful lakes, mountains, wildlife enjoying natural habitat, and warm people.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 2 Another itinerary question
- 3 Australia Itinerary
- 4 The whisky trail.
- 5 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 6 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 7 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 8 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 9 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 10 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 11 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 12 help with intinerary please!
- 13 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 14 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 15 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 16 Quaint
- 17 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 18 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Western Australia + Where?
- 21 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 22 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 23 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 24 A few days in Darwin
- 25 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
Back From NZ (South Island): THANKS Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb!!!
Hello Fodor Friends,