Hello Fodor Friends,
We came back from our trip from South Island, NZ and we had the trip of the lifetime. NZ is a beautiful country, with warm, friendly people, and gorgeous locations. Every turn we made, we saw one beautiful view after another. We didn’t feel like coming back and we know we will go back again. It was refreshing to know that this country has not commercialized any of the tourist spots. They have kept most of the must-sees natural and the way it should be, and by doing so they made the whole country beautiful. They could easily make millions of dollars, but they decided not to change it for us humans. Kudos to the country and its people!!!
I would love to write a trip report but it may take sometime to get there, however, I wanted to THANK following people for helping us prepare for this trip: Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb. Thanks friends for your sincere tips and wonderful suggestions.
We recently became vegetarians and we were able to maintain that in NZ. It was so nice to see multiple vegetarian options even in a remote restaurant. So no problem with food!!!! Melnq8, we tried Little India at couple places (Dunedin & Christchurch) and we loved it. We preferred the one in Dunedin.
This country is a must visit for everybody, especially for people from stressed out countries (e.g. USA). People in NZ have simple living but high thinking. NZ is a very conscience and forward-thinking country.
Signing off, while thinking of NZ’s beautiful lakes, mountains, wildlife enjoying natural habitat, and warm people.
Back From NZ (South Island): THANKS Melnq8, Chenoa, Freetoroam, and mlgb!!!
Hello Fodor Friends,
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Paging Cathies
- 2 Limestone Coast, South Australia - ideas needed
- 3 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 4 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 5 Cairns itinerary - inputs needed
- 6 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 7 5 days in Tasmania
- 8 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 9 Help
- 10 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 11 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 12 Byron Bay or ...
- 13 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 14 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 15 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 16 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 17 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 18 NZ vs Aust
- 19 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 20 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 21 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 22 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 23 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 24 August week end in Auckland
- 25 28 days to campervan around australia