I recently posted on the forum for suggestions on a New Zealand itinerary. I’ve had some great responses and am hoping for more help with an Australian itinerary. I’d love feedback on what to do and how to best utilize my time. My sister and I will be in Sydney for a large portion of our trip but there’s flexibility with this time table. I’m thinking of using Sydney for beach time R&R and as a base for day trips and overnights, say a trip to Tasmania. We’ll be there in late February/early March. I know this is the wet season for the GBR but I would really love to see it. Do you guys recommend Cairns or going elsewhere? If all I want to do is snorkel and see the rainforest is three days in Cairns too much? Thanks for the help! Here’s the breakdown.
DAY 1: FRI: QUEENSTOWN, NZ/ MELBOURNE
DAY 2: SAT: MELBOURNE
DAY 3: SUN: MELBOURNE
DAY 4: MON: MELBOURNE
DAY 5: TUE: CAIRNS
DAY 6: WED: CAIRNS
DAY 7: THU: CAIRNS
DAY 8: FRI: SYDNEY
DAY 9: SAT: SYDNEY
DAY 10: MON: SYDNEY
DAY 11: TUE: SYDNEY
DAY 12: WED: SYDNEY
DAY 13: THU: SYDNEY/LA
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Brisbane to Sydney
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 5 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary
- 7 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 8 NZ visa denials
- 9 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 10 Help on Itinerary
- 11 Sydney Trip
- 12 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 13 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 14 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 15 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 16 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 17 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 18 Extra 2 nights = help
- 19 February Australia Visit
- 20 Best wildlife near sydney
- 21 Where to go in Australia
- 22 Bruny Island
- 23 Western Australia
- 24 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 25 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website