I recently posted on the forum for suggestions on a New Zealand itinerary. I’ve had some great responses and am hoping for more help with an Australian itinerary. I’d love feedback on what to do and how to best utilize my time. My sister and I will be in Sydney for a large portion of our trip but there’s flexibility with this time table. I’m thinking of using Sydney for beach time R&R and as a base for day trips and overnights, say a trip to Tasmania. We’ll be there in late February/early March. I know this is the wet season for the GBR but I would really love to see it. Do you guys recommend Cairns or going elsewhere? If all I want to do is snorkel and see the rainforest is three days in Cairns too much? Thanks for the help! Here’s the breakdown.
DAY 1: FRI: QUEENSTOWN, NZ/ MELBOURNE
DAY 2: SAT: MELBOURNE
DAY 3: SUN: MELBOURNE
DAY 4: MON: MELBOURNE
DAY 5: TUE: CAIRNS
DAY 6: WED: CAIRNS
DAY 7: THU: CAIRNS
DAY 8: FRI: SYDNEY
DAY 9: SAT: SYDNEY
DAY 10: MON: SYDNEY
DAY 11: TUE: SYDNEY
DAY 12: WED: SYDNEY
DAY 13: THU: SYDNEY/LA
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 The southern lights
- 2 Picton Drive Through
- 3 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 4 Six Weeks Down Under
- 5 Mel's NZ Photos
- 6 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 7 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 8 August Honeymoon Help?
- 9 How to split up Australia?
- 10 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 11 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 12 Brisbane to Sydney
- 13 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 14 East Coast Australia
- 15 North and South Island of NZ
- 16 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 17 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 18 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 19 Marlborough Sounds
- 20 Blue mountain in July
- 21 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 22 Tonga January Weather
- 23 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 24 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 25 Scenary around Winton QLD