I would like to travel to Australia with my husband and four children in July. My kids ages range from 10 to 3 years old. We will have bt three weeks and a month in Australia. I'm wondering what the best areas are for that time of year. From preliminary research I think Sydney, the GBR and the rain forest are must sees. We also need to see the penguins, one of my sons love penguins, it seems like kangaroo island has gotten better reviews than Phillips but will it be too cold in July? Also where to stay when visiting the reef and rainforest? We usually stay in apartments when we travel and if there are any suggestions in that department they would be greatly welcome. Are there other areas that should be must sees for us? I don't want to spend all of our time/ funds flying from place to place but would like to get a comprehensive view of the country. My children are game for most things, we spent last summer in Bali and HK and I'm not worried about them as far as adventures go. Of course kid specific ideas are welcome as are logistics and anything I've missed. I'm at the very beginning of this process and looking forward to hearing ideas and itinerary help. Thanks
Australia with kids in July
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 2 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 3 Byron Bay or ...
- 4 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 5 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 6 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 7 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 8 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 9 Paging Cathies
- 10 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 11 NZ vs Aust
- 12 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 13 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 14 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 15 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 16 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 17 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 18 August week end in Auckland
- 19 28 days to campervan around australia
- 20 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 21 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 22 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 23 Sydney Weather in September
- 24 South Island Suggestions ...
- 25 Favorite things to do in Melbourne