I would like to travel to Australia with my husband and four children in July. My kids ages range from 10 to 3 years old. We will have bt three weeks and a month in Australia. I'm wondering what the best areas are for that time of year. From preliminary research I think Sydney, the GBR and the rain forest are must sees. We also need to see the penguins, one of my sons love penguins, it seems like kangaroo island has gotten better reviews than Phillips but will it be too cold in July? Also where to stay when visiting the reef and rainforest? We usually stay in apartments when we travel and if there are any suggestions in that department they would be greatly welcome. Are there other areas that should be must sees for us? I don't want to spend all of our time/ funds flying from place to place but would like to get a comprehensive view of the country. My children are game for most things, we spent last summer in Bali and HK and I'm not worried about them as far as adventures go. Of course kid specific ideas are welcome as are logistics and anything I've missed. I'm at the very beginning of this process and looking forward to hearing ideas and itinerary help. Thanks
Australia with kids in July
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Emirates and Jetstar
- 2 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 3 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 4 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 5 14 days in NZ in February
- 6 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 7 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 8 16 days all over New Zealand
- 9 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 10 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 11 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 12 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 13 Heading to Australia!
- 14 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 15 South Island Itinerary
- 16 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 17 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 18 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 19 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 20 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 21 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 22 victoria in march
- 23 3 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 24 Victoria with kids
- 25 Puffing billy day trip from Melbourne