I would like to travel to Australia with my husband and four children in July. My kids ages range from 10 to 3 years old. We will have bt three weeks and a month in Australia. I'm wondering what the best areas are for that time of year. From preliminary research I think Sydney, the GBR and the rain forest are must sees. We also need to see the penguins, one of my sons love penguins, it seems like kangaroo island has gotten better reviews than Phillips but will it be too cold in July? Also where to stay when visiting the reef and rainforest? We usually stay in apartments when we travel and if there are any suggestions in that department they would be greatly welcome. Are there other areas that should be must sees for us? I don't want to spend all of our time/ funds flying from place to place but would like to get a comprehensive view of the country. My children are game for most things, we spent last summer in Bali and HK and I'm not worried about them as far as adventures go. Of course kid specific ideas are welcome as are logistics and anything I've missed. I'm at the very beginning of this process and looking forward to hearing ideas and itinerary help. Thanks
Australia with kids in July
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Travel Insurance
- 2 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 3 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 4 Itinerary Help
- 5 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 6 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 7 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 8 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 9 Packing List
- 10 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 11 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 12 Sydney and Auckland
- 13 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 14 Internet access
- 15 Night Out Byron Bay
- 16 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 17 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 18 10 days itinerary
- 19 Fremantle my love..
- 20 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 21 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 22 Books?
- 23 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 24 Choosing a Visa
- 25 Australia & NZ -3 weeks