I would like to travel to Australia with my husband and four children in July. My kids ages range from 10 to 3 years old. We will have bt three weeks and a month in Australia. I'm wondering what the best areas are for that time of year. From preliminary research I think Sydney, the GBR and the rain forest are must sees. We also need to see the penguins, one of my sons love penguins, it seems like kangaroo island has gotten better reviews than Phillips but will it be too cold in July? Also where to stay when visiting the reef and rainforest? We usually stay in apartments when we travel and if there are any suggestions in that department they would be greatly welcome. Are there other areas that should be must sees for us? I don't want to spend all of our time/ funds flying from place to place but would like to get a comprehensive view of the country. My children are game for most things, we spent last summer in Bali and HK and I'm not worried about them as far as adventures go. Of course kid specific ideas are welcome as are logistics and anything I've missed. I'm at the very beginning of this process and looking forward to hearing ideas and itinerary help. Thanks
Australia with kids in July
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 2 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne