I’m in the preliminary stages of planning a trip to Australia for July 1st through the 26th with my girlfriend; we’re traveling from the United States. I have family in Melbourne and have been to the East Coast of Australia and Uluru numerous times.
This being said, I am planning this trip with my girlfriend and it will be her first trip to Australia. My idea of fun (bumming around Nimbin, skiing in at Mt Buller and hiking Tasmania) might not be the same as hers. What is your suggested itinerary for a trip of this time frame? Budget wise, how much should I plan for? In the past I have always traveled Australia and New Zealand on a backpacker budget of around $4000 - $5000 USD (including flights), but I don’t think this would be sufficient with my girlfriend. (Also, would a layover in Queenstown be worth it for a few days?)
Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Good quality MMJ Products, CBD oils
- 2 Australia for two weeks.
- 3 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 6 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 7 Food to Try Out
- 8 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 9 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 10 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 11 Recommended guidebooks
- 12 South Island Road Trip
- 13 Surprises in Australia
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast