I’m in the preliminary stages of planning a trip to Australia for July 1st through the 26th with my girlfriend; we’re traveling from the United States. I have family in Melbourne and have been to the East Coast of Australia and Uluru numerous times.
This being said, I am planning this trip with my girlfriend and it will be her first trip to Australia. My idea of fun (bumming around Nimbin, skiing in at Mt Buller and hiking Tasmania) might not be the same as hers. What is your suggested itinerary for a trip of this time frame? Budget wise, how much should I plan for? In the past I have always traveled Australia and New Zealand on a backpacker budget of around $4000 - $5000 USD (including flights), but I don’t think this would be sufficient with my girlfriend. (Also, would a layover in Queenstown be worth it for a few days?)
Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.firstsupplementchoice.com/enduro-force/
- 2 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 3 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 4 5 days trip in South Island
- 5 14 day South NZ Trip
- 6 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 7 North Island Itinerary Help
- 8 Visa for Australia
- 9 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 10 Hotel Sydney
- 11 Transportation advice needed
- 12 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 13 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 14 Three days in Cairns
- 15 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 16 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 17 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 18 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 19 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 20 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 21 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 22 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 23 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
- 24 Favorite activities in Moorea, Bora Bora?
- 25 Trip report: Ultimate 3-week Australia itinerary