I’m in the preliminary stages of planning a trip to Australia for July 1st through the 26th with my girlfriend; we’re traveling from the United States. I have family in Melbourne and have been to the East Coast of Australia and Uluru numerous times.
This being said, I am planning this trip with my girlfriend and it will be her first trip to Australia. My idea of fun (bumming around Nimbin, skiing in at Mt Buller and hiking Tasmania) might not be the same as hers. What is your suggested itinerary for a trip of this time frame? Budget wise, how much should I plan for? In the past I have always traveled Australia and New Zealand on a backpacker budget of around $4000 - $5000 USD (including flights), but I don’t think this would be sufficient with my girlfriend. (Also, would a layover in Queenstown be worth it for a few days?)
Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 help with intinerary please!
- 2 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 3 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 4 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 5 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 6 Quaint
- 7 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 8 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 9 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 10 Western Australia + Where?
- 11 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 12 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 13 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 14 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 15 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 16 A few days in Darwin
- 17 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 18 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 19 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
- 20 Ride sharing Service
- 21 Our Three weeks in Australia and PNG
- 22 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 23 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 24 Which glowworm dell is better – Hokitika or Fox Glacier (Minnehaha)?
- 25 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)