I’m in the preliminary stages of planning a trip to Australia for July 1st through the 26th with my girlfriend; we’re traveling from the United States. I have family in Melbourne and have been to the East Coast of Australia and Uluru numerous times.
This being said, I am planning this trip with my girlfriend and it will be her first trip to Australia. My idea of fun (bumming around Nimbin, skiing in at Mt Buller and hiking Tasmania) might not be the same as hers. What is your suggested itinerary for a trip of this time frame? Budget wise, how much should I plan for? In the past I have always traveled Australia and New Zealand on a backpacker budget of around $4000 - $5000 USD (including flights), but I don’t think this would be sufficient with my girlfriend. (Also, would a layover in Queenstown be worth it for a few days?)
Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 2 Brisbane to Sydney
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 5 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary
- 7 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 8 NZ visa denials
- 9 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 10 Help on Itinerary
- 11 Sydney Trip
- 12 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 13 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 14 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 15 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 16 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 17 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 18 Extra 2 nights = help
- 19 February Australia Visit
- 20 Best wildlife near sydney
- 21 Where to go in Australia
- 22 Bruny Island
- 23 Western Australia
- 24 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 25 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website