looking for some help planning my trip to Australia in July and August.
I´m flying in to Melbourne on 17th July and staying with my sister who lives and works there.
I´m sure she will be able to guide me a little but I am here to ask for some expert advice about must sees and must dos. Money is tight so nothing fancy or expensive. I am planning to hire a car and set off somewhere after a week in Melbourne. Is camping a good option if money is tight? I´m leaving things rather late and flexible and plan to make firm decisions after I arrive.
not really interested in beaches and sunny/hot weather (i live in spain) but would love to find some off the beaten track places and anywhere with a good reputation for music/art/culture.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with NZ Travel
- 2 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 3 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 4 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 5 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 6 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 7 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 8 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 9 Kaikoura roads update
- 10 Free Camping
- 11 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 12 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 13 Clever, mischievous keas
- 14 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 15 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 16 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 17 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 18 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 19 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 20 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 21 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 22 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 23 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 24 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 25 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas