My girlfriend and I are planning to head down to Melbourne in August (we're in early 30's and from India). Now, I know it's winter down under but August is the only time off we got and we've been wanting to do Australia for a while.
We have around 2 weeks and after discussing/debating various options, we're very confused. Both love food and oceans and culture, and driving, however, even after crawling the web for days we haven't been able to lock a plan down. So my questions are these:
1. Is winter in Australia a complete bummer? Better going some place else?
2. Apart from driving down to GOR (we haven't driven in snow before but very good drivers otherwise), what else could we try around Melbourne?
3. Girlfriend wants to do Sydney, I want to drive there, stopping off along the way but will we waste too much time and have nothing left for Sydney?
4. Current rough plan looks like this:
- 3 days Mel
- 2 days GOR
- 3 days Syd
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 2 west and north Tasmania
- 3 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 4 Trip to Cairns
- 5 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 6 Beers in Oz
- 7 NZ visa denials
- 8 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 9 Brisbane to Sydney
- 10 5 days in South Island
- 11 Vini SIM card?
- 12 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 13 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 14 New Zealand Itinerary
- 15 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 16 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 17 Help on Itinerary
- 18 Sydney Trip
- 19 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 20 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 21 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 22 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 23 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 24 Extra 2 nights = help
- 25 February Australia Visit