My girlfriend and I are planning to head down to Melbourne in August (we're in early 30's and from India). Now, I know it's winter down under but August is the only time off we got and we've been wanting to do Australia for a while.
We have around 2 weeks and after discussing/debating various options, we're very confused. Both love food and oceans and culture, and driving, however, even after crawling the web for days we haven't been able to lock a plan down. So my questions are these:
1. Is winter in Australia a complete bummer? Better going some place else?
2. Apart from driving down to GOR (we haven't driven in snow before but very good drivers otherwise), what else could we try around Melbourne?
3. Girlfriend wants to do Sydney, I want to drive there, stopping off along the way but will we waste too much time and have nothing left for Sydney?
4. Current rough plan looks like this:
- 3 days Mel
- 2 days GOR
- 3 days Syd
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 2 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 3 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 4 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 5 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 6 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 7 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 8 14 day South NZ Trip
- 9 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 10 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 11 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 12 One-day hike in Milford area
- 13 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 14 Best national park around Sydney
- 15 1 night stay around GOR
- 16 7 days in New Zealand
- 17 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 18 NZ repeat visitors
- 19 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 20 South Island Suggestions
- 21 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 22 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 23 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 24 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 25 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef