My girlfriend and I are planning to head down to Melbourne in August (we're in early 30's and from India). Now, I know it's winter down under but August is the only time off we got and we've been wanting to do Australia for a while.
We have around 2 weeks and after discussing/debating various options, we're very confused. Both love food and oceans and culture, and driving, however, even after crawling the web for days we haven't been able to lock a plan down. So my questions are these:
1. Is winter in Australia a complete bummer? Better going some place else?
2. Apart from driving down to GOR (we haven't driven in snow before but very good drivers otherwise), what else could we try around Melbourne?
3. Girlfriend wants to do Sydney, I want to drive there, stopping off along the way but will we waste too much time and have nothing left for Sydney?
4. Current rough plan looks like this:
- 3 days Mel
- 2 days GOR
- 3 days Syd
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 2 Picton Drive Through
- 3 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 4 Six Weeks Down Under
- 5 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 6 North and South Island of NZ
- 7 The southern lights
- 8 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 9 Mel's NZ Photos
- 10 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 11 August Honeymoon Help?
- 12 How to split up Australia?
- 13 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 14 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 15 Brisbane to Sydney
- 16 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 17 East Coast Australia
- 18 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 19 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 20 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 21 Marlborough Sounds
- 22 Blue mountain in July
- 23 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 24 Tonga January Weather
- 25 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015